Keep vape mail legal in the US

10 Likes

“Signed, sealed, delivered” and confirmed!

Thank you for the heads up! :thumbsup:

6 Likes

I’ve told a senator and a rep in the email that this is a deal-breaker for me. That I’ll vote for anyone that runs against them.

6 Likes

6 Likes

I did mine yesterday, I’m pretty fearful it will pass, tho.

5 Likes

Got mine in. Just waiting for the standard “we fear for our youth” response letter…

5 Likes

Done and done.

6 Likes

Done here, too.

My added message:

Greetings from a 45 year old ex-smoker who uses electronic nicotine delevery systems in Florida. I haven’t had a life-threatening cigarette addiction since April 24, 2014. That was day I switched to vaping. I hope you can see the counter-intuitive nature of the fight against vapor products, while we still see cigarettes in every convenience store in the country. Join the Tobacco Club for a discount when you buy 3 packs! Before I switched, I had Sleep Apnea, wheezing, coughing, shortness of breathe and smelled horrible. All of the symptoms vanished within 2 weeks. Please dont make it more difficult and more expensive for other adults over 21 to switch or stay switched.

Please, do not eradicate the greater part of the industry and leave us with Vape Pods in gas stations that have ridiculous amounts of nicotine in them. I happily remain smoke-free with my refillable device, at only 2mg/ml nicotine with Cherry Whipped Cream and Strawberry Cookie flavors.

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

Done, and comment added. Why in the world would the US Government want to take revenue AWAY from the US Postal Service?

7 Likes

USPS is in trouble, if your package is late it is because of new rules put in place by the new post master. If a truck comes in late it is left for the next day now, even with next day air packages. Changes are needed but crippling the service should not be one of them. The USPS was never meant to be a competitor to FedEx or UPS since the USPS will deliver to remote locations the others will not. These changes are crazy to make during a pandemic and upcoming election where voting by mail will be so important.

6 Likes

I hope that this helps.

6 Likes

I sent mine to Senator Randy Weber. I hope we can make a difference.

5 Likes

I’m there with ya👍

4 Likes

This was the response from my state’s senator…:confused: Didn’t even mention the increase of shipping costs to vaping products and adult signature requirments…

Dear Ms. Anderson:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the United States Postal Service. As your voice in Washington, I appreciate being made aware of your views.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) operates more than 31,600 retail locations and handles over 48 percent of the world’s mail volume. In addition to domestic services, they provide military postal service in 67 countries and diplomatic mail service in 113 countries. The USPS is primarily funded through a combination of annual appropriations from Congress and revenue generated by charging mail uses for the cost of the services it provides.

Since 1999, USPS has had a revolving borrowing authority from the Federal Financing Bank (FFB), a department within the Treasury, for up to $15 billion.
Over the last decade, USPS has borrowed up to the $15 billion limit with an inability to borrow additional funds. Since 2009, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) has considered USPS’s financial condition to be at high risk due to overall poor financial condition, insufficient cost savings, and unfavorable trends. For example, between 2007 and 2019 USPS lost over $75 billion and continues to hold unfunded liabilities for employee benefits. In addition to holding unfunded liabilities, USPS’s cost savings plans have not yielded the savings necessary to reduce operating costs. Statutory mandates, such as the requirements to maintain six-day delivery and prefund health benefits for future retirees, have limited the actions USPS might take to mitigate these challenges. While USPS seeks to modernize, their financial conditions over the past eleven years limits their ability to do so.

Unfortunately, USPS’s financial condition was poor before the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result of COVID-19, USPS expects a loss of $13 billion in FY2020, $22 billion over the next 18 months and more than $54 billion over the longer term. Given your interest in USPS relief provided in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, you will be pleased to know section 6001 of the CARES Act gives USPS an additional $10 billion in borrowing authority from the FFB. This provision also requires USPS to prioritize the delivery of medical supplies. While I am aware that the funding provided in the CARES Act will not fully account for the losses USPS will experience – it is important to ensure that we provide relief that reflects the overall state of the agency, not just the strain the coronavirus has directly created.

Again thank you for your comments, as legislation regarding the postal service comes to the floor of the Senate in the near future, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. Please use my website as a resource for COVID-19 response activities at: https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/coronavirus, and if you are interested in keeping up with my work in the Senate, I encourage you to sign up for my online newsletter by visiting: https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/contact/newsletter.

Sincerely,

James M. Inhofe
United States Senator

4 Likes

Thank you @Wombatred26

3 Likes