Looking for a Watermelon Crush Recipe

A friend of mine found a soft drink that he would love to drink a lot but the sugar content is way too high. He asked if there might be a recipe for an e-juice that tastes just like it but I can find a recipe anywhere and I don’t trust my taste buds well enough to make one myself.

Has anybody tried to figure out how to make a Watermelon Crush e-juice? I’ve been searching but either Google doesn’t like me or it doesn’t exist.

5 Likes

I don’t have a recipe but a good starting point may be with Wonder Flavors Watermelon Candy.

It’s a good, sweet watermelon flavor without any bitter, rind notes.

7 Likes

Is it an alcoholic drink you are referring to? I mean, I recently started on watermelon recipes. I plan to make several good ones (hopefully to me if not anybody else) since I’ll be purchasing quite a few watermelons concentrates. I did get MF’s so I may not need to keep searching. Anyway, I have looked at other people’s recipes too and I am sure some can be made alcoholic.

5 Likes

Watermelon Crush is an American fruit flavored soda, like Orange Crush? Umm Sunkist Orange or Fanta Orange? Only Watermelon… my daughter drinks it, too.

6 Likes

8 Likes

MF Watermelon is more of a natural rather than candied WM. CAP Sweer WM is more candy like, LOR Watermelon leans towards a jolly rancher. WF WM Candy is a good one and the new WF WM candy extra sour…not sure if I got the name right, is really good and sour.

@Chuck1965 maybe try CAP Sweet Watermelon at 3 to 5%. Wish you could still get RFSC Soda Base, maybe CAP Fizz Pop? Try it at 1 to 2% but I haven’t messed with fizz pop much, maybe someone else can chime in on that flavor? Try it like that but I am guessing your friend will want it sweet, try 0.50% CAP Super Sweet, that will add a little kick

7 Likes

Champagne Soda (SC) (WF) might help withhe fiz part of the soda

example recipe

6 Likes

These are all great ideas and put me a lot closer than I was when I posted this. I found out yesterday after I posted that there is a mixed drink with the same or similar name. I’m going to get a couple of bottles of Crush Watermelon Soda and then order flavors after I can taste it. I think with the combinations mentioned here I might have several new favorite flavors so I might buy all of the ones that I don’t already have including the champagne since that might be crucial to the taste.

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful.

6 Likes

did a quick search of the recipe side of the forums

and fiund this recipe - have not tried it myself but might help you out

7 Likes

Thanks, I must have used the wrong search term. This will be a big help.

5 Likes

I forgot to mention that I’m looking for the soda/softdrink and not the mixed drink.

5 Likes

The one I was referring to is just WF Watermelon Candy. Not extra sour or anything… it’s straight sweet watermelon candy. Like a watermelon jolly rancher.

6 Likes

I might want to pick up a bit of that too. Yep. I just checked and it’s in my shopping cart.

5 Likes

I know you haven’t tried it @tartarusspawn and yep, that could be a good starting point other than whooo look at those percentages. Recipe is from 2016 which I believe is when folks were still using those high amounts. I did too at first, everything tasted like crap lol. I came to learn, less is more. Which all of us did. :slight_smile:

anyway @Chuck1965 You might want to try this recipe with 1/3 of those numbers first. It’s easier to add a little more than to try and reduce it by adding more “base” ( nic, vg/pg) etc etc. That never worked for me at least. I had to start over.

Sorry to stick my big fat nose in here as I am by no means a great “mixologist” ( I love that word :slight_smile: )

8 Likes

I’m not such a great mixologist either. All of this info is helpful.

7 Likes

Thanks, @wombatred26 @tartarusspawn I’ve yet to see it in the stores or someone drinking it. I want to see what it tastes like so I guess I’ll
Have to go up/downtown to get one and see what it tastes like. It’s probably just like a commercial vape, too sweet
to even think about what the flavor could be. LOL :rofl:

Cool, thanks for that my friend. That is precisely the information I need. I have both WF watermelons and like them both. Would you grab the Lorrans if you had both the WF watermelons?

I love that word too. Anywho, don’t sell yourself short my friend, that is straight-up good advice.

Ya, nor I but I follow people that have the samish* tastes that I do and I always learn something. I also follow people that are famous. I make some of their recipes and ask them stuff too and always learn something and of course the forum.

Ok, I have never tried a soda vape. What soda concentrates do y’all recommend?

*samish - as in having the same or close the same; samish.

8 Likes

My daughter (12) likes to grab it, at the gas station, when we stop for drinks and snacks before we go fishing. I’ve tried it. It is very sweet but I wouldn’t say it is overly sweet, for a soda…

Have you had the Orange one? It’s sweet like that but not quite as syrupy, if that helps at all… a bit more tart, a little more “clear-ish” in flavor than the orange or grape. It seems to me as though they toned the amount of flavouring and sugar down a bit in the watermelon.

Oh OH! They ALSO have peach and it is AMAZING!! That’s my fave, lol

WF Cherry Crush is very good… I think it’s WF…? It’s very close to the soda.

I like to use CAP lemon-lime as, to me, it gives a slight tingle on the tongue, like Sprite or Sierra Mist. CAP Fizz Pop has a bit of that, too. I’ve not had any luck with VTA Fizzy Sherbet but lots of others highly recommend it.

I’m still trying to find a good cream soda concentrate. One of these days I’ll get around to ordering OoO Cream Soda… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

ooooh, they have a cream soda? Oh heck ya. Yum

4 Likes

I had to search online to find it anywhere. I did manage to find it, at Walmart of all places. It’s a twenty mile trek so it’s going to wait a few more days until I have the time.

4 Likes

Hmmmm, probably not, need to revisit the Lorrans but have had more success with other WM flavors.

5 Likes