Looking for a decent and affordable mech mod

Unfortunately i am still on the panic shopping train. I’m looking for a good affordable mech mod. Regulated mods only last me about a year or two at most ( i drop them all the time) and with everything going on right now, buying a mech or two seems like a great idea . I haven’t used a mech mod in five years or so . I think my last one was a telescope mod.
Thank you

2 Likes

Have quite a few tube mods and find the best budget 21700 ones I own are from either Timesvape (Dreamer, Keen, Heavy Hitter) or Tauren Mech mods. Do a goggle search for those and see if they fit in your budget. I could happily recommend any of them (the Keen being my favorite)

4 Likes

Ok, thank you.

3 Likes

are you opposed to buying/using clones ?? as long as they function as they should of course.

4 Likes

Don’t own it but have seen great reviews.

https://www.sourcemore.com/hellvape-trishul-v2-mech-mod.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mailchimp&utm_content=0329

4 Likes

Funny thing, was vaping on the Trishul when I replied to @robin. Have been using this for a couple of weeks and really enjoying it. The Trishul has an unusual fire button which uses magnets with the polarity reversed. Instead of the 2 magnets repelling (like a spring switch) they attract one another which gives the switch a tactile on/off click feel to it. I enjoy it, although it is different and may not be to everyone’s liking.

4 Likes

I got the Trishul from Hellvape to review and after a while the Coil spring in the switch broke and after that it doesn’t really work as it should anymore.

Never took that Coil Spring out or touched it with any tools so it never got damaged by me while cleaning the mod and despite that it broke.

After that i’m not so happy with the mod to be honest. Before that i must say that it was a decent hitter and afterwards not so much.

5 Likes

How long did you have it before it started playing up? I wondered with the magnets hitting each other all the time may cause them to fracture and break

3 Likes

A little over a month perhaps, maybe a bit longer.

2 Likes

robin gone awol ?

2 Likes

@jinx_d, @robin will be back…

2 Likes

@robin

Maybe one of these?

2 Likes

Not sure about that list - it’s dated Jan 21 and the mods are 4-5 years old??

3 Likes

Yeah, I couldnt find a newer list

4 Likes

Im here. Thank you everyone.

3 Likes

Thank you. The reviews seem pretty decent. :grinning:

3 Likes

Im always open to buying a clone. I have a few RTA clones that work perfectly.

3 Likes

Do yoou have a specific mod that you would recommend.?

3 Likes

Someone mentioned Timesvapes mods and another one i could recommend is Vaperzcloud’s Sceptre (21700 )that has gotten real good reviews and you can get it for around 100$.

El Thunder from Russia also makes good mods and they are affordable and of high quality. They got mods from 18650 to 21700 and around the 100$ mark.

Buying Purge, AV and the likes of those manufacturers is kind of throwing money away considering the price they ask for most mods. I mean shelling out anything from 200$ till way over 400$ for a hype just isn’t worth it to be honest.

That is kind of a funny list to bring to the table considering that most of those mods isn’t even available on the market today and if you find one it will be a used one.

Most of these Best of Mech Mod lists you find is kinda strange since they never bring out real mods that people actually buy and use today.

5 Likes

I am a bit cautious when it comes to buy mech mod clones thanks to most not using the best materials the originals are using and the overall quality might look good but in most cases they really aren’t.

I have tried a few clones and even though they all looked really nice and in par with the originals the material quality wasn’t as good as it should be and the 510 threads on one of them just didn’t cut it and the RDA couldn’t be tightened as good as it should be and with that comes a risk of getting a short maybe.

With mech mods i am really careful since an error could lead to Thermal Runaway on the battery which will end up with you holding a pipe bomb in your hands and getting injured.

I don’t have the same concerns when it comes to RDA or RTA clones since the chances aren’t as high to blow yourself up as it is with a cloned poor quality mech mod.

Not saying that you shouldn’t go for a clone, all i am saying is that you should be careful so it doesn’t end badly for you.

3 Likes