Kayfun 5 airflow/liquid control locked?

Hi - I’ve had the Kayfun 5 for a few weeks and it’s great but I’ve already had two issues with it. A couple of weeks ago it was stuck on my mod which was due to the 510 pin being loose. It was quite an ordeal to finally get it unstuck but a google search helped solve it (masking tape and pliers).

I haven’t been so lucky in finding a solution to my current issue though (it appears everyone else in the world who has a K5 has absolutely no issues at all!). I can’t open the airflow or liquid control at all. The airflow ring won’t lift or rotate. I can’t open juice control either (which is the main problem - it’s now completely closed and unvapable). I tried loosening the 510 and on one try I was able to lift and rotate the airflow but as soon as I screwed in the 510 again it was locked. I even removed the bottom base but that did nothing.

Has anyone come across this? Very frustrating!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your problems but you Have to lube the 2 o’rings on the deck very well every time you clean it . I use 100% VG not any sticky e liquid that your vaping

1 Like

To be able to lift the afc ring you must have the juice flow open a minimum of two turns before the afc ring will lift to the correct hight to be able to turn it. I found that out quite early. As for the juice control i find it hepls greatly if you put a bit of juice in the two o rings that show on the build deck before you fix the deck back in place. Give that a try and get back so we can help you with this problem.

1 Like

Thanks, but they are both locked.

1 Like

To unlock it I suggest using warm water. It helps to release things when stuck or you could go the outhe way and cool it right down and try that.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that.

1 Like

No problem. Let us know how you get on. Nothing more frustrating. :+1:

1 Like

Will definitely update you - at work now so will try when I get home. I posted now to ensure there was a reply or two later on but who knew I would get such a fast response! Thanks to you both.

2 Likes

Myself and @Rob62 are glad we could help. If you don’t get up and running with that, just shout and we’ll come running. :yum:

2 Likes

When I wash mine I take the deck and run it under hot water and move the air flow ring up and down several times to clean it out real good Dry it and then lube the o’rings. ( I use 100% VG ) It’s Just a little maintenance but it keeps it running smooth

2 Likes

^^^^^ good advice right there. ^^^^^

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve just ordered the mini and it is good to know of this before I actually screw it up!

2 Likes

It’s the simplest of things but it makes it turn buttery smooth. Let’s know what your thoughts are on it when you’ve used it for a bit. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

That will be a while, I just ordered it today and it is coming with FT slowboat. Code MAP got me about $3.50 off and I had enough rebate points for a $10 gift certificate so it was almost for free. I will take the slowboat for granted under those circumstances and it is not like I don’t have anything else to vape on :laughing:

1 Like

Your delivery madam

Should be with you in 8-10 years. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, at least I will have a tank to vape on then. All yours will have disintegrated by then and no more on the market to buy anymore :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We’ll still have them, we’re in the UK. :grinning:

1 Like

Ah, but these old coots in the Lords committee have all died by then and some evil politician will implement the TPD to the fullest. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

knowing our luck your probably right. :scream:
There’s always someone wanting to spoil the party.

Right thats me for tonight, been a long day and I’m knackered. I’ll catch you all tomorrow again.
Much love vape fam. :v:

2 Likes

I tried warm water, cool water, hot water, cold water…nothing. Now if my Griffin was out of commission I would have said “Good riddance ya leaky damn pita…”.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this they would be most appreciated!

(now excuse me while I go lube the o rings on my mini kf…)

2 Likes