Lemon..What is the best one when it comes to not falling out. Additives to maintain the lemon?

I made a fantastic lemon cookie, however my dilemma is that lemon sicily (FA) disappears after a steep. Ideas on what to use to maintain the flavor profile and if there is any other lemons out there that do not fade in a steep. Thanks in advance.

Recipe:

Acetly Pyrazine 5% 0.5%
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1.25%
Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.25%
Cream Fresh (FA) 1%
Lemon Sicily (FA) 1.6%
Meringue (FA) 0.3%
Nonna’s Cake (FA) 2.1%
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 3%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 2%

I’ve started to add a bit of lemon FE (ecx brand). But I am interested in what the pros say.

1 Like

Vanilla Swirl in my experience seems to over take every thing at about week three. Try it without it or .5% and see if the lemon stays.

1 Like

Honestly, this is v2, first one didn’t have vanilla swirl in it and the lemon still faded away, it even does it in my lemon pound cake.

I toss in a few drops of Real Lemon Juice as needed works like a charm and no steeping required. Just a few drops when it needs a pick me up ! Others flavor concentrates that are good go to s are FA Custard , Lemon Delosi or Nicotine labs ( same ppl )

Also looking at your recipe you could also get away w/ Cap’s Lemon Meringue V2 or V1 around 2-3%

2 Likes

Lemon Sicily (FA) Yum. Use more?

4 Likes

I’ve heard that this is one of the best ones. I have a bottle, but haven’t broken it open yet…

1 Like

It’s good and strong. It doesn’t have the same lemon aroma of lemon Sicily.

I do know people touch up their lemon Sicily sometimes after steeping. But there has gotta be a magic step to keep it there.

1 Like

1.6% lemon vs 4.25% creams… Lemon loses the battle. That’ll be more like a shake.

Use only 1 cream (cream fresh @.75), get rid the AP, and bump up the lemon to 2.5%. Lemon cookie should be simple. Just my take on it.

Oh yeah, try it without the Brown Sugar.

4 Likes

I was just talking with a juice maker buddy of mine, he said the same thing. So I will drop the creams and what you suggested and go from there. I agree it is just a simple mix and that may be what I will end up doing. Back to the drawing board. Thanks!

3 Likes

I use Inawera (WG) Lemon Mix in my mixes very often, it has a very sharp finished flavour. I believe it is a mix that is meant to resemble a few different varieties of Lemon in one bottle. Holds it flavour well and only needs to be used in small quantities.

1 Like

I found lemon Sicily held up pretty good, just bump it, it’s great at 4% IMO, won’t be swallowed up by the creams so easily

2 Likes

I do agree…if you are going to time steep this for 2-4 weeks it may be just right with double the amount of lemon Sicily or 3-4%.

But the beautiful background note…I call the Sicily note may still not be right. It may not be as good.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted a great lemon cookie and have tried creating a few different ones. This was always my favorite. And @Pro_Vapes is right, all those creams are good but it turns it into a dairy juice.

Pssst…don’t tell anyone but my second favorite was simply Sugar Cookie and Lemon Sicily - 4 and 3. :slight_smile: I think that was the ratio. I’m out of town and have that on my notebook, not on recipes. Here’s my fav…

Lemon Snaps (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Anise (INAWERA) 0.5
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.5
Lemon Sicily (FA) 4
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 2
Toasted Almond (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 10%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

I’ve been making this recipe for quite a while and haven’t noticed any fading of Lemon Sicily:

2% Lemon Sicily (FA)
1% Marshmallow (FA)
1% Pear (FA)
0.5% Raspberry (INAWERA)

Some of my bottles have sat around for over 8 weeks and been fine. I’ve never heard of it fading, so this is news to me. Maybe one of those flavors is helping? Idk…

3 Likes

Oh boy. This I’m gonna make on my next session. I finally have pear in my stash.

I think it’s a pretty good raspberry lemonade. You might be able to go a tad higher with the raspberry, but for my taste 0.5% is perfect because the INW version is so strong.

Thank you all for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. You would be amazed in what you learn from a community. It has been uplifting and opens the door to so many possibilities and ideas. Your all awesome. Thanks again.

3 Likes