Juggernaut Coil Advice

I’m not sure if the labelling is correct on the box. As them in my RDA shown, where labelled as fused Clapton and they look different than the flat Clapton. A bit confusing as I’m new to this, coil building and RDA’S

1 Like

Those have 2 cores of round 26 gauge wire wrapped with 39 gauge wire. Your flat claptons or flaptons will have flat ribbon wire in them.

1 Like

I could be wrong but they look like fused claptons. There’s a little darker line in the middle, which is the crevice between the 2 cores. You don’t get that effect with a flat clapton.

2 Likes

They are flat though. Maybe they’ve been flattened in a pasta roller lol

4 Likes

Thought I’d try the juggernaut coils again tonight and I’ve got to say, they’re utter rubbish. Require too much power to get decent flavour and just to even get them to fire.
My verdict is totally aesthetic. Someone obviously had too much time on their hands and decided to make a nice looking coil.
I’m using them in my Vandy Vape Bonza RDA, which I also think is totally overrated. Air holes need be higher in the unit to avoid leakage.
This combo with the juggernaut coil is very unimpressive.
I may give them one more try in my favoured Hellvape Drop Dead Rabbit and see how they perform in there. It’s certainly a very true saying with many things in life. Keep it simple and bring on the Hellvape Passage RDA I’ve just ordered and should get in the next 2 weeks :grin:

4 Likes

These look flat too, only when you zoom in (and see the hick-ups I made), you clearly see they’re fused claptons

Regular 26g with a 40g wrap. I do pinch them with plastic pliers to get the twist out of them before I wrap them but it’s not really flattening them.
Little flavor bombs and a bit faster to make than braids.

5 Likes

This has always been my opinion about juggernauts. The ribbon wire does nothing but hurt the vaping experience. They look fancy though, like lots of other coil designs. Chinese companies have come up with lots of fancy looking crap :laughing:. I’m sure it’s to entice people. They used to use overly large wires for everything too. The coils are just inefficient.

I get the very best flavor from staggered fused claptons. I like to use 3 to 6 round wire cores and fuse them together with 40 or even 42ga. I’m all about efficiency, and maximum flavor. I’ve said it a lot but if I could get better flavor from something that takes less effort, I would. SFC coils aren’t the quickest and easiest to make (especially constructed from smaller wire sizes), but I think they’re worth it.

5 Likes