Juice disolving Cotton?

Yeah, I see what you mean. I wasn’t planning on rebuilding at the minute. Maybe this weekend. :wink: I’ll go with the cotton for now and see what I can do with the hemp later.

I’ll have to be honest, i dont understand this "flooding"
you mean that the wicks wont hold the juice down? and that the juice will continue to flow down into the well and continue to do so and then fill the juice well and then overfill and flood?
am i correct?

Yeah, and come out the air holes and cover your mod, hands, pocket, vape bag, car seat, dog, underpants, etc… You’ve never had a tank flood!? I bow to you or you are pulling me on like a boot. No way you’ve never had a tank flood. No Way!

any and every wick material i use always comes out complete or mostly complete

i have had my share, brother, you can believe that…but the aromamizer? not even once!

1 Like

matta-fact…i’m getting ready to rewick one of my Aromamizers with FiberFreaks now…

Pictures please! How often do you change your cotton? I have some cotton bacon v2 and ill run it head to head same build and juice in my two Billow V2 Nanos. Sound like a useful experiment? That Billow from my hemp wicking thread, wicked well before i made that thread, is STILL vaping like a champ.

Hemp comes out a different color and limper, but does not tear to pieces when it comes out. Not at all, not even a little piece.

ever used FiberFreaks cotton blend 01?

1 Like

Negative. Im down for whatever, even though im super-pleased with hemp.

i’ll take pix as i do this one…gimme a few

1 Like

Start with a 3mm dual coil build…and cut a strip about a half inch:

Twist one end, insert, pull all the way through. The far end will be the bottom of my first wick. I maximize efficiency and minimize waste:

I cut exactly what’s needed for the first wick and then use my original twist to start through the second coil:

One strip provided both wicks, very little waste:

Now, I trim, if necessary, and tuck dem bishes:

Tuck the ends, making sure they touch the bottom of juice well, because that’s where the juice makes its appearance…make sure there is air flow under the coils…

And that’s that… Prime dem bishes and get it on!!!

Hit me with questions if ya gottem!!

3 Likes

to answer your question, i rewick about every week or two, depending on how i feel…i run about 8-9 mod/tank setups constantly, non stop…i vape a lot, a whole-fuckin-lot…i love my vape…i love fresh wicks, its more of a preference/spoiled rotten person that i let myself be…

2 Likes

i rotate several different kinds of wicking material as i eventually get tired of whatever i am using…this week i am using FiberFreaks on the aromamizers and Drago egyptian cotton on everything else…
i rotate cotton bacon v2, koh gen do, muji, drago and fiber freaks right now…i have native wicks also, but havent really been using it as of late because it tastes really atrong of cotton…
Drago is really really nice, i really like it

So do you cover the holes in the juice well with cotton or leave those wide open. I feel like i should cover them.

Lightly cover them. But i do horizontal coils.

[quote="Whiterose0818, post:31, topic:3655
Tuck the ends, making sure they touch the bottom of juice well, because that’s where the juice makes its appearance…make sure there is air flow under the coils
[/quote]

The holes should be covered for direct absorption

Horizontal coils like the ones I did?

My bad. No virticul, 3.0mm. Works awesome

1 Like

Yup, best vertical coil platform i have used, thankfully. I was a little trepidatious because I’ve only had bad luck with verticals and I knew looking at the deck that hemp was not going to work well/easily with horizontals. . .maybe with really short coils, I will eventuall try.

Still, with the info @SthrnMixer gave me and a couple of days for the hemp to soak it is now solidly my #3 tank with the verticals.

I am still going to build my Billows with Cotton Bacon and hemp and do an honest side-by-side for the whole life of the wick/coil. Hehe, I may need a second Reuleaux just to make everything perfectly even.