Looking to buy a rta to learn to build on

I hear ya. For someone starting out it’s basic and it works. I no longer use mine but when I did, ti was fine for what I needed. I was able to wind counter-clockwise with mine. Just had to hold the wire a little tight for the first couple of turns. Now I just use mini screwdrivers because they are longer and easier to maneuver the coil.

2 Likes

The ONLY reason I bought this kit [other than I got it cheap] was to get the silicone sleeve to keep the mandrels in…SERIOUSLY !!!
I sent the CM coil wrapper to my Brother in OZ in the box that mine came in., all packaged up, but I kept the silicone sleeve…naughty me.

2 Likes

That video is strangely calming. Reminds me of a segment from Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, lol.

2 Likes

Hehe, yea, it reminds me of a luxury car commercial or something along those lines.

bout time :clap::grinning::+1:
out of Ti though, here tomorrow, just playing with the Aromamizer first :stuck_out_tongue:
kid in a candy store.

7 Likes

Nice… One of each, I see… Aromamizer and the Tsunami :yum:

You’re in for a treat my friend :+1:

Can’t wait to hear an update, let us know whatcha think…

2 Likes

well I love the Aromamizer, except when I was first building it, took it apart and ‘thought’ I felt something fall out, turns out it was the juice flow pins, luckily they give spares lol, now all good and working perfectly…once I got rid of the oil taste the flavour was awesome, like it a lot :grinning::+1:

1 Like

So what’s the best kind of wire I mainly use clapton coils atm and bought a tc mod and an rta tank.

I love stainless steel just because its a perfect middle ground for tc and power. Very versatile material.

2 Likes

So as long as your mod supports ss in tc mode you can run it either way? (Just making sure I understand… It’s early and I’m only half way into my cup of coffee. :wink: )

2 Likes

Lol…I woke up an hour late today. Redbud caffeine I need it all. And yeah I need to do some digging into making coils. Be cheaper if I do it

Yes. Another perk of SS is you can run it either way.

2 Likes

I love the Ijoy tornado nano…nice deck and Vape…there are plenty of good tanks out there now though

I’m going in the opposite direction, I can build but don’t particularly enjoy building, often don’t have the time, then I discovered these pre-built fused claptons on fasttech, very handy, and they taste lovely in the Griffin RTA. https://www.fasttech.com/p/4650600 .

2 Likes

I bought one of these for those kind of occasions when I just can’t be bothered lol they’ve been really good so far :+1:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Demon-Killer-48-pcs-8-in-1-Alien-Fused-Clapton-Quad-Hive-Tiger-RDA-RBA-Coils-/262561191449?

Yes, ss can be ran like kanthal in power mode as well as ran on tc for ss316 or tcr mode. All around great to work with. A little springy, gotta really pull tight for a nice even coil but otherwise thumbs up

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but the Herakles RTA-2 and RTA Mini are one of the easiest to wick which translates to the easiest to build when it comes to velocity post decks. I also have the Aromamizer Supreme, Boreas and Cloudnus which all have the bottom wicking and love it but there a little more tricky to get right than the Herakles RTA-2. Just to be clear NOT the original Herakles RTA with the 4 air holes and 4 wicking slots, the new RTA-2 has only 2 air holes and 2 wicking slots which is what makes it easier and better performing.

I also find the Mage easy to wick but it is a little more tricky than the Herakles RTA-2. The Herakles RTA mini has the exact same deck as the RTA-2, just in a shorter tank.

1 Like