Just complaining

I will take a screen shot of the site next time I see someone doing what I am talking about

Ok
Truly sorry Robert
I took it wrong

Take it back on the screen shot
They can do what they want
It is just obvious that a user post 10 in a row recipes that are already on the site and no comments what they have done

Ok
Last point
Look at page 3 of recipes
A guy post sucker punch
Same recipie as public
That has been on here for years
Like it is new
It defaults to private when you adapt he had to take it off to make public just taking up space

1 Like

One might even think that his recipe posting does not ā€œcontribute to the community in a positive wayā€ā€¦

Other than PG/VG ratio and nic strength, itā€™s an exact dupe of the most popular (sorted by rating) result for ā€œsucker punchā€. Dupes are lame. Should have been left private. I donā€™t disagree. Maybe he had a reason for doing it - helping someone whoā€™s learning to mix and doing the adaptation for them. No idea. It doesnā€™t really bug me much, thereā€™s already 1000s more recipes than Iā€™ll ever look at if I donā€™t do some sorting and filtering.

Maybe someone should let him know itā€™s bothering them.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œMachinist2, post:22, topic:63228ā€]Truly sorry Robert I took it wrong
[/quote]

No apologies necessary! I can see how it may have been inferred. Never let it be said Iā€™ve got the English language mastered!! :slight_smile:

I would be one of those people. At the same time the calculator is a wonderful tool - one that I appreciate having. This issue has been brought up ad nauseam and while I agree with how itā€™s a frustrating issue, at the same time I think what a lot of us are asking for is some kind of purity here. Honor and integrity are not common things among the masses, and no amount of rules will ever change that. So yeah, someone duping recipes, ripping off others, all the lame ass downgrading and stuff, itā€™s a royal pain. But I think after a person has been using it a while they are able to sift through the nonsense easy enough. At least thatā€™s how I see it. What Iā€™m saying is that personally Iā€™ve learned to ignore these trifling thingsā€¦they donā€™t distract me or take away from the siteā€™s value or usefulness. And honestly these kinds of things are to be expected over time as more people join. Statistically I would say weā€™re all pretty lucky itā€™s no worse than it is.

1 Like

Maybe it should have something in place that wonā€™t allow you to post a recipe public if it matches exactly the same flavours as another recipe that is already public.

If you want it to go public then it goes in a moderation queue first for an admin to review.

2 Likes

Itā€™s so easy to make private.
All mine so far are adapted but all private.
Why inflict my adaptions up on anyone else? lol

1 Like

If itā€™s an adaptation that uses different flavorings and I had to change the %s to make it work, then I share it so that others who have those same ā€œwrongā€ flavorings donā€™t have to do the same legwork.

2 Likes

AMENā€¦

No religion here please

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They are already busy enoughā€¦

AMENā€¦

AMEN is an anagram for MEAN

Every time my DOG walks backwards, I think ā€œGODā€.

3 Likes

Dog is my co-pilot.

2 Likes

Speaking of dogsā€¦

Last night i decided to put my second Boreas to use. I had wound my coils and laid out some items such as tools, cotton, juice. Then I went to the kitchen to wash the new tank. When I returned, my dog had the 2 fingers worth of cotton bacon down in the floor chewing on it. Bastard! That was half of what I had left in that pack but do you think he cared? Hell no. Just gave me that goofy look he knows I canā€™t stay mad at.

5 Likes

Thank God for dogs, eh?

1 Like

Speaking of dogs

Had my new avacado 24 out 2 days ago
Checking on which drip tips I like
Took the wide bore set on coffee table
This varmit picked it up in 2 seconds
I told him to drop it and he looked straight at me and swallowed
Oh well he better be glad I love him and is great with the grand baby

7 Likes
4 Likes