Let them Vape Cake!

AlfredPudding cake base
all %
WF angel cake 2.5
OOO cornbread 1.5
JF yellow cake 1

12 Likes

I new I should have bought that cornbread when I had the chance, now I can’t find it.

7 Likes

@Dan_the_Man

https://www.amazon.com/OOOFlavors-Flavored-Liquid-Concentrate-Unsweetened/dp/B074ML92RX

8 Likes

Nm 10 char

5 Likes

Thanks, bro I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.

9 Likes

4 eyes are better than 2.

9 Likes

Just a slightly tweaked version of an older one that I enjoyed

9 Likes

im gonna try that:)

5 Likes

is it nice?

4 Likes

i have always wondered when i use custard in a recipe it kills my cake flavoring am i right? in some cases not all im aware

6 Likes

Cakes are (typically) lighter than most custards (not all), so it’s REALLY going to depend on which of each you are using (or more), and the percentages or ratio between them. My experience has been that custards can EASILY overwhelm many/most cakes. You could try some 2:1, 3:1 cake:custard to see how you can lower the custard enough where it doesn’t overwhelm, but contributes or enhances the cake(s).

8 Likes

Think of Custard as your egg IRL when makimg a cake recipe…I like using Premium by FA if im doing a bakery at .5 to 1pct…So ya if your using Custard high your definetely right

8 Likes

I think it depends on the recipe you are working with. You did not share which flavors or the percentages you have been using. Post the recipe here so we get a better understanding.

8 Likes

Here you can see how the custard can complement a bakery:

You can try it without Cantaloupe, it’s a delicious Donut even without fruit.

9 Likes

Ya 1.3pct of Cap VC makes sense especially with the 4.5pct of donut base …Tbis is exactly what I meant by using .5 to 1 pct of Premium …Great Example

7 Likes

1% of bavarian creme use to kill my most cake recipes

7 Likes

Please post a recipe u/min0 or was your question answered?

5 Likes

RF sponge addressed as well.

7 Likes

That actually sounds really good!

5 Likes

You’re a gem :diamonds: @marsh8!

Wonderful explanation and love the approach!

7 Likes