Looking for the most sour note possible

Looking for suggestions on something that would help a recipe be more sour. I’ve used most of the suspect flavors but it’s still not where my friend wants it. She likes the weird scratch the back of your throat out kind of flavors. Some kind of sour lemon or raspberry. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

You could try this one… It definitely has some kick to it. :smiley:

6 Likes

:wink:… notes from a private convo.
[Beaufort_Batches]

Well, although I thought you may had already knew this but sour does not translate very well into a vape. Sour flavor doesn’t hit our taste buds the way it needs to in a vape to get that eye popping sour experience like a warhead to the mouth does. Although you can get a small perception of it with Wonder Flavors Sour Blue raspberry Candy. Unless someone knows a secret, I have yet to know anyone who can make that kind of sour in an e-liquid.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Hi Bled try this

3 Likes

Exactly. If it exists I would like to know also. But I’m afraid it doesn’t. I couldn’t say it any better than the quote.

6 Likes

What about capella powerful sour and Wonder Flavors Sour Blue raspberry Candy when i used to buy shop bought juice this used to be sour here is a photo of it

2 Likes

I just didn’t know how they did it

1 Like

That looks really good I’ll definitely have to make an order. my friend is a weirdest person in the world because she likes the most disgusting totally out of this world mix. Thanks smokey…

2 Likes

Malic Acid.
Dissolve in PG like citric acid or menthol crystals.

2 Likes

Keep hope alive :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Pucker flv is based on both mailc and citric acid… and a few other things…

Hope someone might get a chance to try out my recipe I posted. It might help. I know for me parts of it are the base for my troli [sour gummy worms] recipes I am really enjoying!

4 Likes

That sounds interesting I’ll look and see if I can find the recipe.

3 Likes

I agree but hope can also be a dangerous emotion. :sweat_smile: :wink: :thinking: :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, they use Malic Acid but to me it is horrible tasting. It reminds me of Menthal but it makes your throat “cold”.

I never got sour from it though. Anybody get sour from Malic acid? I am curious.

1 Like

Wow you get a menthol taste from malic acid?
It’s generally derived from apples so not sure why it would give off any menthol notes.

Malic acid is an organic compound with the molecular formula C₄H₆O₅. It is a dicarboxylic acid that is made by all living organisms, contributes to the sour taste of fruits, and is used as a food additive. Malic acid has two stereoisomeric forms, though only the L-isomer exists naturally. Wikipedia

2 Likes

No, not exactly. It merely reminds me of it. Probably shouldn’t have mentioned it. I don’t want to muddy the waters. I was only trying to say that it doesn’t translate to vaping very well. To be clear, this is my opinion only and have no solid facts to go on. Only what I get from it. Though, I am very curious to know what others get out of it.

2 Likes

@Dan_the_Man
I don’t get a menthol from it are you sure you have Malic acid? I get a sour from it. The sprinkling on the outside of sour worms etc is a combo of malic acid and sugar.

@Bled

I agree with Dan that it is super hard to get a truly sour note in a vape you can get closer when it is combined with a sweet aspect (I find it works ok with stevia and may work with your standard sweeteners but I haven’t used a Sucralose based sweetener for a long time).

There are a couple of concentrates that come pretty close to a good sour note Sour Ball Candy WF springs to mind - while it is a great flavour it is not perfect in itself a little tot of malic acid (TPA Sour) and citric acid and a small amount of whatever your preferred sweetener is may get you 90% of the way there.

I have heard lots of good things about

But I am yet to try it

4 Likes

This is pretty good.

https://www.lorannoils.com/tart-and-sour-1-oz-6035-0550

6035-0550-Tart-and-sour-1oz-Blister-B

2 Likes

Well, I thought I was but now doubt has crept in and darn it all @Bled a little bit of hope. I guess I need to find out.

I have the Sour Blue Raspberry Candy, I wonder if it is similar.

@woftam do you know where to get Malic Acid of the Top of your head? No need to go looking…

1 Like