Label Makers

What are you trying to say?

2 Likes

Bump… It’s bottle washing day and I have some important knowledge to share. My last go round ordering blank labels I splurged and bought the Dymo-brand (factory) labels. After many months …with a quick blow-dryering, they peeled right off with zero residue …and with ease. They didn’t just come off cold, but once I warmed em up for 10 seconds they came easily off whole. I winced thinking of all the pennies I tried to save over the years and the HOURS of additional time I spent removing gummy residue from glass and plastic. So next time you’re ordering raw labels, treat yourself …it went from horror story Dread to easy-breezy …duh :facepalm:

7 Likes

Nice tip, and great to see you poke your head in!

2 Likes

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/what-has-made-you-smile-today-ii/235273/641?u=fidalgo_vapes

So that one is connected to your computer ???

3 Likes

Yes, via USB.
And then powered by a traditional wall-wort adapter.

2 Likes

Just found this in a office supply box in my shed …I use to distribute a hardwood line called Urban Floors . I must have used this for the display racks …I have no clue if it’s good or bad . Does anyone know if its a descent one

PT 1290

9 Likes

I’ve got two of them. They work well and I’ve never had any issues with them.

7 Likes

Can’t find cord…Just found Battery Area lol…

7 Likes

I can’t remember (for certain) if they shipped with a charger (but I don’t think so)…

6 Likes

What size tape do you buy ???

3 Likes

They use the same tape as my PT-1230PC
(which uses TZe)

41EtVSc2FIL.AC_SY400

I switched to using the desktop version because of the really nice software that Brother provides. (it also enables the ability to use logos, I’ve used several for single flavor mixes: FA, Inawera, etc)

I prefer the 12mm, 0.47", laminated, White tape. It’s black letters on a white background, and being laminated means that if liquid runs down the outside of the bottle, the label maintains integrity (doesn’t smear/run/etc).

TZE231

Black Print on White Laminated Tape for P-touch Label Maker, 12mm (0.47”) wide x 8m (26.2’) long

I typically reserve these labels for persistent mixes. The “one-offs”, testers, or infrequent mixes still get the old “post-it and rubber band” treatment. chuckles

6 Likes

I have the PTH110 which uses the same tape cartridge. I use the laminated tape also and it’s perfect. I’ve never had a label peel off by itself, no smearing if wet and peels off clean when you want it off. A great little printer for 10 bucks.
BTW, almost all the lower end label printers by Brother come as battery operated with an optional AC walwart. I’ve used the same rechargable AAA batteries (Amazon brand) for the past 1.5 years without recharging. Might be about time to charge them up.

5 Likes

“Smile” thread posts moved here for persistent relevant exposure.

I’ve had a PT-85 (the weenie version of your fancee ones) for years and no issues. Those labels go on, stay on, and last a long time. Parting gift from a long previous employer.

6 Likes

You know you really make it hard to derail a thread …oh that’s your job , ty lol

4 Likes

I didn’t mind the derail! But these would have been lost to time if they were left there! :wink:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Oh, Ringo!!!

2 Likes

I love WIFI label printing, B and W, sharp, and extremely fast. For MY uses, labels added extra cost and hassle, moved to the endless spool of tape (labels), and never looked back.

4 Likes

I was fine with my masking tape . Thought since i found the Label Maker i might as well put it to use . With all this computer talk I am getting scared now

6 Likes

Yours and mine are computer independent!

5 Likes