Label Makers

If I come across one I’ll pick it up

1 Like

I hear ya dude. :slight_smile: Honestly I haven’t read the entire thread and at one point I thought we were discussing the Brother printer. But in reality I bet if the Dymo is a thermal printer and the tape would fit, it would work. And if not I also bet the prices between the model specific printers is pretty close. Still, I’m feeling way older than my 51 years so I call senior immunity from any and all harsh criticism! :laughing:

And at least one ass I know of…I saw that sumbitch in the mirror this morning! Hehe.

Doing well my friend, and hope you and the rest of the clan here are having a fine day!

2 Likes

Wait? what? Thermal clear film!? hmmm thanks!

Oh just looked and it has a different metering system (black squares) Dymo has punch holes between labels

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-11288/Dymo-Labelwriters-and-Labels/1-1-8-x-3-1-2-Clear-Dymo-Labels

2 Likes

Does the Dymo printer have a knife? I know the Brother one does. So you can either use labels or what I use, continuous tape. You create your design in their software and it will print/cut. So if the Dymo doesn’t do that then the Brother tape won’t work.

1 Like

The Brother is a continuous tape, but the Dymo has like a SaranWrap serrated edge which just tears between stickers. Dymo obviously has an “eye” and stops at the punch hole in the backing.

Another good use would be labeling all your AC adapters …I mean I have one for my scale my charger(s) my mini cordless drill (to infinity and beyond) and they’re all starting to look the same

2 Likes

With the continuous tape you can make your label as short or as tall as you like. The bottom one is one I would use if for marketing. The top is what I do here at home all the time. That’s less than half an inch. So I’m getting 1200 labels out of the 50 foot roll of film, 2400 labels out of the 100 foot roll of paper.

8 Likes

Nice! Luckily I only have to impress myself :wink: Very cool

3 Likes

OK since we are on the topic. What’s the best way to print for 30 ml bottles in a clear label? Sry if mentioned at work reading fast. Well skimming. I have avery but have yet to try and heard that when those get wet they fade

1 Like

I personally have not tried the clear film but since it only prints in black, I can’t imagine it would be something my weary eyes would like. But if the bottles being used were PET plastic, then I think that gives it more of a light colored background and may be easier to see. As for the fading, I can confirm that happens with papers. Not with film, but I’ve not used the clear. Are you sufficiently confused now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

kinda…lol. i just wanna do clear as i have always liked them. simple but can be elegant depending on what i design. but not sure whats best to make that happen…lol

1 Like

but i know with paper/film u can do more…hell idk…i dont even know which i would like

2 Likes

It doesn’t taste any different. You should see the label train wreck that is my vape closet. I live my label life vicariously through my ELR friends.

5 Likes

I use a printing service off ebay, vinyl matt labels with my own design on them, costs around £15 for 200 and they look good!, I used to print my own on paper stickers but they just rubbed off and bled once a bit of liquid got on there, then I went to gloss vinyl off the same printers on ebay but the marker would come off eventually (my labels are generic with an area to write the flavour, pg/vg & mg on) so yeah, now they’re matt, they take to sharpie markers better, completely waterproof and come off without much fuss when it’s bottle cleaning time :smiley::+1:

5 Likes

Do you have a link to your seller?

2 Likes

sure, this is the last ones I got, I did it off ebay though, there’s loads of suppliers on ebay, I’ve used a couple but these seem to be good quality
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281365334271?euid=82e68ce1b8d34dde9521837898971289&bu=43080881512&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks!

2 Likes

you’re welcome :+1:

2 Likes

This is my label maker when the boss ain’t around or not watching me like a hawk :slight_smile:

17 Likes

What comes out of that vent pipe? Unicorn Milk or maybe Cereal Killer? Hmmmmm? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This printer actually has a 4 ton AC unit on the back… that’s the vent for it

2 Likes