Just ordered PG base Nic did I screw up?

I have been using only VG based nic but yesterday I ordered 1000 ml
of PG based nic this time because I’m thinking it would be easier to properly shake it thoroughly since I put my nic in amber 30 ml bottles and refrigerate them and when I shake them I don’t think I am mixing them good enough any thoughts ?
:worried:

2 Likes

I only buy PG nic, easier to use, stores longer and its easier to use. Did i mention it is easier to use? Hehe

Seriously, i would only buy VG based if someone was extremely sensitive to PG.

7 Likes

7 Likes

is it easy to use (lol) JK
As far as I know I have no problem with PG I usually mix 30 PG / 70 VG and I’m fine with it.
Thanks Ken!

3 Likes

Nic in pg is all I’ve used for almost 2 years. You can still get a hot spot (did It once), but it’s much easier to shake before mixing.

5 Likes

Thanks Chris

2 Likes

Yup I’m with these guys on that. I have exclusively used VG based nic for the last two years and it is a PITA to shake and mix it well. I am finally getting down to my last 500 ml of nic and my next nic order will be PG based just for the ease of use.

3 Likes

I accidentally ordered 500ml of vg nic, wow what a pain in the ass!

5 Likes

I use a 50/50 Nic base. I bought it that way so that I could get closer to max VG while still being able to blend the Nic easier. I have recently change all of my recipes to a 70vg/30pg ratio so PG Nic would be fine but I still have about 250ml of Nic left. At 50/50 it is pretty easy to shake.

3 Likes

what ken said

2 Likes

I never thought about it until someone on a Dutch forum mentioned how PG works so much better straight from the freezer. I was about to hit “send” for a monster bunker base order somewhere half may, a few days before the TPD would force us to buy the equivalent of a litre of 100mg/ml in 10.000 separate dropper bottles (having to do with max concentration regulations). Coming to think of it I still owe this dude a beer or two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m fairly new to mixing so I’ve never tried the VG base nic. I ordered 240ml of 100mg PG based on what I’ve read here in ELR. It mixes easier and is a better flavor carrier. If you are after cloudage vs flavor, I’m not sure if a PG base would effect that much. I enjoy blowing big clouds but I prefer more flavor.

2 Likes

I’ve only ever used pg based.

1 Like

well i don’t find something really wrong with it… depends on VG/PG ratio you’re mixing and the strength of nic you ordered…

for example… i mix only 70/30 and 80/20 Vg/Pg juices… i don’t even remember when was the last time i mixed something lower in terms of VG…

though mixing with so high vg and flavors like 15-20% could make my VG/PG ratio kinda different as i said depending on the strenth of nic and how much i need to make my juice… that’s all… this is the reason i buy my nic only in VG… otherwise i don’t find a problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best thing about pg based nic besides being easier to mix AND suck up into a syringe is pg will last alot longer if you store it in glass containers. Or if you freeze it like I did for the FDA ban. Also pg doesnt attract pathogens as much as VG…

1 Like

Darker glass is best…keep it out of sunlight and away from heat…The majority of flavors also use PG as a carrier…

1 Like

Truth is, you screwed up. and you are going to hell for it. j/k

4 Likes

I screwed up and I just have to live with my mistake! got it lol!

2 Likes