Kanger Subtank Mini

You guys probably won’t believe this, but I’m still using a Kanger Subtank Mini from 2014!

Authentics are hard to find, and thinking of getting a new tank with similar vaping qualities. Nothing extravagant, just something that’s easy to wick and coil, and ranging in size from 22mm-24mm, and with liquid capacities from 3 ml-4mls.

Toptank Minis are getting scarce too.

Any recommendations?

8 Likes

Hahaha I’m still using mine too, I have used it everyday since i got it.

7 Likes

Same here :rofl: :joy: :laughing:

The Dvarw FL is a good successor

https://www.fasttech.com/products/9729128

6 Likes

The date: October 19, 2023. Come November 14, I will be 9-years tobacco free, and it’s all thanks to vaping. The Kanger Subtank Mini has a lot to do with that as well. Would you guys believe that I’m still using it?

There are hundreds of other atomizers out there, and I’ve bought and used at least a dozen of them. They’re all pretty good, but none of them really fit my vaping style like the Subtank Mini.

Does anyone know of any other tank that’s comparable? As you all know, it’s out of production and it’s getting harder to find legit, non-clone versions from well known suppliers. Even spare parts are becoming more difficult to find.

I was thinking of the Innokin Ares 2. I’ve even found a reputable source for the original Uwell Crown, since I have the RBA’s laying around in my vape drawer.

4 Likes

So what kind of spare parts are you looking for? I have a bunch of bases, non-authentic, and acrylic bell caps some where and a couple dozen spare orings.

I loved that little tank and the coils were easily rewicked or replaced.

5 Likes

I could only find two but i found them, lol. And a bunch of o-rings.

I dont need them and im pretty sure i can find more if you want them.

11 Likes

Oh wow, I don’t remember bell caps for the Subtank Mini. That’s pretty cool.

4 Likes

Mind sharing? I dragged out my OG Crown not too long ago to build a chimney coil on the RBA.

4 Likes

Excellent RTA for flavor and easy to build. I just got a little tired of snapping that little cap on the top of the deck… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They were but they were also a but tricky to fully fill. They looked great tho, hehe.

PS, Fasttech was the only place i ever saw them. :frowning:

3 Likes

Btw @Ken_O_Where I like the new drop down menu for the forum. Makes more sense, easier.

2 Likes

I just had a look on YouTube for a chimney coil build tutorial and came across this nine year old video of RIP Trippers when he was just a normal guy and before he became over-animated like something from Looney Tunes. He talks about some real old style tips like boiling his cotton etc and he does two different build tutorials on the Kayfun Lite, one of which is a chimney coil and compares the two. His tutorial was excellent with none of this speeding the video up or crazy loud music like they do today and it was very easy to follow while he goes into great detail about what he is doing. I wish more reviewers would go back to the old ways of doing these tutorials.

7 Likes

The airflow bases and extra screws. I have numerous glass tank sections and gaskets.

Or maybe it just might be easier to move on to something else?

1 Like

The air flow bases would be cool! I already have a ton of replacement glass tank sections and seals/gaskets, but you never know, right? LOL

Some of those replacement screws would help as well.

You can DM with the details. I appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Hehe, good find @Lucas_James_Holden.

3 Likes

Thanks for the vid, Lucas. I learned how to wrap my first coil from Rip, like you say, back in the day when he was just a normal guy. He had great close-ups, got to the point and didn’t waste your time. I remember watching tutorials by people who were sitting at their desk with the camera several feet away and saying, this is how you do it. Dummkopfs!:crazy_face:

5 Likes

I kept waiting for Rip to straighten the coil. I guess with that tank the coil has to be at an angle

5 Likes

Nah, not really. I’ve used it with the coil straightened out. No difference. Just as long as your wick tails are positioned properly. People have used various wicking methods on these KF and KF-like tanks.

5 Likes

I still use my Kanger Subtank Mini as my primary tank and have for the past 8 years (been smoke free for 10 years). Liked it so much I stocked up on tanks and coils. I think I am on my 4th tank (lost a couple over the years and tossed one that wouldn’t stop leaking no matter what I replaced on it). I just got another 25 coils from Element vape. What can I say, I am a simple man with simple needs who sticks with what works for me. At some point I will be looking for another tank, but it may be a while.

6 Likes

It has screws? I cant remember the tank that well, ive had so so many!

3 Likes