Label Makers

So far i have been using the address label spool that comes with it. Not sure what i will go with next but there are some great ideas in here.

2 Likes

Thanks boss.

3 Likes

I finally found time to get my label maker up and running. Hereā€™s my first labelā€¦

13 Likes

Looking great bud.

2 Likes

Very nice, mine are very basic.

6 Likes

I hear you. Labels doesnā€™t really matterā€¦ Itā€™s whatā€™s inside the bottle.

5 Likes

Dont want to appeal to the children!! hehe. Plus im lazy and have absolutely zero design creativity.

REALLY like the printer tho. I do wish it had a catch tray. Ive been using it for awhile now and just found the advanced setting this weekendā€¦

3 Likes

I saw that myselfā€¦ I figured iā€™d get the basics down 1st and revisit the advanced setting at a later date.

Itā€™s a very nice printer thoā€¦ Thanks for the tip.

3 Likes

I canā€™t believe you just found the advanced setting!..I still havenā€™t found any advanced setting :scream:

2 Likes

During the installation I noticed it links with MS Word and Excel and a couple other MS Office apps. That should get you into some advanced label making.

4 Likes

I need to get mine back out ,I may be able to do something with it now that I have someone to help with my technology deficiency! Thank you for the info!

4 Likes

@BoyHowdy @BoDarc @Pro_Vapes @Ken_O_Where @SthrnMixer @Scottes777 @Bearkat
Sorry to bump this thread, But I have a couple of questions.
As far as the labels go, are they easily removed?
So far Iā€™ve been just printing the label information on a piece of paper and attaching it to the bottles with scotch tape. Iā€™m considering a label printer but am afraid the labels donā€™t come off the bottles cleanly?
Iā€™m researching for a USB PC label printer and hope you can revisit this and give recommendations.

1 Like

I love the P-Touch labels for the fact that they stick to damned near anything, they stick for a very very long time, are fairly easy to remove and barely, if ever, leave residue behind.

Iā€™ve used them for many many years in my job, computer networking, and there are labels in my lab that have been on systems for 15 years now. Yet I know that I can remove one quite easily even though itā€™s been stuck on for 15 years. Labeling computer cables is fairly difficult, yet the P-Touch labels do a fine job at that, too.

When re-using a bottle for eLiquids, I just peel the label off and wash the bottle without regard to any label residue.

IMHO, they are absolutely perfect for labeling eLiquid bottles. For home use - they wouldnā€™t work for commercial sales since one really doesnā€™t want those labels to come off.

3 Likes

I have a lableler styled like the one your suggesting that does 2 lines. I am hoping to move up to one that connects to my pc so I can design the label and print it. I put so much information on the labels, I have been printing them on plain paper with a small font and attaching that to the bottle with scotch tape;

Cosmic Coconut Pineapple Ā©
Pineapple (TPA) 8% Sweet Coconut (Flv) 5% Stevia (Pyure) 0.2%
11 mg 40/60 Flavor total:13% 8/14/16

1 Like

The one I use will print those lines at 12 or 14 point fonts. The label is 0.94" wide. I kinda wish I had a 1.5" or 2" label, so I could put the juice name in 30 point font and the information in 12 point.

1 Like

Mostly itā€™s a cost thing. I donā€™t think I could justify buying a new Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo just for Juice labels, but I was glad to pick up used at an Estate sale. This is an interesting model as it prints big shipping labels and I was sure I could use it for my business. Unfortunately it turned out to not matched the pre-formatted labels on selling sites. Thatā€™s an important point as many other people bought them and discovered they wouldnā€™t work with their Mac or their specific selling site and there are quite a few used ones for sale on eBay.

I do however like the software that lets me be a little creative with my labels. Itā€™s kinda fun. Also I will be adding the word ā€œPremium+ā€ to all my future lables :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I use glass bottles, my normal routine is to soak the bottles in hot soapy water and then use a razor to easily remove any labels. I havent tested these labels yet but i dont expect them to be any different.

3 Likes

I just ordered a used DYMO LabelWriter 400, hope I can get it to run on win10. the price was right, has a 30 day return, and is said to be complete and in working condition.

5 Likes

Same here. I keep my empties in a box and when I have 30 or so Iā€™ll fill the kitchen sink about halfway with hot water and Dawn dish detergent. Iā€™ll soak my bottles with labels on them in that for 30 minutes or more. Mostly they just kinda slide off. Thatā€™s the paper ones. The plastic film one peel right off.

3 Likes

Anybody with a brother ql-710 that can tell me if it can print in negative? (text white/background black)
Maybe achievable by printing an image

1 Like