Looking for a high-quality non-rebuildable MTL tank

So far, I’m checking out the Kabuki 510 V1.5, and the Nautilus V2, which I saw recommended in the rebuildable mtl thread. Quite a price difference! Any opinions on these two, or any tips on other options would be much appreciated.

This is for a friend who just dropped the money on me to get him started, and price isn’t a deal-breaker, just don’t want to buy a $100 tank if the $20 tank is better. He definitely wants quality, and doesn’t want anything rebuildable.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This is where clones come in. IMO. If you can find a clone of the kabuki go for it…try it and if you love it then get the authentic. There are for sure people who love love their kabuki, but yeah for the price if you are not sure it’s too high.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! He would probably appreciate the original version, though. From what I’m reading this Kabuki seems like the best available, but I haven’t gone too deep into research yet.

1 Like

It’s certainly anything but new, but the good old Nautilus v1 is quite the little starter MTL atty. Time tested, for sure. The Grandpa of MTL disposable coil atty’s. I’m sure they still sell them.

2 Likes

I used that V1 for a long time! It was nice. Any word on how the V2 compares, other than being all modern-looking?

2 Likes

No, sorry. Left for DL after my v1 days were over.

2 Likes

For me personally, the Nautilus coils worked for only a very limited time. Once my taste buds started to work a little better, I kept getting a very nasty metalic taste from them.
I tried several different orders and just couldn’t get over it… that was the moment I went over to sub ohming and not long after I started building my own SS coils.

I really wouldn’t pay $100 for something you’re not even sure you’re going to like. I even wouldn’t trust someone else to buy stuff for me. Take your friend to a good and big vape shop and let him try different devices and different flavors to get the hang of what he really wants.

2 Likes

(For some reason the ad says Kangertech. It’s an Aspire product)

(These coils will fit either tank)

My personal disclaimer: I’ve never bought from Rock Bottom Vapes. I have no idea on their shipping rates, but it appears they use USPS. The tank & coil prices aren’t bad at all. The Nautilus Mini is the tank that got me over the hump, and off cigs for good. I still have a Mini in the regular rotation (the same one) 3 years later. No leaking, no issues. I’m strictly MTL. I ventured into sub ohm for a short time, but it just wasn’t for me. Different strokes for different folks. That’s what’s so cool about vaping. If you want to do it, your sweet spot is out there. Just need to look around.

I moved on to rebuildables a long time ago. I even use the VVTF rebuildable coil in the Naut Mini now. (That little sucka is challenge to rebuild, but in my eyes, worth it).

IF your friend insists on a non-rebuildable MTL tank, the Nautilus is tough to beat.

Good luck on your hunt.

2 Likes

FWIW I had a Nautilus 2 for about a week when I was new to vaping and really struggled with the refilling/coil change and with some leaking issues.
That was a year ago and I still MTL at the start of the day. I’ve been through a few tanks including the Nautilus mini and now using a Vapefly Nicolas. I love it. The flavour’s great, it’s well made, easy to refill and it doesn’t leak. Looks like a normal tank too :smile: Highly recommended.

Edit: Oh, and, sub ohm coils are available for it too if your friend later wants to dive down that rabbit hole.

1 Like

Thanks! The Nicolas does look nice. Just watched a couple of reviews and PBrusardo also likes it better than the Nautilus v2.