Just a Ramble

@SquirrelSmash What do you do for a living again brother?! Just curious.

2 Likes

During Covid I’ve mostly been working on syllabus design and proofreading, though I’m hoping to actually doing to some face-to-face teaching and lecturing again.

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking you did… Was just wondering bro. :metal::metal:

2 Likes

Oh, I sprawl across so many odd and unrelated areas, it even confuses myself.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this would work for the condition of the slides but on my phone I use the free with ads version of “Photoshop Express” for Android. I’m guessing it only covers a small fraction of the real “Photoshop” program but it has a automatic correction feature that I have not been able to beat. The icon for auto correct is a magic wand. Load photo, press the magic wand, save photo.

I’m not a photo guy but I’m guessing there is only so much you can do for a damaged slide or photo.

My father had almost all of our childhood photos on slides only. I was preparing to scan them to digital, bought a Canon scanner with slide attachment. I’m pretty slow about things. Before I was able to retrieve the slides from my Mother’s house, my Sister took them along with the slide projector. She projected them on the wall and took a picture of each one with her phone as her and the girls enjoyed watching the slide show and talking about the families past. The next family gathering at her place and she displayed a digital show of the photos she took. We were all surprised how nice they came out. Better than viewing the originals via slide projector and it was very little effort on her part. It was a very nice family gathering. I overcomplicate almost everything, my Sister get right to the point and has good results.

7 Likes

My father sent them out to some service to have them scanned. He had considered doing things your way, but I think that would have been too technical for him. He’s got making calls/playing Solitaire figured out on his phone. I’ve offered to teach him how to text, but he just looked at me funny - like why would he need to know how to do that? LOL

I think I know what you’re talking about with the “magic wand.” Google Photos has a basic version of that, but the overexposed/red pics couldn’t be helped by that.

I’ll get around to them…eventually. (maybe the photo fairy will do them, right after the laundry and dusting fairies have finished). :wink:

4 Likes

My wife has bought so many books on how to be organized over the last 15 years that she had to buy a book on how to organize her organizational books…and she’s yet to do so. ADHD is not a pretty thing.

8 Likes

I understand what you…oh look, a pretty light!

5 Likes

Nailed it…! :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh YES @natbone, I KNOW that song…

2 Likes

My brother from another mother!

4 Likes