Juicy mouthfeel

I have a Cola recipe but am finding that it vapes dry… Using Sobucky Cola. I am looking for a more wet, juicy mouthfeel…Can anyone recommend a flavor to add to the mix to accomplish this, and not alter the flavor of the Cola? Currently, I don’t have Inawera’s Cactus. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

9 Likes

Pear FA …Works like a charm

9 Likes

What percentage do you suggest to accomplish this without altering the flavor of the mix?

6 Likes

If you’re not going to steep (SNV), try 0.25-0.5%. If you’re going to steep it, 1%

8 Likes

Any spicy notes with including pear into a recipe for juiciness?

6 Likes

No , There should be no Spice notes

6 Likes

@delltrapp suggested same thing i would have …

6 Likes

thank you, does it have similar properties as inw cactus?

6 Likes

I would have to look and compare Compounds…Of course their are different tast when pushed high enough. Ill do some research…

Just enough lemon/lime can creste a juicy feel.as well BUT these flavirs can alter a recipe so you can use it in some recipes…

Fa Cucumber is another flavor that can give that Wet/ Juicy feel

6 Likes

I used to use Fuji Apple (FA) at low %s to achieve this. More recently i have been using Plum (MF).

Pear (FA) is an all around great Pear too so having it in your arsenal is a good idea.

While Cactus (INW) works it has some rather plastic like, more aloe like, than i would care to taste in a vape, pushing it high enough for (juiciness) makes a vape unbearable, to me.

7 Likes

Omg…I like Cactus , our friendship is now suspect lmao. Cactus has definetley had a love hate relationship with mixers. Fuji would work for sure .

MF Plum ?? Hmmm i must try this ty

6 Likes

Im probably tainted, the first time i used it was at 1% SFT, to this day i can still taste it. :face_vomiting:

I used to have to drink pure aloe juice for acid reflux, its exactly what i taste when i vape cactus now.

I use plum in some fruit mixes @ .06%, seems to do the job.

7 Likes

Thank you! I will put FA Pear on my shopping list and try it at .25 - .5

5 Likes

Keep in mind tou can push that flavor. So start low and work your way up.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was going through my stash in the basement…Pulled FA Cucumber…What % would you suggest that would work without imparting the green rind flavor of the Cucumber?

3 Likes

I have to be honest…It has been a few years since ive used that flavor . Im not even sure it will work with a cola . Of course if yiu try it just start low , i know that the easy answer but for this flavor with a cola Im just not sure …Sorry

4 Likes

@Flavor_Alchemist Can we see the recipe you are working with? That would certainly help.

5 Likes

@Ken_O_Where I am using Session Drummer’s Sobucky CherryCola with his increased Cherry at 1.25% and Cola at 1%… not using the sweetener. It’s not terribly dry, but I do experience a dry note, nonetheless…I saw on the discussion on his recipe the suggestion of the VTA Cane Sugar adding a Cola syrup effect but unfortunately I didn’t see the discussion before placing my Bull City order…Silly me.! :blush:

3 Likes

Pear FA will work well in that. I love that mix and have a couple 30mls mixed as well as making it for the Novo 2, just increased the %s a tad bit.

5 Likes

@Ken_O_Where Yes, I saw your comment on the recipe thread…It was too late for me to order other flavors, including that VTA Cane Sugar, let alone other flavors…A buddy called in his order to me, speaking of Sessions Cherry Coke, so I jumped on board too…before even looking at the recipe…It is a tasty, well balanced blend, but for me, needs a few adjustments. Thank you for your input…What percentage of that FA pear would you recommend I use to add a bit of juicy-ness to the vape without diluting the Cola?

3 Likes