Label Makers

What are you trying to say?

2 Likes

Bumpā€¦ Itā€™s bottle washing day and I have some important knowledge to share. My last go round ordering blank labels I splurged and bought the Dymo-brand (factory) labels. After many months ā€¦with a quick blow-dryering, they peeled right off with zero residue ā€¦and with ease. They didnā€™t just come off cold, but once I warmed em up for 10 seconds they came easily off whole. I winced thinking of all the pennies I tried to save over the years and the HOURS of additional time I spent removing gummy residue from glass and plastic. So next time youā€™re ordering raw labels, treat yourself ā€¦it went from horror story Dread to easy-breezy ā€¦duh :facepalm:

7 Likes

Nice tip, and great to see you poke your head in!

2 Likes

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/what-has-made-you-smile-today-ii/235273/641?u=fidalgo_vapes

So that one is connected to your computer ???

3 Likes

Yes, via USB.
And then powered by a traditional wall-wort adapter.

2 Likes

Just found this in a office supply box in my shed ā€¦I use to distribute a hardwood line called Urban Floors . I must have used this for the display racks ā€¦I have no clue if itā€™s good or bad . Does anyone know if its a descent one

PT 1290

9 Likes

Iā€™ve got two of them. They work well and Iā€™ve never had any issues with them.

7 Likes

Canā€™t find cordā€¦Just found Battery Area lolā€¦

7 Likes

I canā€™t remember (for certain) if they shipped with a charger (but I donā€™t think so)ā€¦

6 Likes

What size tape do you buy ???

3 Likes

They use the same tape as my PT-1230PC
(which uses TZe)

41EtVSc2FIL.AC_SY400

I switched to using the desktop version because of the really nice software that Brother provides. (it also enables the ability to use logos, Iā€™ve used several for single flavor mixes: FA, Inawera, etc)

I prefer the 12mm, 0.47", laminated, White tape. Itā€™s black letters on a white background, and being laminated means that if liquid runs down the outside of the bottle, the label maintains integrity (doesnā€™t smear/run/etc).

TZE231

Black Print on White Laminated Tape for P-touch Label Maker, 12mm (0.47ā€) wide x 8m (26.2ā€™) long

I typically reserve these labels for persistent mixes. The ā€œone-offsā€, testers, or infrequent mixes still get the old ā€œpost-it and rubber bandā€ treatment. chuckles

6 Likes

I have the PTH110 which uses the same tape cartridge. I use the laminated tape also and itā€™s perfect. Iā€™ve never had a label peel off by itself, no smearing if wet and peels off clean when you want it off. A great little printer for 10 bucks.
BTW, almost all the lower end label printers by Brother come as battery operated with an optional AC walwart. Iā€™ve used the same rechargable AAA batteries (Amazon brand) for the past 1.5 years without recharging. Might be about time to charge them up.

5 Likes

ā€œSmileā€ thread posts moved here for persistent relevant exposure.

Iā€™ve had a PT-85 (the weenie version of your fancee ones) for years and no issues. Those labels go on, stay on, and last a long time. Parting gift from a long previous employer.

6 Likes

You know you really make it hard to derail a thread ā€¦oh thatā€™s your job , ty lol

4 Likes

I didnā€™t mind the derail! But these would have been lost to time if they were left there! :wink:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Oh, Ringo!!!

2 Likes

I love WIFI label printing, B and W, sharp, and extremely fast. For MY uses, labels added extra cost and hassle, moved to the endless spool of tape (labels), and never looked back.

4 Likes

I was fine with my masking tape . Thought since i found the Label Maker i might as well put it to use . With all this computer talk I am getting scared now

6 Likes

Yours and mine are computer independent!

5 Likes