Just a little mom-squee... ;)

I just got back from a three day adults-only weekend with the hubby and a friend and his girl. We have four kids, the oldest is 10, and this was the first time we’ve gotten away for more than one night since we’ve had kids. We were out boating for hours every day (my white thighs now look like lobsters), and every cup of coffee was half full of Bailey’s and followed by mimosas. :smiley: It was wonderful. Beautiful weather, wonderful company, no tv, no cell phone reception, and no children! The only downside is that I want to go back tomorrow.

That’s a crappy pic of us, but a beautiful shot of what I got to look at every day!

26 Likes

look at that background!!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

It was absolutely gorgeous.

6 Likes

I love being on the water , seems all the problems in my world just float away!

8 Likes

@VapeyMama Man that looks gorgeous!!! Reminds me of being down in Florida and also a bit like the Mississippi Gulf Coast! Goooooooood times!

Ain’t that the truth brother?! But then, I’m a water sign (Cancer) and you know how crabs loooooooove water! :smiley:

3 Likes

What a wonderful blessing. Gorgeous picture of memories made!

3 Likes

I am sorry that you had to endure that for three days… :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Yeah it was rough… We were in northern Minnesota and while I saw tons of loons (our state bird) I never saw a single mosquito (our unofficial state bird)! I really missed them… :wink:

4 Likes

Ya hey dere…I have family all over the Viking state, from St. Paul to Koochiching county[Int’l Falls]

3 Likes

Sounds like a great and long needed trip!

3 Likes

St Paulite here, dontcha know! But I just make fun of the Vikings. They make it too easy not to. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love the pic & the story glad you got some you & hubby time with friends it’s important.

2 Likes

What no good morning Bloody Mary’s???

1 Like

Lol! The Bailey’s and the champagne sufficed for breakfasts (although I do love a good bloody Mary)! I had to pace myself throughout the day, couldn’t start out with too much of the hard stuff. :wink: The hubby, on the other hand, started each morning off with a glass of bourbon! Good times!

1 Like

It truly looks like a beautiful place to escape the worries of life.

1 Like

Years ago I took my sprayer down and helped my then brother in law (now ex brother in law) stain the street side and all of the inside of his fence. The now ex went off with her sister to spend every cent I had to my name at the mall, him and I stayed and worked. about 30 minutes into it it was already getting hot (July in Bakersfield CA) so Andy went in to get us something cold. He came out a few minutes later with mai tai’s for us both. By the time the ex got home we had finished the fence, painted the backside of his storage shed and gone though almost a half gallon of rums and amaretto. I could barely walk. Like you said GOOD TIMES. LOL

4 Likes

I live in Minnesota. It has beautiful scenery depending on where you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like those cocktails were well deserved!! Good times indeed.

1 Like

Absolutely!! I love vacationing here a lot more than I love living here sometimes though… F-ing winter!

2 Likes

Yeah but I gotta admit that getting up and driving home the next day sucked. I was miserable. Headache of the century and a whining ex wife cause I got drunk, (bear in mind it had no affect on her shopping or enjoying her day) and two kids that thought it was funny to watch daddy’s eyes fall out of their sockets.

1 Like