Just finished my first DIY batch and I'm hooked!

I just finished mixing enyawrerlaw’s honeydew milk tea (Dewwy Boba clone), and I think it came out great! I was nervous at first (same way I felt making my first batch of homebrew beer), but I just jumped in and started. I stuck to the recipe and subbed CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, for the TFA Whipped Cream, and it worked great. I made a 60ml batch using a scale, 70/30 @3%. After mixing it with a frother, sampled it in my Recoil RDA with twin fused claptons at .21 ohms, tastes pretty much spot-on. There’s a “brightness” that I can only attribute to needing it to steep, but I filled a 10ml bottle to vape anyway.
Anyway, it was quick and easy, and I’m hooked. DIY is definitely the way to go!
I look forward to learning and mixing and sharing here!

Pete

17 Likes

That was one of the first ones I tried to do as well and it turned out well… but man that melon flavour likes to hang around… welcome to DIY I agree its certainly the way to go.

1 Like

I am really glad to hear your first venture into diy liquid turned out well. Many aren’t so lucky :frowning:
This is definitely the place to be to learn, for sure. If you need any help, the plethora of knowledge(elr) is at your fingertips. If you need anything, just ask.

2 Likes

Welcome to the sickness of DIY. Fun for sure.

5 Likes

Well you’ve got a vape Angel because my first batch was disgusting!

Bravo JSV!

4 Likes

No kidding. My first batch tasted like a sock. Probably because I used 20% of some random strawberry flavor… Oops!

4 Likes

Doh! I should revise my original statement a tiny bit. I had a false start because I had the flavors in, then added PG at the VG amount. Nothing could be done there, down the drain it went and I just pretend it didn’t happen :blush:

4 Likes

@JustSomeVaper, congrats Pete on ur first mix. Welcome to the fun of “diy’ing” (this phrase is so wiered)
Next comes learning how to steep. And the patience needed not to vape your mix before it’s actually ready :slight_smile: that’s where I am now.
Just found a new trick - instead of a hot bath, I put the bottle I just mixed opposite my laptop fan, and shake every few mins. Geeky method.
I love honeydew, I’ll check that recipe. If you know others, pls share,
Happy mixing, TVS

1 Like

@JustSomeVaper take it slow and stick with some high rated recipes. We read many sad stories from discouraged beginners who are ready to quit DIY because of a string of failed mixes. …meanwhile Congrats on your successful one! I know it’s very exciting. Sounds like you’re well on your way to paying for all the supplies :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, yes I am :grin:

3 Likes

congrats on the first success. It only gets more addictive from here.

1 Like