Koolada not working, or is it just me?

Hi all.

So I’m not one that really enjoys warm/hot vapes. I generally do fruit/beverage flavours and it’s because there’s usually an ice/cooling effect with it. Now a common problem with that is that the cooling can sometimes be too harsh a higher wattage.

I recently started mixing and made Koolada part of my shopping list. I do however notice that at 1% I detect a strange chemical note. Higher percentages doesn’t make it cooler, but the chemical note increases and spoils the recipe. Lower than 1%, I don’t notice any cooling.

I’ve read that 2% is supposed to be cool, 4% is cold and 6% icy? For me, the cooling doesn’t increase, but simply the severity of the chemical note to the point where the entire vape becomes unbearable.

I’ve not used ws-23 or any other cooling agents yet, but am worried it may have the same effect. I do not like the taste of menthol at all so that would be a very last option for me.

7 Likes

Koolada (ws3) for me has an off taste i could bever get past to see if i can enjoy it…Ws 23 is imo the best cooling agent I would be using this if i wanted to enjoy cooling effect

10 Likes

Thank you @fidalgo_vapes for your reply. So it’s not just me that notices the off taste. I did my research prior to buying koolada and it seemed to be the preferred additive to buy. I must say that I feel like a lot of my very basic recipes have been spoiled as a result.

5 Likes

Though I don’t tend to use WSs much, like @fidalgo_vapes, I view WS-23 as the better option.

I’d suggest starting low and giving it at least 48 hours to start to marry with the other flavours. Using this approach will allow you to increase the amount, if needed, and adjust the other flavours as all WSs do mute flavour.

8 Likes

It was the first choice DIy mixers had for cooling , ws 23 came around later …I think for the most part the switch has went to Ws 23 . Definetely off notes , but yiu will find that some things will work great for others and not so good for you

4 Likes

All of this is exactly how it worked fir me

4 Likes

I’ll try a local brand by the name of Crushed ice next. It is, as far as I am aware, ws-23 under a more simplistic name.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I will give feedback as soon as I’ve tried it.

And BTW, most of my recipes do steep for a minimum of 48-72 hours before I draw any sort of conclusion on them, however I have not noticed a change in the off note I get from Koolada.

5 Likes

Keep in mind you wont have ti start as high as you did with koolada

6 Likes

@SkinnyboyDre I can’t vape any cooling agents, and especially Koolada, I can’t help with this one.

8 Likes

Can’t help either. At 0.5% koolada, I start to get a headache. If I tried it at 6%, I’d probably have a stroke

7 Likes

All cooling, WS’s whatever are pure evil I tell ya. I use it for spraying hornets nests. Knocks 'em right the fuck out!

9 Likes

good to know. Now I have a use for that 60ml bottle :grinning:

3 Likes

Let’s not forget FA Polar Blast, (WS3+ Fresholat ML) FLV Ice (unknown composition but I think it’s got some WS23 inside) and FW Extreme Ice (definitely WS23 inside) , all three are a lot better then Koolada, but it’s IMHO.
It depends on what you have to do with it? Fruits? WS23 and similar no doubts, teas, drinks, mojitos and things like where you might need a menthol based cooler, I’d go with Polar Blast.
What about INW Eucalyptus and mint?? don’t need a cooler after that… :rofl:

9 Likes

I’ve heard of the polar blast by FA, and can purchase it. I just saw the other product contains ws-23 at 20% and opted for that.

4 Likes

This is the best insect killer I have found.

4 Likes

Do you know a nice recipe like yellow cake you know whit fw yellow cake?

3 Likes

Welcome back @min0.

2 Likes