Just a plug, to begin mixing by weight!

This format, “Brown Sugar (TPA)” is the most common on ELR Calculator. Using this format gives the max advantage of all the options on the site.

Yeah. That’s the format I’ve been using. It’s crazy all the duplicate flavors they have on ELR. I’ve seen as many as 5 of the same flavor from one manufacturer.
I wrote a suggestion to ELR a while back about this. Creating a separate space to enter or select a manufacturer that way the flavor name doesn’t get so garbled up and prevent all these duplicated flavors.
Would also help the what can I make feature pull up more recipes. If someone chose to do so and take a chance they could certainly try using marshmallow (fa) to take place of marshmallow (tfa).

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea. Things would be a lot more simple if every did it.

For sure :smile:. Would be nice to see all the flavor names cleaned up.
Would make adding flavors much easier. You could just look at (tfa) flavors when adding a (tfa) product. And not have 50 different manufacturers pop up.
They could put a new check box next to the eliminate single flavors box for co-mingle manufacturers to get more recipe suggestions if you choose to try a matching flavor from a manufacturer you don’t have yet with one you have. Chances are you would have most of the flavors in a recipe search like that because most of the flavor names are unique between manufacturers.

I’ve merged 24 different names into one flavor :slight_smile: I’m not even sure that’s my record :smiley:

I am going to fix the flavor name problems …eventually. It’s a daunting task. But it’s better than the sisyphean task of constantly merging duplicates (as I do now)…

4 Likes

It seems better lately. :smile:

By chance do you know of a list for FW flavors?

Ok, I feel like a noob! Question?

I’m now realizing I will have to add the weights to every flavor in every recipe. Big deal but doable over time. Here’s the real big deal though. I use mostly TFA and FW. Looking at the MSDS sheets of FW their weights are according to room temperature of 20 degrees C. and TFA is 22 degrees C. To make things even worst I blend in a room that probably averages 24 degrees C. That being said what do you guys that have been doing this for a while do about the differences in temperature including the temp you blend in?

Are you gonna tell me it’s close enough for government work?

1 Like

I’d say yes, unless your star sign is Gemini. If you are a Gemini, then eventually your head is going to explode thinking about the this issue, no matter what anybody says! ; )

1 Like

Agree with Jim. I don’t think the temp will make a whole heck of a lot of difference, especially since you mix in large volumes. There’s was a whole thread/discussion about people using the MSDS weights vs the 1g/ml for flavors. I think the conclusion was that it didn’t really matter that much. Guess it depends on how much it will bother you.

2 Likes

ROFL

Luckily I am not a Gemini, Sag here. I was hopeing it was like that. Converting it all is doable but what a B@tch! You don’t happen to have a list already made up with FW flavors and their weight. I have all the MSDS sheets. You know, the one’s they lied about, lol, but sure could use the time it will take to go through all of them for the weights for something else…

2 Likes

Technically getting out the calculator and converting 1.04 gr at 20 degrees c to 24 degrees c would be 1.25. Doesn’t sound like a whole lot but I have yet to weigh out these weights. Seeing is believing as they say. So many use 1 gram per ml? Do you do this?

1 Like

That’s right, those so and so’s! How can you trust ANYTHING they say! Might as well flush all your FW flavors down the toilet right now! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph! ; )

1 Like

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, someone might hear you. I’ll flush them right away, just keep it down…lol

1 Like

I do. I am sooooo a “B type” personality person. I do care about making a great tasting juice and having quality vape gear, but I don’t sweat a lot of life’s little details. I keep things 1g to 1ml when it comes to mixing. The ELR calculator takes care of most of the weight stuff for me, but I go with the flow of 1:1 for the rest.

1 Like

OK, I see. It makes much more sense now that the calculator, with flavors, is the same as the mls. I thought there was a little more work needed in the code. Apparently not! You hear that @daath

1 Like

Nope, I use whatever’s in the calculator. I’m guessing if it’s not in there, it’s set to 1g/ml though. The discussion was here.

3 Likes

Apparently I wasn’t looking close at that thread at the time. I am just now trying to gather equipment and bottles to switch over. Now I looking more seriously…

1 Like

This what I do too.

My juices are still turning out great.

The biggest difference for me is that I can knock out 4x100ml juices in the same time it would have taken me to measure and make 30ml using syringes.

Such a time saver.

CMJ

2 Likes

Point is, if you leave the weights alone, you’re gonna be able to use other people’s recipes, and other people are going to be able to mix yours with similar results :slight_smile: This would also be the case, if we decided that 1 ml = 2.24 g - the key is consistency :smile:

4 Likes