Looking to buy a rta to learn to build on

@Anonymiss
An Avocado 24mm would work as well.

Whatever you decide on, I strongly suggest you get a mini set of precision screwdriver bits/handle and not try to use the allen wrench that comes with the RTA.

Something similar to this one in the link below. [Example: bottom row center in bits pic…the Avocado22mm takes the 1.3 bit and the Avocado24mm takes the 1.5 bit]

1 Like

Yeah Im not really liking the idea of having a tiny working space…

Im eyeballing one of those Geekvape kits actually so I will at least have the basic tools needed to get started.

3 Likes

@Anonymiss, @VapeyMama,

If you wanna try an RTA, ya can’t go wrong with a 3ml shorty Aromamizer v2 (really an RDTA tho)

If you would rather drip… I highly recommend the Tsunami (any variation will do perfectly… 22mm, 24mm or the 24mm with viewing glass)

Both of these tanks are phenomenal with flavor, clouds and air-flow options to suit the user. I also recommend SS 316L, 26AWG wire; it performs great in power mode with a clean flavor and it works in TC as well if you start to play with TC later on.

As for building… Start simple (I’ve tried fancy wire builds but came back to single wire). I know they can give a little more on flavor but I just don’t want all that extra work… 26 gauge is plenty easy to work with and I can make 2 new, 7-wrap coils; install and wick them in about 10minz then I’m back in business.

I’ve posted this previously but it’s so good; it warrants multi-thread posting…
Here’s how to build… the most simple, straight forward video on coiling I’ve ever found…

7 Likes

Personally I’ve just started making my own builds and have a hellava lot to learn, I started off with the Griffin25 and the Boreas but have set those aside in favor of the TFV4 Micro. Small area to work with but I like the fact that it’s a single coil and easy to wick without leaking and flavor is very good. another good thing is I have 3 RBA heads and can build them and carry with me to change flavors or if one go’s bad for some reason.

2 Likes

Speaking of the aromizer…is there a way to do a single coil build in there?

As long as you can cover both sides of the well where the juice holes are

In addition to what @mikelej14 stated…

I’ve never attempted a single coil in the Aromamizer but if I was gonna take a stab at it… I’d run the coil between the post and dead center of the deck.

It should work but I’m not sure how this would effect air-flow? If you give it a shot, I’d really like to hear how it turns out.

5 Likes

I have literally just bought the Tsunami 24W RDA on that recommendation, you should charge commission :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Putting my first build in my Tsunami 24 today. I’ll post pics later.

6 Likes

I buy pre wrapped claptons…you can buy them just about anywhere online now at vape stores for any dripper.

3 Likes

Simple build, 24g SS316L 10.5 wraps spaced 3.5ID at 0.28 ohms

7 Likes

7 Likes

Nice clean looking build you got there brother. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

looking killer on the tsunami…good going.

3 Likes

I’ve done that with my lil velocity clone. It works just fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you’ve never built a coil (not that difficult) and want to make it really really easy, consider one of these. $5.61 US and I’m sure they ship to our northern neighbors.

3 Likes

yes they do :slight_smile:

I’ve tried 15+ tanks over the last 4 years, and the current best for me is the Authentic Geek Vape Griffin 25mm RTA Tank Top Airflow. Comes in black or Stainless Steel and had the largest velocity deck I’ve seen on a RTA. Very easy to build and wick and airflow is amazing. It’s never leaked on me (close juice and air when filling from top) and it holds 6ml of juice. Huge opening on top to refill and large chimney. Next best thing to dripping IMHO.

2 Likes

Incidentally, I have been getting my gearbest stuff in record time. At the lowest ship option (I think it’s CN epost or something like that) I have received my items in less than a week. They have really stepped up their shipping.

4 Likes