Jungle Flavors / Flavor Jungle Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

Ultimate RY4 Double (Flavor Jungle) 4% (1-28-24) – Pushing onto the 2nd to the last in this series, with the U RY4 Double. At 4% this one was great, and I didn’t feel the need to increase it at all. It presented like many other RY4’s and with the typical nuances. A somewhat lighter tobacco, some very good caramel, and a good dose of “dirty”. Now dirty wasn’t bad in this flavor, and it did work. I couldn’t tell if it the “dirt” was coming from the Caramel or the Bacco, but in the end, it didn’t matter. It was there, and it added some nice dark earthy-ness to the flavor, and helped to offset the somewhat sweet profile of it. It registered maybe a tick or two above mid-level, and at times I wondered if it was TOO sweet, but then I settled on “not too sweet” as it seemed to work opposing the dark earthy-ness very well. It really seemed like there was another profile, probably a bakery-ish element hiding lower in the mix, .as it had more weight or bulk than a simple caramel/bacco. Maybe a graham crust, but hard to say. The caramel was very good tasting, and with the “dirt” it as well, favored a darker tone. All in, an impressive showing from FJ. No off-notes to complain about, and abou thte only “maybe, kinda, sorta” complaint would be the sweetness level(s), but again, that was just a “maybe”. Sweet, bacco, caramel, light bakery, and some nice dark, dirty/earthy thrown in for good measure. Kicking down just slightly for the slight candy-ness, and leaving it still high at a 9.1/10.

9 Likes

lol again my simple thoughts to talk further upon

Ry4 double 3% sweet honey/caramel/golden syrupy with a slight bakery, (graham?) dirty tobacco light throughout the vape. It’s actually quite good at 3%.

5 Likes

Ahhhh that’s a good way to describe it, honey/golden syrupy.

2 Likes

My notes suck :joy: I made a dirty cookie crack with this and the ultimate ry4 just melded right into it. I’m not a tobacco vaper but I actually finished the 60 ml.

2 Likes

I think they’re fine, we need more !!!

2 Likes

Burnt sugar is sweet : slight_smile: lol. Im with sam on this one. All i get is Em or sweet vg.

4 Likes

I’ll follow along your new nomz notes after you do them! Noted is doing 2 weeks, skip a week and 2 more weeks of them.

2 Likes

I know, at least he got the same thing so you know it wasn’t a bad bottle though. Funny because Sam and I usually have similar tastes. I’m not a tobacco person, so I’m honestly surprised I even mixed with it!

2 Likes

I thought i was going crazy lol. It must be just the right compounds to make some people not taste it. We are the first ever ry4 mutes. Odd because i love most ry4s and the jf original ry4 is my fav

4 Likes

Ultimate Strawberry Tutti Frutti (Flavor Jungle) 5% (2-4-24) – Sorry guys, got distracted loading up the new NomNomz SC’s. This, the last NEW Ultimate in this series turned out to be somewhat of a mystery. Surprisingly, it wasn’t overflowing with Strawberries, or Tutti Frutti. Yes, you read that right. There was SOME SB in there, but it was fairly overpowered by more of a generic “pink chewy candy” than anything else, and if there WAS some Tutti Frutti, it was buried. Sweetness was just below mid level, and I didn’t pickup on any off-notes. Even though this one didn’t really push alot of SB, or TF, it would still be useful in bolstering SB mixes. The light SB I did get was slightly tart, candied, and shrouded in a pink chewy. All in, maybe not my favorite of the new Ultimates, and not terrible, but relegating this one to “mixer” status, and leaving it about half way there, with a 5.0/10.

10 Likes

Sb tutti fruity 4% sweet artificial strawberry with a hubba bubba type gum flavor, no “powder”, imo just a strawberry taffy type flavor-pretty full and saturated, rather syrupy.

7 Likes

has anyone tried DS [Jungle Juice]
link removed by staff

1 Like

Mixing up the Ultimate Coconut Milk, and Sweet Strawberry now …

Coconut (Flavor Jungle) 4% (6-2-24) – This one smelled very good in the bottle, and tasty pretty good when testing. What I liked most about it, was that it tasted pretty natural, and almost like a dry coconut flake, with NO suntan lotion, or greasy notes. It was a tad dry, which is why I described it as coconut flakes. The dryness wasn’t off-putting, but still very present. No coconut milk here, or very much creaminess, just a fairly natural, dry(er) coconut flake. At 4% it was very present, but not ceiling smashing. My personal preferences would to have a little coconut milk and/or creaminess to it, but that’s MY preference(s). I could see this one pairing very nicely with some other coconuts, for a more full bodied coconut. As it stood, with hardly any artificial notes, and no oil, grease, or suntan lotion, this one was pretty good. The dryness throughout, and on the finish would be the only off-notes. It felt solidly placed, at a 8.6/10.

Cookie Butter (Flavor Jungle) 1.5%/4% (6-3-24) – I’d heard this one was strong, so I tested it at both 1.5% and all the way up to 4%. My two main take aways were Speculoos Cookie, and Clove. In short it was like a spiced speculoos cookie with some lighter, creamier elements, but nothing stood out as an overt butter. Creamy-ish, yes, buttery, not really. The spice was fairly present, and while I didn’t pick up on any ginger, this would work great in any mix with gingerbread in it. When comparing the lower and higher mix levels, I got a little dry-ness at the lower (1.5%), that I didn’t get at the higher (4%). I was surprised it didn’t get stupid at the higher rate. Not muted, but it wasn’t a linear increase in strengh, maybe topped out at 2%. I didn’t 100% fall in love with it, as it wasn’t a pure Speculoos Cookie, and not truly "Buttery’. Very tasty, with solidly present spice levels, that left the solid perch of JUST a Spec Cookie, and added in some creamy smoothness. Sweetness was below mid-level, and no off-notes, BUT, use with caution or the spice could run over your mix. Tasty, accurate, and no complaints other than wondering if a straight Spec Cookie might win out over this one. Leaving it still high at a 8.0/10.

Forest Mix (Flavor Jungle) 4% (6-8-24) – When waiting for this one to steep, I did wonder if it would be similar to FA’s Forrest Fruit. Turns out it was fairly different. I mean, it was still a fruit medley, but quite a bit different than FA’s. It was very complicated trying to extract the individual fruits in this mix, but it did lean somewhat to the darker side. It seemed to revolve more around “berry” fruits, with maybe some blueberry, raspberry, and maybe some grape. Sweetness was a few ticks below mid-level, and there was some very nice tartness to the finish, which helped keep it interesting. I wouldn’t say as focused, or good as FA’s, but still pretty good. For a “berry”-ish focused medley, it was pretty good. No off-notes, and about the only minor issue would be a slight lack of focus. Tasty, just enough tart, and berry good (see what I did there). After 3 testers, finally decided to score it at a fairly high 7.9/10.

Sweet Cinnamon Bun (Flavor Jungle) 4% (6-9-24) – Thanks out to @natbone for patiently waiting for this review. ONTO the tests !!! OK, cinnamon vapes CAN be tricky to get right. This one seemed to bridge TWO different profiles for me, and YOU guys will have to decide if it works for you. It was a “half and half” pairing of a Cinnamon Bun, AND, a Honey Bun !!! Yes, that’s right, BOTH of them. Three testers in, I kept coming back to that original assessment. It wasn’t fully (IMO) a Cinnamon Bun, or a Honey Bun, but both. The “bun” portion was probably the BEST aspect of this flavor, as it really captured it. The cinnamon was present, but somewhat lighter overall, and in now way overbearing. The buttery, honey-ish portion was also quite good. Despite it not being either of the two, the pairing (again, IMO), left this one COMPLETELY ready to be push/pulled into whatever, or whichever you desired. The cinnamon was light enough that if you boosted the honey, and butter it could be pulled that direction, and vice versa by boosting the cinnamon towards the other direction. Sweetness was at about mid-level, and felt good for this type of flavor. Tasty ?? Yes. A full on Cinna Bun ?? No. I’ll have to rate it for it’s named profile, but don’t count this one out, as it’s bun, and honey buttery goodness was too good. As a pure cinna bun, I’ll have to rate it down to a 7.0/10, but this one might just be/become a great base/starter for some MORE buns.

Ultimate Coconut Milk (Flavor Jungle) 2%/4% (6-9-24) – On to the second Coconut in this series, with the Ultimate Coconut Milk. In the bottle this one smelled quite a bit creamier than the FJ Coconut, and SOME of that was revealed in testing it. My (still) current go to Coconut has to be hands down, Delosi’s Coconut, and I compare every other one, TO it. This one didn’t quite reach the epitome that the Delosi’s did, but it was still good. Fairly natural dry coconut, with some creamy elements thrown in. I tested at both 2%, and 4% with no real change between the two, except an increased dryness on the finish with the higher rate. Even at the lower 2%, it still had a somewhat overal dryness to it, which lingered past the finish. Not off-putting per se, but still very present. No oily-ness, or sun tan lotion notes, and it, like the OG Coconut, was fairly accurate, and natural tasting. Typically, I like my coconuts to be a little creamier, maybe a tad sweeter, and with little to no dryness. This one tasted very similar to FJ’s Coconut, but with some more creamy elements. Def. usable, and the dryness might be easily masked in mixes. No off-notes except for the dryness throughout. It felt pretty close to the OG Coconut, and scoring it close, at a 8.5/10.

Ultimate Sweet Strawberry (Flavor Jungle) 4% (6-11-24) – Yes, another Strawberry to compete in the already crowded field of Strawberries. Do you need it ?? Should you pick it up ?? Read on. It took 3 testers before I could finally figure out exactly what was going on with this flavor. in a word, it was good, AND, dare I say, somewhat unique. I could have given you guys the “One Tank” review, but wanted to drive a little deeper on this one. It seemed to straddle almost THREE different SB’s. I got a fresh, natural, tart SB, some candied SB, and some delicious SB jam on the finish. Yeah, hehe, it was actually all that. The natural, and candied were more present during the initial onrush, and from the middle on, it landed into the SB jam. A pretty interesting flavor, and how it shifted from beginning to end. The exact ratios of the three profiles I got were somewhat unclear, but roughly I’d say about 30% natural, 20% candied, and 50% jammed.

Why i felt this one is/was unique was that it DID straddle all three profiles, which would open up it’s uses quite a bit, as opposed to having to run for THIS SB, or THAT SB. The only thing I couldn’t tell while SFT’ing it, was how present the Jam notes would be in mixes, which COULD be an issue, IF you didn’t want any jammie jam notes… The jammy-ness was very good, and with just enough tart punch to really sell it. I tested at FJ’s upper recommended limit, and it was damned fine at 4%. Sweetness was about mid-level, and after three testers, I couldn’t find any nit-picks or complaints. All it, it was an interesting approach to a SB medley, with natural, candied, and jammed SB’s all in one. Our tastes are NOT all the same, but personally, I LOVE SB Jams, so no flavor could be TOO jammie for me, so please keep that in mind regarding my scoring. I decided to place it very high for originality, the three different profiles, and of course, the lovely jam elements. Leaving it very high at a 9.8/10.

13 Likes

Once again, I’m hoping for a cinnamon roll that I can vape. I’m eagerly awaiting your review.

5 Likes

Roger that @natbone, steeping now Sir.

4 Likes

Coconut (Flavor Jungle) 4% (6-2-24) – This one smelled very good in the bottle, and tasty pretty good when testing. What I liked most about it, was that it tasted pretty natural, and almost like a dry coconut flake, with NO suntan lotion, or greasy notes. It was a tad dry, which is why I described it as coconut flakes. The dryness wasn’t off-putting, but still very present. No coconut milk here, or very much creaminess, just a fairly natural, dry(er) coconut flake. At 4% it was very present, but not ceiling smashing. My personal preferences would to have a little coconut milk and/or creaminess to it, but that’s MY preference(s). I could see this one pairing very nicely with some other coconuts, for a more full bodied coconut. As it stood, with hardly any artificial notes, and no oil, grease, or suntan lotion, this one was pretty good. The dryness throughout, and on the finish would be the only off-notes. It felt solidly placed, at a 8.6/10.

11 Likes

Cookie Butter (Flavor Jungle) 1.5%/4% (6-3-24) – I’d heard this one was strong, so I tested it at both 1.5% and all the way up to 4%. My two main take aways were Speculoos Cookie, and Clove. In short it was like a spiced speculoos cookie with some lighter, creamier elements, but nothing stood out as an overt butter. Creamy-ish, yes, buttery, not really. The spice was fairly present, and while I didn’t pick up on any ginger, this would work great in any mix with gingerbread in it. When comparing the lower and higher mix levels, I got a little dry-ness at the lower (1.5%), that I didn’t get at the higher (4%). I was surprised it didn’t get stupid at the higher rate. Not muted, but it wasn’t a linear increase in strengh, maybe topped out at 2%. I didn’t 100% fall in love with it, as it wasn’t a pure Speculoos Cookie, and not truly "Buttery’. Very tasty, with solidly present spice levels, that left the solid perch of JUST a Spec Cookie, and added in some creamy smoothness. Sweetness was below mid-level, and no off-notes, BUT, use with caution or the spice could run over your mix. Tasty, accurate, and no complaints other than wondering if a straight Spec Cookie might win out over this one. Leaving it still high at a 8.0/10.

13 Likes

I love using this with WF cookie butter and Nomz biscuit (speculoos) at around.25-.50% This one is very strong to me. God bless you for trying this at 4%. You took one for the troops lol

10 Likes

Yes @Lynda_Marie, I think that would be much better, than solo’d.

6 Likes

Very strong indeed!

I use it in drops because it is so strong, pretty sure I made a dillution with some of it too for 30ml testers.

Haven’t used it for some time, will need to try it again with the flavors you mentioned.

6 Likes