Looking for a decent and affordable mech mod

For some reason only a few of these lists showed up when I googled them. This one is a newer one, waaaaay down on my search.

3 Likes

Even that list contains more regulated or semi regulated mods than it contains real mech mods.
A real mech mod doesn’t have a mosfet switch nor does it have a chip regulating the power. A real mech doesn’t have any cables what so ever, it is pure mechanical as the name imply.

But i gotta admit that this list was way better than the first one you posted.

2 Likes

not true. Ram and Azeroth box squonkers have a wire.
btw, the Ram is very nice, and the Azeroth is nearly a junk.

2 Likes

i cannot speak for all/most of them. but i have many PURGE, clone and original. the $30 clones are just as good as the originals, except for minor artwork.

2 Likes

Wow, i wasn’t aware of that. I really dont have much experience with mech mods. Ill definitely take that into consideration.

2 Likes

In those cases i don’t consider them to be a true mechanical mod either.

So just by looking at them you can actually say that the material used is the same high quality as Purge are using themselves? Sorry for not believing that at all man. The whole idea with a clone for 30$ is of course to make it real cheap so they can sell tons of it and in order to manage that they cut corners on the material they use. There is no way around that fact man since had they used high quality material those clones would cost you a lot more.

Maybe what you mean by as good as the originals is that they hit as good as the original and that is something else entirely and another discussion perhaps.

Sorry for derailing somewhat from the OP’s original question.

2 Likes

then what catagory would you put them ?

i am a hobby machinist. i bought and machined Naval brass(PURGE brass).
and i have machined a PURGE clone.
basicly, they are the same. as far as price differences, the material has almost nothing to do with it.

4 Likes

Robin if you haven’t found anything yet I have a Limited Edition Cartel made by Hcigar. It’s a tube mod, quite hefty and thick. It could probably double as cannon if modified slightly.

It’s yours if you want it. Just shoot me an address.

4 Likes

is that a stack, or what ? why 3 pieces ?

3 Likes

It will accept 18650, the shorter 18350 and I forget the last size.

2 Likes