Just about to start on my mixing journey

Thanks for the suggestion.

To be honest I’m very happy with the sub ohm tanks I have. I’ve just bought a new Horizontech Falcon 2 and I already have 2 Freemax Mesh Pro’s. They all give excellent flavour and huge cloud production so I’m really happy with them and all I need to do is fit a new £3 coil every few weeks.

3 Likes

the falcon and freemax are the best sub ohm tanks out there. Based on all reviews I read/watched, at least.

4 Likes

If you’re going to create recipes, do flavor testing etc, you’re going to need a few coils per day. Ideally, you’ll want to use a new wick for every flavor that you test to avoid one flavor blending into another. That’s the only reason I suggested it. I won’t argue with you that those tanks of yours have great flavor or cloud production.

3 Likes

Yes you are right about needing to avoid different flavours blending into each other.

The way I’m trying to get around that problem is by trying to refresh the coil after each tester by putting a little base mix on its own into the tank between each test and vaping it through until the flavour disappears enough to go again. I also have 4 tanks on the go and just keep swapping them around.

3 Likes

Like I said, it’s just a suggestion based on experience. Most people on this forum (with a few exceptions) will use rebuildables for testing while most of them would have started with regular commercial tanks / coils too.
Suggestions here are just a way to offer a different point of view that could possibly make your life a little easier, cheaper, more efficient, … but it’s your choice and there’s no right or wrong.

5 Likes

I don’t want to sound like I’m criticising your idea because I can see that it definitely would be the right thing for anyone intending to make lots of recipes.

For me though I’m just making for myself and looking to get two really stunning recipes.

I run two identical rigs with a different flavour in each which I just like to alternate between.

I’ve already found one with the Lava Flow recipe I’m now using so I’m just looking to create a good recipe to replicate the Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream flavour I buy from Rejuiced then I’ll be happy just sticking with those two.

4 Likes

I still haven’t found my adv… and I have 11 yrs in…
guess you are one of the lucky ones :wink: Have fun!

6 Likes

I haven’t found mine. Ilove “trying to make a good juice” i get so much pleasure in doing so the fun the frustration till i can tweak recipes that’s what i enjoy

5 Likes

Well not everybody’s the same way, I get that. I do like variation too but a friend that I mix for is happy with 1 juice and 1 juice only. He’ll try a few of my concoctions and he can appreciate some but he’ll never fill a tank with it, only his ADV.

5 Likes

it’s just weird… I know…
I find ones I love… but the next hour… its like > squirrel!! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’d get fed up if I only vaped one flavour.

I’m on my own here though so I don’t like to buy too much stuff that I don’t need.

I started running two rigs in case anything breaks on one of them so I’d have the other to get me through while I’m waiting for replacements to come through the post.

I like to stick to two flavours and alternate them so I don’t get bored with either of them but at the same time it keeps everything very easy so I don’t have to spend too much time messing around and can focus on other things.

5 Likes

@MarylinC… if you find something that works, and you are happy… keep it that way.

I only say you are lucky, because I know how long I have been mixing (I will hit 11 yrs, and I do mix for others, as well as work in a lab) … and the fact I can never settle on anything at all. I do stick to one flavor company as I do love their flavors… so it makes it easier on me, not having to go site hopping and spend shipping money all whilly nilly… like I said… if it works for you, that is great!! :slight_smile: Im just what most will call… in too deep. :wink:

I do have other hobbies and things I need and want to do too, so I understand where you are coming from. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s it. I have two Wismec Reuleaux 2/3 mods and I’ve been using two Freemax Mesh Pro sub ohm tanks. The flavour and cloud production I get on them is absolutely awesome and I’m chuffin’ away like a steam train. I’ve also just bought a new Horizon Falcon 2 which is also performing brilliantly.

Once I’ve perfected both my recipes I’m all sorted and only need to keep mixing enough liquid as necessary and fitting a new coil every few weeks.

Like you say, if you have something that works stick with it or, as I like to say, “Don’t Fix Wot Ain’t Broke”.

5 Likes

You are going to be just fine… :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed, I would also add the Uwell Valyrian 2 to that list, and it has self-cleaning coils which I am very impressed with!

2 Likes

How does that work? Like a self-cleaning oven?

2 Likes

I’ve never had the Uwell Valyrian 2 so I can’t comment on that one but I’ve got one of their Crown 4 tanks. That, and the new Falcon 2 have got something about the design of the base which recycles the drips of surplus juice from the coil that accumulates in the base and recycles them back through the coil. That prevents surplus juice from building up in the bottom and spilling out through the air holes which has been a problem with many sub ohm tanks previously.

I suspect that’s what Rocky is referring to rather than something that cleans the actual coil itself.

Personally, I hated the Crown 4 and wouldn’t buy another tank from them any time soon.

5 Likes

The uwell tanks need a far bit of wattage to hit their sweet spot it will also depend on which coil you had in them. The Valyrian v1 and V2 will not hit their straps unless you are over 90w the crown 4 is about 65 w minimum IMHO. They are a great tank but obviously not for everyone

4 Likes

I haven’t got the crown 4, but I really like the the Valyrian 2, although probably not as much as the FreeMax mesh pro (have 4 of them) but the Valyrian coils seem to last even longer!

I find my sweet spot on the V2 at 65W on the double mesh and 75w on the triple, I think the triple is recommended at 90-100 but I never go by that.

3 Likes

Ya a lot will depend on the coils I have run the Valyrian v2 quad coils up to 160w with no dry hits (it is summer here tho). I will depend a lot on the weather and the coils.

3 Likes