Koopor Mini, a strong little box

What’s up vapefam!
SirRisc here with another gear review!

On todays menu is a small 60W mod from Koopor, the Koopor Mini.
I realise this is a slightly older mod but I didn’t get around to reviewing it before and since I’m clearing out my review queue I figured I may as well publish it now.

The Koopor Mini was sent to me for the purpose of this review by Koopor themselves!
Thank you, Koopor/Smoktech!

Premise.

A good while ago I took a look at the Koopor Plus, a low-priced 200W mod by Koopor.
Koopor is a subsidiary of Smoktech and it showed in the firmware and performance of the mod.
Similarities with the XCube II popped up throughout the menu system, the batterysled was just about the same, the body was built from the same heavy material…
I liked the Koopor Plus as much as I liked my XCube II, with but one exception… it was too heavy to carry around, just like the XCube II.

Koopor has a smaller mod on the market too, the Koopor Mini.
Where the Koopor Plus is the better option for a desk mod, the Koopor Mini is easier to carry around.
Similar in design though with a few distinct differences, as the name suggests it’s a fair bit smaller and uses a single battery instead of two.

But do I like it the same as I did the Plus?
Let’s have a look!

Koopor Mini

Specifications.

• Zinc and SS alloy body
  • 1W to 60W output power
  • TC mode for Ni200 and Ti01
  • Resistance range: 0.06ohm to 2.0ohm in TC mode, 0.1ohm to 3.0ohm in power mode
  • Single 18650 battery powered
  • Magnetic battery door
  • Dual Driver system (buck & boost)
  • HFDMR, or High Frequency Dynamic Monitoring Resistance (polling the resistance 4000 times a second)
  • Adjustable initial resistance

Packaging.

The packaging of the Koopor Mini is a slightly smaller version of the Plus version, meaning it comes in an equally flashy orange box.
On the front of the sleeve around the box is a silver depiction of the mod, though it’s available in both silver and black.
On the back is bit of information about the mod and the systems it uses, the specifications, a few warnings and a QR code to the Koopor website.

Taking the sleeve off reveals the flashy orange box which slides open to the side.
Inside you’ll find the mod sitting firmly in a foam insert.
Underneath the foam insert are a few accesories like the user manual, a Koopor Customer card, and a warning card which explains that you shouldn’t use batteries with torn or damaged wraps.
Wraps are ridiculously cheap, easy to apply and could save you a lot of heartache. DON’T USE TORN WRAPS.

Performance.

The Koopor Mini is a 60W device powered by a single 18650 battery, but that doesn’t mean it can’t “chuck sick titz”.
In fact if you combine it with a TFV4 Mini it’s quite a proper setup that will cloud up a room in under a minute.
Though at a maximum of 60W the batterylife does suffer a bit, so I’ve been using it slightly lower.
A TFV4 Mini with a 0.7ohm single clapton coil at 45W is quite a satisfactory vape actually.

The menu system is very similar to its bigger brother, the Koopor Plus, though there are a few differences.
The menu can be reached by pressing the firebutton 3 times in quick succession, then selecting an option by clicking the firebutton once for each move through the menus and waiting for a second to select it.
The first icon serves as the switch between power mode and TC mode.
The second icon, ‘Coil’, allows you to select the alloy used, Ni200 and Ti01 respectively.
The third icon, ‘TC’, holds the three options for power output. Normal will output 6W to 50W, Soft will output 6W to 40W, and Hard will output the full range which is 6W to 60W.
The next icon has the screen settings, the standby time of the screen is set to 60s by default but can be set up to 240s.
The next icon is the puff counter, the counter can also be cleared in this menu.
Next one is another icon that will allow you to rotate the screen.
The Tr icon is where things get interesting, it allows you to adjust the TCR range for ni200 wire and finetune your temp controlled vape.
The next icon also ties into this by allowing you to adjust the initial resistance by half an ohm, which means you can set the resistance slightly lower or higher to further fine tune your coils.
The last icon is self explanatory and has the power on/off option.

On the back of the device is the batterydoor and much like the Koopor Plus it has a lot of holes in it to keep the battery cool.
Whether or not this has much use at a maximum of 60W is another matter.
The door is held in place with two strong magnets and has a tiny little rail on the edges to keep it from sliding from side to side.
If you hold the mod and push down on the battery door it does move, just like the one on the bigger version.
A small annoyance which is easily fixed by using the silicone sleeve which is sold separately.

Overall I like the performance of the mod but it does have one thing that has irked many users.
On the bottom is a USB port which isn’t available for charging but only for upgrading.
And that’s where the flaw is in this mod, to upgrade the firmware you’d think that it’s as easy as hooking it up to your computer and downloading a small program…
Not quite on this one. The Koopor Mini can be upgraded but you’ll have to take it to an authorized dealer and have them use a tool to upgrade it.
There are tutorials on doing it yourself but you’ll have to buy a programmer and have some soldering skills.
Is it worth the hassle? If you like the device, I do think it’s worth it since it adds TC for Stainless Steel wire.

Aesthetics.

The Koopor Mini is styled very similar to the Koopor Plus, it’s just a good bit smaller.
You’ll see the same circuitboard pattern printed on the front of the device, and the form is similar to the Koopor Plus.
The buttons are tactile and feel very comfortable, but do have a bit of rattle. This again can be solved by using the silicone sleeve which will stop the buttons from rattling.
The display is also slightly different in the sense that it’s less bright than the one on the Koopor Plus, but it does have the same blue color and is easily readable.
I’ve had no problems with reading it in direct lighting.

Pros and Cons.

Pro.

• Small but sturdy
  • Cool design
  • TC mode works well
  • Batterylife is alright

Con.

• Not upgradable at home without soldering
  • No SS support out-of-the-box
  • Buttons rattle slightly
  • Menu can be tedious to navigate

In conclusion.

The Koopor Mini is a nice mod in itself but it does have a few flaws. The fact that I can’t just plug it in and upgrade it is definitely not the way to go.
The button rattle is only a slight annoyance but it does make the mod seem cheaper than it should be.
In terms of performance though, I have to admit I like it better than the Koopor Plus.
Mainly the size difference is a huge plus because the Koopor Plus was really too heavy to carry around.
Combining the Koopor Mini with a TFV4 Mini makes an excellent setup and that’s mainly how I’ve been using this one.
Overall I like the Koopor Mini, but I hope Koopor will revision their policy on upgrading the firmware if there’s ever a V2.

In closing I would like to thank Koopor for sending me the Koopor Mini for review!
And of course all of you who read my reviews, thank you very much!

Join me next time as I look into some Geekvape gear, namely the Griffin RTA and their version of the 521 Tab!
Though it’s still stuck in customs so it may take a few weeks until the next review, sorry about that!

Need to reach me? Head over to my website.
Interested in what I vape daily? Check out my Instagram.
Want to know more about DIY? Head over to ELR.

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of mango/honeydew scented vapor