Juul donating to anti-vape politicians?

https://vapenw.com/blogs/news/juul-donated-to-anti-vape-politicians

The vape giant Juul recently donated to political organizations that have close relationships with both New Jersey state Senate President Stephen Sweeney and Governor Phil Murphy. The donations from Juul Labs came even after Stephen Sweeney proposed a ban on all vaping products and pushed a bill that would severely restrict their sales in New Jersey. Juul donated $7,500 to General Majority, a super PAC linked to Sweeney. The donation was dated only two weeks after the Senate and Assembly passed bill NJ A5922, which was supported by Sweeney. NJ A5922 would ban the sale of any vape products with more than 2% nicotine. This bill would have ultimately banned Juul’s products from being sold in any stores in New Jersey. However, Governor Murphy vetoed the bill only a few days later.

2 Likes

Someone is playing both sides of the fence, me thinks. Hmmm… isn’t that what BT did back in the 70s? Worked out alright for them- just had to pay for the convenience of killing their customers

6 Likes

Pay to play, or more insidious I wonder …

7 Likes

Wait and see… Remove ejuice from conventional sellers only sell pre filled pods form cigarette company’s
Oh FYI look into juul Philip Morris big tobacco company bought shares or owns jull
Basically will turn Vaping into the same thing as buying cigarettes go in pay for your pods every few days
DIY scene will be dead depending on TPD rules on refilling vapes

5 Likes

Then when all that’s left is juul they bring back flavours

4 Likes

DIY cant die…they would literally have to remove all the PG,VG & flavors off the market then. Many other industries uses all 3 so its almost impossible to do that. Now I can see they might be able to do it with liquid nic thou so that is why many of us bought a bunch about a year ago when there was talk about the govt taxing the hell out of it.

4 Likes

Just removing liquid nic would do it
It would remove the reason to vape and for many and to start in the future
As a way to stop smoking
Europe TPD means you can’t sell liquid nicotine in a higher strength then 22mg and you can’t sell.
It in anything bigger then 10ml bottles
So ireland ( where I’m From) has a pretty piss poor diy scene because of restrictions…
While England just next door has not got such strict TPD and its diy scene is monumentally larger

What got me into vaping for my situation is a tobacco replacement product
Remove that and new vapers ( the number that switch from combustible tobacco) will fall steeply

You can mix vg&pg all you want but if you’re looking for nicotine you will have limited options
Smoke or cold turkey (eg. Quit)

This my my opinion tell me how I’m wrong

4 Likes

Big tobacco basically owns Juul now so it stands to reason to continue their anti vaping antics till they’ve killed off all their smaller competition. This way they will have cornered the market.

4 Likes

You see what I mean :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Philip Morris ( one of the biggest tobacco /cigarettes manufacturers) not to mention their are discusting as a company not just for selling tobacco but their vulture business practices
John Oliver says it all… Link here

If they bought juul then trust me it will be the spearhead of big tobacco to regulate ( control) the shit out of Vaping…
Laws will be introduced to stop or limit the ability to make ejuice or possibly remove ejuice…
And have cartridges only regulate the amount of liquid
( its a possibility as goverments get to do the taxation they have done to cigarettes here in Ireland 1pack “20 cigarettes” is 14.00 euros that’s 15.00+ usd half of witch is pure tax
We pay almost 100% tax on a pack of cigarettes )

Government’s will do this for the money they will make

4 Likes

If you look at this site you will see how much Tax there really is on one pack of smokes.

2 Likes

If cigarettes are 14.00 euro + and the tax is 7.57
Means cigarettes cost 6. 43 meaning its over 100% tax @Norseman
Tax, stamp duty and import taxes
Are all added

2 Likes

The total tax and Vat in Ireland is actually €9.70 according to the site i linked to.

2 Likes

Yeah duduct that fom the price you pay witch is between 14 & 15.50
Whats your answer for the price of cigarettes @Norseman

2 Likes

The funny thing is if you smoke 2 packs a day you pay more in tax then you would pay for the most expensive private health insurance.
So the fiction that smokers drain the medical services is funny as if they was no tax.
You could pay for private health insurance and not have to worry about medical debt or bills
As a result of smoking illness

2 Likes

Honestly i don’t care much about tobacco and what a pack of smoke cost these days. No matter if people mean it is to expensive already the taxation will increase and so will the total price for the customers.

2 Likes

I agree but what I was pointing out is smokers pay for their state insurance with the amount of tax they pay per pack of smokes
A

It’s also a road map on how taxs and lobbying can be applied to the vape and ejuice in the future
Where you could end up paying more in tax then the item you buy

I was also clarifying that smokers are one of the highest taxed people. 2 packs of smokes 9.70 x2 =19.30 gonna round it to even 20.00 per day €140 per week
€520 per month €6, 240 per year in tax

2 Likes

And then add the tax from alcohol if you drink

And of course you tax from your income

2 Likes