Just about to start on my mixing journey

Haven’t tried the quads, like the duals, same with the freemax, picked up the triples only because local shop was out of duals, I chain vape and like lots of sweetener so at higher Watt get burnt taste not so much dry hits.

4 Likes

There are 2 or 3 issues I have about the Crown 4 but it’s not about the quality of the vape. It vapes fine when everything is working right.

My biggest issue with it is some problem with the design which actually makes it quite dangerous to vape.

I currently have 3 other types of sub ohm tank - the Mesh Pro, the Falcon 2 and also the Smok TFV12 Prince. On each of those the intake holes in the housing around the tank are made low enough you can vape them until the tank looks virtually empty and yet it will still have enough e-liquid to keep the wick sufficiently soaked. On the Crown 4 there is a ‘MIN’ line and if the level gets too low it can dry out all of a sudden and then when you put it in your mouth and take a puff it burns out the coil and feels like it’s almost sending naked flames into your mouth. It first happened on the first day I bought it a few months back after only about 3 or 4 hours vaping. I changed the coil but didn’t use it again because I had also bought my first Mesh Pro at the same time and I liked the Pro so much I didn’t bother with the Crown 4 again. That was until a couple of days back when I started mixing and needed all my tanks going to test flavours. I have my Crown 4 right next to me and it still looks like the liquid level is well above the line and there is still plenty of liquid covering the exposed cotton around the coil. It has a stainless steel SS904L 0.4Ω coil and I was vaping it at 60W. Yet again it happened even though it still looks like there is plenty of liquid in it.

I am not talking about a ‘dry hit’. This is something completely different.

It literally felt as if I was in danger of getting severely burned by flames inside my mouth. As it happens I think the burning was contained within the coil but it’s pretty worrying all the same.

I really don’t understand how that can happen but I’m certainly never going to use it ever again. Complete waste of the money I spent on it.

I should mention that, as I am in the UK, mine was a 2ml TPD version. It didn’t actually hold 2ml but at the time I bought it I also bought an expansion glass which was supposed to make it into a 5ml tank. However, it still only seemed to hold half that amount with the new glass fitted. Knowing that I would need to constantly keep topping it up to prevent the coil burning out just made it useless as a tank as well as dangerous.

My other tanks are all doing a great job during my current flavour testing so I won’t be buying another Uwell tank any time soon.

4 Likes

I’m also in UK i never buy my tanks from uk vendors my vaporesso polar came standard with a 6.5ml tank yeah it did take 3 weeks to get here but worth the wait 2ml tanks are a waste of time constantly refilling they go though Customs just fine

4 Likes

Yeah next time I’ll ask around on the forums and buy the non-TPD tanks.

It wasn’t really a problem with the Mesh Pro. I bought their 6ml fishbowl expansion glass which worked out absolutely brilliant. I’m hoping they will do the same next time when they upgrade their tank. If they then incorporate a similar drip recyling system like the Falcon 2 and Crown 4 have and also make the top fill less likely to come open accidentally I think the Mesh Pro would be almost perfect.

4 Likes

I went through a dozen tanks and stuck with the tobeco supertank which is old school but it gives me the flavor I want and that’s what matters in the end for me. I tried the tobeco RTA and either I had a user error (completely possible) or a faulty deck. Tried three different sets of coils and none of them would show up on the ohms reader, so another toss away. Just ordered Bombus RTA and hope that one works. The Smok TFV12 I was burning through coils in two days (chain vaper who likes sweeter juices that wreck coils here)

4 Likes

I’m not really such a heavy vaper as some. On my Mesh Pro with a triple coil I’m going through about 8 or 9 ml of juice a day. Like you I love sweeter juices but I haven’t really got the patience for an RTA. Now that I’ve discovered sub ohming I’m getting brilliant flavour and I just have to fit a new ready made coil every few weeks. Having never tried an RTA I can’t compare the flavour and performance but I’m really happy with the amount of flavour and cloud production I get from the Mesh Pro and for me it’s just a much more simple and easy to maintain setup and probably has a lot less that can go wrong compared to trying to wrap my own coils and rebuilding a deck.

5 Likes

With this tank i get over 5000 puffs before i need to change the coil

4 Likes

Wow I like that you aren’t having to change that coil every week! The only mesh I ever tried was an rda and it hit too hard for me with that open airy pull that doesn’t work for me :slight_smile: :smile:

5 Likes

I think I chain vape too much LOL I did love the flavor I got from those smok coils just not having to change them every few days.

5 Likes

I do 30mls of juice a day 70vg 30pg 3mg nic

5 Likes

I’m gonna go back to the double mesh coil rather than the triple because the flavour is still excellent but the doubles seemed to last much longer. I’m vaping a mint choc chip flavour atm which is very thick and sweet so obviously it’s going to go through coils a lot faster.

5 Likes

I’m currently using the smok A1 single mrsh coil last two - three weeks

4 Likes

I’m no expert on all the Smok tanks but that looks a lot like the TFV12 Prince that is one I’m using right now during my recipe flavour tests.

4 Likes

Did you mix that your self

5 Likes

No that this one. It’s a ready made shortfill I bought from Rejuiced. I’m now seeing if I can make my own DIY version because it’s so gorgeous.

4 Likes

Yeah kind of its the TFV- mini V2 Tank running the mini V2 A1 single mesh coil at 0.17

4 Likes

I would too, but that’s why I cut way back on my power long ago. Not from a monetary standpoint either… It’s because I’m lazy and vaping at lower power allows me more time between build changes, cell charges, mix sessions, etc. I’m 10 a day or less anymore. Pretty much one squonk bottle fill per day (10ml Topside Dual). It’s also because I have to do all the wife’s vape maintenance too, so less is definitely more to me!

6 Likes

I bet there is only 4 flavours in that but the question is which ones

4 Likes

Yeah i go though 3 - 4 set of cells a day and at 120W

5 Likes

If I’m using my wasp nano then i vape at
50w-60w

4 Likes