Looking for something Specific

So upon my first entry to vaping, I had been a fairly heavy smoker. I was somewhat recovering from a severe alcoholism problem of which I had “thought” I had under control and due to directions from both my psychologist and general physician I had taken time off of work due to poor health from partying… Throughout my work history I’ve been working in the oilfields of Canada, I always had the principles if I hadn’t had the training, I’d let my work ethic and ability to learn the scope for work determine my rate of pay in the workplace. I was almost always a success, with the ability to climb through the ladders and hoops of the workplace in a gnerally blue collar line of work, I did well and got paid well for it.

In my mid to late 20s, I had been living in an area where I generally had the same neighbours, however, in my unfortunate time away from work, I wasn’t able to drink and smoke like I was able to when I was working. So in my idle time, I would smoke, occasionally drink and sit idle and wish and hope something came across my path would give me some form of companionship in my inability to work. Well, there was a new neignbor on my block and upon my curiousity, he had moved into his home with a single truck full of furniture, mattress and electronics. This baffled me. Over the years, depsite mostly being by myself, I had always acquired atleast something to prove my signifigance in the Adult world. I had furniture, electronics, instruments, cutlery and all things imaginable, even more than a small family would have as a single adult. I guess I just didn’t understand how someone could live without posessions.

So, upon his observation, the fellow that moved on our block had noticed that I’d make casual strolls around the block almost daily at random times throughout the day, sometimes for beer, sometimes for pop but usually, actually more often than not come home alone smoking cigarettes as I approached my building. I think it must’ve taken around 7 or maybe 9 trips for him to gain his confidence, and then he approached. He showed me this device called a “mech mod” and said, “put your lips around this” and to, “Press the bottom”… Reluctant… At first… But he seemed like a good person, a ginger with thick framed glasses and stubble which lead me to believe he was a computer science(s) type and I trusted him as I was raised around with the “nerdy” types.

Upon my inhalation, I had noticed a great taste of: grain, citrus, berries and perhaps milk.

I said, “What is this?”
and he read, “Cereal Killer, Dude”
I retorted, “Am I gonna get Fucked Up?!”
He said, “Nah bro, you’re gonna not want cigarettes”

So I grabbed ahold of that Mechanical Mod, he called it, I grabbed the shaft and used the other hand to press the button as I sucked that cotton until it was dry. This event changed my life.

So I was avoiding Strawberry concentrates for the longest time, but I was wondering if there are any decent strawberries or combo that tastes like Strawberry Frosting for the Donut Combo I’m working on?

7 Likes

Buttercream frosting (SC) (WF)1.5%
Strawberry of choice 1.0-1.5%

Depends what you want out of a strawberry.
Sweet - Wild - ripe - Green -Jammy.

6 Likes

Winston, his name was Winston. He was the best Basset Hound a person could ever as for. After my encounters wiht my neighbour, I had to pursue this thing he called vaping. It was 2014 and I had no Idea what kind of rabbit hole I was diving head first into. I was scared. I was excited and I was looking forward as to what benefits I would recieve from giving up what he called, “Stinkies.”

4 Likes

No suggestions, but thanks for sharing this. Great read. Amazing how we entered the vape world and how it changed our lives…for the better.

2 Likes

Honestly, I thought it would be funny to write a short story with the question at the end.

4 Likes

Works for me. Again, thanks.

2 Likes

Wow, that read was a trip to the twilight zone. Complete with Rod Serling asking for strawberry donut at the end. Many a quantum leap in there.

5 Likes