LG 18650 "not for vaping"

Just found this on 18650.uk when i was looking for batteries:

“Please note, LG Chem are now shipping some of their HG2 batteries stamped with a notice that they are not for E-cigarette/vaping use. The battery itself and its build/chemistry has not changed, LG are simply not endorsing their products for use in vaping.”

Boooooooooo!

4 Likes

That should stop us! :rofl:

11 Likes

All they are doing is to release them from any liability from mis use of batteris…some people do not practice build an battery safety and end up on the news…then want to sue any one they can…so LG protected themselve…I think sony has some thing also on thier battery or may be Samsung…

6 Likes

Yep, I’m currently vaping with some LGs that say they aren’t for vaping. I told them to stfu and now they’re my bitches.

15 Likes

Well… isn’t the point of releasing specifications that the user can decide if it is suitable for the application he wants it for? If the specs say discharge 30A and my vape only goes up to 10?
I think this is more of a statement rather than a protective measure.

2 Likes

You make it sound desirable to have such batteries now… I think I have to buy at least a pair now :rofl:

8 Likes

Got 4 of those little bitches right where I want em. :wink:
I’ll stop being so vulgar now…
Maybe…
If I feel like it… (I don’t)

12 Likes

“Strictly prohibited”??? I WANT THEM NOOOOW!

5 Likes

Ikr?!! Makes me want to use them even more. :wink:

5 Likes

By the way… what monstrosity of a mod is that with 4 18650s?

4 Likes

That’s Bob! My reuleaux rx300! I love him. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I think with my 11W mtl tank it would last at least a week on one charge.

4 Likes

Yes, probably! At the 140ish watts he’s pushing for me right now I get about half a day… :joy:

5 Likes

I bet you can weld with it.

6 Likes

Not sure if I’m scared now or just intimidated… 140W?

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve got the modfather rda on him with dual coils in series, takes some crazy power to fire up those fuckers but ooh its so nice!

6 Likes

I guess technically I’m only at 138 Watts…

4 Likes

I bet you name all your toys.

5 Likes

Sure do!!!

5 Likes

So how much juice is that thing gurgeling through in a day? After cleaning your windows, for how long can you see things through them?

6 Likes