Jungle Flavors / Flavor Jungle Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

The Kraken was pacing with great anticipation but has been left agonizingly short of his/her temporary release.

3 Likes

Okay, you may have seen my “rage” emoji. I log on and avoid the “testing flavors now” because I don’t want to get sucked in again. I had a weak moment when I saw FJ because I generally have good luck with their flavors. I think their Biscuit is very good, so how much better could Ultimate Biscuit be? Well, dammit! Ya have to tell me it’s a different animal and there is no real comparison. I’m ending it here because no one wants to read a multitude of curse words in long succession. Good night!

10 Likes

So you’re basically saying :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

7 Likes

Hehe, I know, I know @Gazza7. It just seemed just ALMOST perfect, and couldn’t put my finger on it.

3 Likes

Well @muth, that’s up to the individual, BUT, it did present as a wholly new, rather than a tweak and release to me.

4 Likes

You need to find an “enlightened” emoji. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow! lol this was my interpretation -pretty darn close

Biscuit 2% buttery, between a shortbread, bisquick and graham cracker. No cinnamon, or spice like a graham cracker, but the graininess of a graham cracker… like a blank slate biscuit (similar toto ssa) not drying though, it’s saturated. My first thought is like a strawberry shortcake, or s’mores? I really like this one-2% seems good.

7 Likes

Lynda did you really just mention S’mores to SD?:rofl: That’s ok I :100:% sure he was thinking about S’mores anyway.

4 Likes

Wow, seems like you have good taste. :slight_smile:

I did test 3% higher, so not sure if that changed anything.

3 Likes

Although I could see it working in a S’mores base, I hadn’t really thought of that. Maybe the shortbread elements, or the buttery kiss off. Interesting.

I like seeing everyone’s reviews, as it can really bring up things that might have been missed, or not thought of. Very nice @Lynda_Marie.

4 Likes

Sorry SD whenever I see S’mores I immediately think of you’re love of the tasty treats.

5 Likes

Hehe, it’s all good in the neighborhood @McDuckie, I mean can you ever think about S’mores too much ?? !!!

2 Likes

Ultimate Peach (Flavor Jungle) 2% / 3% (1-27-24) – I started out with FJ’s rec of 1-2%, and decided to push it to 3% which provided minimal gains if at all, so it would appear 2% is probably the top end for this one. This one presented as a mostly yellow peach, sweetened, with some juicy-ness, and light white peach accents. Even at it’s 2% top end it wasn’t an overwhelming, in your face peach, but it held it’s own. Sweetness was just below mid-level, and there were no off-notes to complain about. At times I got an almost Apricot on the finish which seemed to help sell it. It tasted mostly natural with some slight articial/candied notes, and I’d place it about 80% natural 20% artificial. While having juicy-ness, it did have a somewhat dryer, slightly astringent finish, that I wouldn’t call an off-note per se, but be advised it was there. Smelling it in the bottle it seemed more yellow than when testing, which is where I picked up on the lighter white peach elements. A solid, mostly yellow, mostly natural peach was what you got with this one, with just a PINCH of skin on the finish as well. Although I didn’t have any real take-offs, it felt like it could have been just a bit MORE Ultimate, so leaving it still fairly high at a 8.95/10.

8 Likes

I just did it by smell, and I think, maybe Fiddy said he did his at 2%, but now I think I’ll try it higher. I used it in a mix at 2% with some graham cracker (clear) which came out pretty well. I think the % for ultimate’s are all over the place it seems, for suggestions.

Thanks! I’m starting on Cap in a few days. I mixed them at the beginning of the week. I’m looking forward to tasting them.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can see that working out well.

3 Likes

Again, pretty similar!

Peach 2% slightly candied, but like the first batch of ultimate sb and WM, I get body, and flesh/skin note, so not 100% candy, it’s like a very sweet ripe juicy yellow peach.

My notes aren’t as detailed because I can talk them through, just simple notes for myself :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I went by the recomended percentage sticker they sent with the flavors

7 Likes

I have that sticker as well. I went by my previous experience with the first batches of ultimates I tested. Some of those, or most are for cooking, baking, beverages etc. I don’t think I’ve ever mixed with an ultimate over 4% and that was ultimate vanilla custard, BUT flavor is subjective and that’s what works for me.

4 Likes

LOL, I hear you. That’s how I started, and it might be easier to write just for myself again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:hamsa::lotus::woman_in_lotus_position:t3: :place_of_worship:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

5 Likes