Label glue remover?

I doubt it unless it’s some really cheap plastic. Just try it on a spot on the bottom or something. if it becomes matt then don’t apply any more. Lots of cleaners for 420 related stuff contain alcohol because it cleans the residue off quite nicely.

3 Likes

Oh crap if I’m being honest I’ll have to admit thatI haven’t walked into the Walmart and held it in my hand and analyzed the pabel, just a discussion with her about how the 91% is different labelling, more expensive, and more effective.
She uses it on all her “gear”, and while she does have a silicone bong, I dont think she has any that are plastic.
She has a glass pipe that is “Hello Kitty”, and it was unrecognizable as such, until she soaked it in the 91%, and it looked new.

2 Likes

Don’t use anything with Amonia on plastics. Not even the slightest amount. Also be careful with what you use on Plexiglass. No Amonia or they will crack very easily, even just from temperature changes. Warm to cold and crack!

4 Likes

Peanut butter sometimes works. The oil helps loosen the adhesive and the solids help scrub it away.

9 Likes

@JoJo !!!

Sorry, can’t help myself.

It cheers me up, when I see you post. How are things ?

4 Likes

Orange oil. It’s not exactly non-toxic but it’s not exactly toxic. It will get most gummy type glues off without melting most plastics, though it’s useless on resins. It’s smells very strongly but pleasantly and easily washes clean with dish soap. Personally, I’d only use it on the outside of a bottle and I’d be very careful of the specific product I was using, but I’d use orange oil cleaner from the grocery store (the organic non-gmo blah blah blah one).

4 Likes

:relaxed: crazy busy but I’m surviving! How are you?

7 Likes

About the same, but glad, glad, supa glad you took the time to post up. Made my day.

5 Likes

Welcome back friend. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I use 80 to 90 percent alcohol qs well for this.

2 Likes

For both labels on glass and plastic bottles/jars, I’ve soaked them in hot/warm water and scraped off the label with my thumbnail (my old boss in the woodshop said I had thumbnails of steel :grinning: ). To remove what’s left, I’ve rubbed on coconut oil and let it sit for a while. The rest comes off pretty easy. I finish with rubbing alcohol to remove any residual stickiness.

3 Likes

I never thought of that. Great tip.
BTW, great hearing from ya!

3 Likes

:grin: I always use the thumbnail as well. Sometimes I make caveman noises as I pry off a chunky part.

4 Likes

You’ve reminded me that “the thumbnail” is more effective with the sound effects !! :laughing:

4 Likes

Reminds me of being in forces in Germany cheaper to get Vodka from Naffi (PX) than use windscreen de-icer.

5 Likes

Hehe seriously? That must have been a mighty cheap vodka connection. Window de-icer is not known as a high priced item.

3 Likes