Let's talk Menthol

Hi!
I am pretty new at the vape scene. I have been a half a pack smoker for 10 years and a menthol smoker for the last 4 years.

So, menthol cigarettes just got banned in Europe and that has made me try to quit tobacco for good. A few months ago I decided to try vaping and bought my first kit. Smoke R Kiss
When I bought my first bottle of e-liquid I said to myself no way in hell I’m gonna pay over €20 per bottle I know there is DIY for cheaper. And I bought every fruit flavor I could think of and stared to play with mixing. I also bought some menthol, eucalyptus and peppermint as I know I enjoy menthol. When trying to find a good mix it seemed that menthol was the only thing that pleased me and nothing else was good enough.
Now that I can’t get my menthol cigarettes I have been feeling less of an urge to take a cigarette and rather take a vape than those nasty cigarettes. Truth be told, i’ve never really liked the taste of pure tobacco, I just like to smoke. I very much like to smoke.

I am now looking for tips & tricks from other hard core menthol fans that keep the menthol in focus. How can I spice things up by adding other flavors to get some variety while still keeping the menthol in focus?

9 Likes

Show me an example of how your menthol recipe looks, what you are using…

For me, I use a combo of ice and cool menthol, both from Flavorah…

One of my recipes that I fall back on looks like this:

As you can see, I have layered everything to make a smooth chilly menthol “candy cane”…

if I want to add any fruit to it, I do lower my menthol/mints just a bit so my other non mints will stand out. It does pack a punch, because these are ultra flavors… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well I’m not a hard core menthol fan and never liked menthol cigarettes when I smoked, but if this can help I do like Wintergreen (TPA) plus Koolada in many of my mixes, very refreshing. Wintergreen at 2% and the Koolada I like at very low %, just a couple drops per 30ml, but in mixes for my friends that liked menthol cigs, I Bump the Koolada up to 0.8 or 1.0% . May be something for you to try, I do go thru a lot of the Wintergreen!

8 Likes

Welcome! Menthol is an absolute must have for me too. Every menthol flavoring I’ve tried early on was too weak for my tastes. What I do is dissolve menthol crystals in PG, roughly 66% crushed crystals in a beaker with the rest being PG. I eye ball it but 50/50 by weight seems close enough.

This works very well with melons and other minty flavors. With berries it can get into the cough drop range, lol. For adding a cold edge to other flavors I like WS-23. It doesn’t have a minty taste but can add the icy effect without the bitterness some other cooling agent can get.

Best of luck!

6 Likes

Today I finally found Menthol crystals in Sweden. Local vape store said it wasn’t possible but there is a Danish spice maker that has a 20g jar that I managed to order ($7) :slight_smile: Looking forward to making my own solution

2 Likes

Any reason you chose cotton candy as sweeter? I only have sucralose but I don’t have vanilla either. Maybe sub vanilla and cotton candy with Marshmallow as it’s maltol and vanilla?

1 Like

You can try that if you’d like. :slight_smile:
I don’t use much sweetness, if I did it’d only be a drop or 2 as it really is strong.

1 Like