Just Curious... Mixing Mistake

Ok my friends … I just mixed this recipe up rxactly how its listed… My mistake was that I used 100mgml nic with PG base NOT VG . What I am wondering is what is my actual VG / PG ratio since i mixed this the way it reads…

2 Likes

Just shooting from the hip here…
Notice your recipe says you have 67% vg (and if your nic was vg and 3% it would have equaled the 70% pg/vg ratio you wanted)… I would just say off hand you have a 67% vg/ 33% pg ratio… more or less

6 Likes

Ty i didnt think it would be too far off… The last time I made a batch of this I used the lastbof my VG based NIc and 4got to change it smdh …

Way to use common sense btw … I thought it was going to be some math equation I did not know lol

3 Likes

Mine appears as i would mix it myself so…but ya could just run it thru the calc again incorrectly

3 Likes

thinking only way to see others pg/vg % is to log out of the mixing side, not sure but dont see any preference options there. We have been warned by the powers that be that a time is coming that we will no longer see anything but flavor %s :laughing:

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes I tried using VG NIC back when I first started mixing, but the thickness and always shake, shake,shaking turned me off. How has it worked out for you ?

4 Likes

I use 100% VG nic as well but it wouldn’t make much of a difference to switch to PG for me. I started making my own nic boosters for ease of use and I’m very happy to continue this way. The only times I still mix with straight nic base is for testers that don’t use a full 30ml bottle.

I sometimes buy a commercial bottle 0 nic juice, which leaves e.g. 10ml in a 60ml bottle for a nic booster (or 20ml in a 120ml bottle). Just add this booster and it’ll be my usual 5mg end result.
It also helps with juices that I steep without nic and it’s pre-made in the right 70% VG ratio to not mess up the final result. Whether I change to PG or keep my VG based nic, it really isn’t going to make much of a difference, just the recipe for the boosters will change a little bit.
The 0 nic recipes that I make for steeping, I just boost flavor by 20% (since I’ll add 20% of volume after steep) and when it’s ready to vape, add the booster (just top up the bottle, no scales or anything required), shake well and off you go.

If you mix for different people, it’s easy to make different strength boosters as well, just make sure that your booster is 6 times the strength of the desired result.

5 Likes

It was the last of what I had and ill never use it again … Lol

3 Likes

I’m very curious about this. I have lots of 500ml bottles that are pre-mixed. No Nic added. But I am wondering why you boost the flavor? I am certainly not judging or splitting hairs, I am genuinely interested in this. As I use a similar method.

3 Likes

So my recipe is for let’s say 60ml but I only mix 50ml, let it steep, and add 10ml nicotine booster.
My recipe (i.e. total flavor volume) has to accomodate for 50ml+20%=60ml of total e-liquid, not the 50ml that I mix.

If I wouldn’t do that, the end result will just be watered down / diluted by the nic booster. So to prevent that, I’ll add the necessary flavor from the start to compensate for the increase in volume after the steep.

I just do this for the recipes I know, anything I test is mixed up a normal way. Then I’ll boost flavor by 20% if I switch to this mixing method.

4 Likes

I would hate to see the nic percentages go away. I’ve been mixing for a couple of years so I could get by without them but it would make it a little more challenging for new mixers. Hmm, or are they just talking about when looking at other people’s recipes?

2 Likes

Are you not seeing this when you open someone else’s recipe? Or, am i confused and not following what you’re talking about?

4 Likes