Link to ELR home broken today?

Just seems that the link to ELR Home is broken, Forum working perfectly…
Anyone?

2 Likes

Working at my end

4 Likes

Yeah I’m good too. Try it on another browser, see if it’s doing the same thing for you.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll clear the cache and try with another browser!

3 Likes

Nothing, every site is working perfectly but ELR, tried gong through a VPN as well, but nothing seems to work.
I’ll try a netsh winsock reset and see, strange that everything else is working!

Thank you

3 Likes

Who the F… all of a sudden switched a bloody proxy on without warnings… thank god I know how to find and solve issues, no chance a normal user would have found that.TU all for your help!!

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue, how did you solve it? I finally installed the latest Android update today, I assume this has something to do with it. I also had trouble accessing Dashvapes.com had to do a security test picture thing.

2 Likes

I’m on a PC, not on Android, apparently something switched a proxy to “on” @ port 8003 check that…
I switched it to off.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s coincidental but I had issues connecting thru my VPN all last week. Had to ‘expose myself’ so to speak to get a connection.

3 Likes

Tried either way, with or without VPN, in my case something switched Proxy ON with a lot of glibberish in its windows, it could have very well been my VPN, you could be right!
I switched it to off and everything went OK.

3 Likes

lol, u did most of the work yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it :wink:

4 Likes

Well they told me it was my fault, just had to find the culprit… :+1:

2 Likes

I did notice that Lars is blocking a lot of VPNs, so if you’re on one… make an exception for ELR.
A lot of bad people do use VPNs to do bad things, so I can understand his point of view. Everyone wants to be safe. Cheap VPNs are probably an easy target (like the Windscribe that I use). And it’s not just ELR, a lot of sites block VPN IPs.
Another option is to refresh your VPN IP until you hit one that isn’t blocked, or change country.

3 Likes

What baffled me was that the forum was working perfectly, all the sites (Including ATF) search engines and the lot were working, it was just ELR home not working and if I’d have gone out couldn’t even login…
But it’s a test I can do now, switch the VPN on and see if it’s that!

2 Likes

It’s the ELR database that gets attacked, hackers don’t have an interest in the forum. The same happens to me from time to time (no the attack but being locked from ELR Home from time to time).

At least, that is my suspicion. I never asked Lars straight up for the reason… just what I noticed that happens. More and more people are using VPNs these days, so this issue happens on more and more sites. Happens a lot when you’re using TOR or VPN and I assume proxies as well, but I’ve never been fond of proxies so don’t have a lot of experience with them.

4 Likes

That’s a point! I never use proxy neither, just think at my face when I saw it switched on… :joy:

Now I’m with a VPN, I’m using Brave (similar to TOR) as a browser and it works… Strange things happen…

3 Likes

Yeah, not all VPN IPs are blocked. Refreshing your IP can help.
Perhaps only IPs that have been abused get on a block list… I dunno. It feels like something like that is going on.

1 Like

ELR is one of the FEW sites that I connect to not over TOR.

3 Likes

In the world of today, it’s a pretty good idea to protect yourself one way or another… just can’t trust the evil forces on the web.
Big players like BBC and Netflix are actively blocking VPN users, discouraging people from using protection and it makes me sick to the stomach. ELR is a small project and I can understand the financial reasons behind it, not from the big players. I compare that to the Pope going to Africa telling all those poor souls that the church does not approve the use of a condom. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

@anon28032772 On my side, I’ve flushed them!!

Definitely a trusted one!! nothing on the forum side, on ELR Home no cross-site cookies, some Cross-site tracker but usual ones, googlesyndication-fb -twitter-f**cadblocks… :joy:

3 Likes