Looking for freemax pro triple coils..or alternative

Of course everywhere is sold out of these coils. I thought I read here somewhere there is another brand you can use in the pro tanks but can’t find anything after searching. Any ideas?

Thanks!

6 Likes

Did you try cleaning them for longer life?

5 Likes

I will have to look up how to clean them. Thanks for the ideal.

5 Likes

Soak them in alcohol. I use vodka but everclear is better. Anything at 100 proof. I use a small plastic cup put coils in fill with vodka and keep them in for 24 hours. Stirring a few times, then rinsing with water and drying them. No pets or kids hvac vent works well lol

5 Likes

No problem. I cleaned mine few times by rinsing in hot water, then soaking in vodka for a few days, then rinsing with hot water and then letting them dry for a day or two.

5 Likes

Looked at 8 different sites and nada, even ones thatsaid they had them on Google😡. Not helpful now but every black Friday myfreedomsmokes has 40% off all coils with a limit of 3 per resistance.

5 Likes

yar. i’ve looked for 30 minutes. you can order them from China from the Freemax site but shipping is ridiculous unless you spend $50.

5 Likes

Well can’t find any locally. Ordered from FastTech. Who knows when/if they will ship. I also found you can use Advken Dark Mesh coils with this tank. Couldn’t find those anywhere but ordered as well from FastTech.

5 Likes

Cleaning your coils is only going to take it so far and the results aren’t all that great. Maybe time to look into rebuildables or just get another tank that you can still find coils for, at least for now.

After seeing warnings all over the vaping community about coil stock shortages, back in February or March, I told my friends to stock up or get a rebuildable atty. Some stocked up for 6 to 12 months and they’re bloody happy that they did. These things don’t go bad so if you find anything you could live with, make sure you buy enough to last you a while. People are talking about reopening business right now but don’t trust that everything will get up to speed any time soon.

5 Likes

Yeah I have a couple rebuildables but could never get them to work well. Spent hours and hours with them and results were lackluster at best. Me and rdas just don’t seem to get along.

5 Likes

I can understand that drippers are not for everyone, but rebuildable tanks or RTAs are getting easy to rebuild. Cotton laces make wicking a breeze and ready made coils are easy to find… and I’m sure there are enough people here in the community who could build coils for you (unlike the commercial coils).

But if you’re opposed, I think the only option you have right now is looking for another tank and get enough coils for it to last you a couple months.

5 Likes

If you’re willing to buy from the UK…

4 Likes

I guess I’m lucky I’ve always been swapping out coils when I change flavors so it leaves me with up to 3-4 coils in marked plastic baggies. In most cases I replace the same sort of flavor with a saved coil and replace it back into the bag with a new label. These coils are easily soaked with alcohol and then boiled in water for 10 minutes and set aside to dry out. They last for months if you take these simple steps in advance to properly schedule maintenance days for your equipment. It is effective and effortless after a few tries. Just remember to fluff up the coil before installing a new/newly cleaned one it saves money and you’ll be surprised how well your new flavors taste after the coil is prepared and broken in. JMO

5 Likes

I like the Double mesh coils, and Yup been cleaning them 4ever, flush under hot water, soak in Stoli Vodka for 24 hrs then flush again under hot water. Put away to dry!
Disclaimer: My wife is Polish/Russian so always have plenty of Stoli on hand!

7 Likes

got a 1/2 gallon of it in my apocalypse stash.did a few shots, then put my coil in to clean. lol

5 Likes

Now that’s what I call a scheduled maintenance day once a week to make sure your equipment is at peak performance. Follow some simple guidelines and prepare in advance you’ll have the same results that I have. Believe it or not you will not have any regrets whatsoever and the results are amazing. Saves you a lot of money and it’s very beneficial once you notice the results.

Mally :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

RDA RTA is going to be the standard as prebuilt coils are harder to find.
There is one alternative to freemax pro coils. Augvape Skynet Pro is the only copy cat and not sure is they sell those anymore.

2 Likes

Thay have the doubles not the tripples. Most places are oos an all of the augvape pros, seemslike Alder is correct about them not being manufactured anymore

2 Likes