Looking to make really sweet juice

I’m kind of getting there with sweetening Tobaccos now. Touch of EM, Vanilla, Bavarian cream, Caramel, all these help in small quantities.
What I’m after now is something like sirup or marmalade (but not honey) type of crazy sweetness that leaves strong sweet after taste as if I ate something sweet. Maybe not even possible without 100% flavoring mix :slight_smile:

LoL I’m such an idiot…I just realized you are the person who started that thread. :stuck_out_tongue: Doh!

If you’re looking for syrup, maybe a maple syrup flavoring or a brown sugar? I know a lot of people use sucrose as well for a sweetener. I haven’t ventured into sweeteners, yet. The sweetest thing I’ve made used Caramel Candy and Bavarian Cream. It didn’t leave me feeling like I ate something sweet though. I’m not sure how you would get that without actual sugar.

1 Like

Dulce de Leche lends a sweet note to mixes. My favorite is brown sugar.

Honey works very well in very small amounts. Try some at .4% (point 4 % to be clear) in a small batch in addition to vanilla and carmel @ around 1%. You will be surprised.

I typically will use TPA Cotton Candy to sweeten mixes. At 6-7% they seem very sweet to me. I hear some people claim Cotton Candy and Ethyl Maltol are the same. Not sure about that one but I suppose it could be. I have 10% EM solution and if I use more than say 2 drops per 10 ml it kills the flavor. Not so with Cotton Candy…so maybe it’s weaker???

I also see where Capella has “Super Sweet” and again, don’t know, I haven’t used this one. Best o luck.

2 Likes

This is a easy one. Can’t believe no one else has suggested it for you. EM/Cotton candy is a no no. In time it will weaken your other flavors. Stevia, not for me either. No one wants a artificial taste in their vape. Honey, well it may be for some but the people around you may not like the smell. What’s that leave you ask?

Marshmallow, usually at around 2%. Not only will marshmallow sweeten but adds a nice texture to your vape. I don’t believe in sweetening very much but when I feel it is needed I ONLY USE marshmallow…

5 Likes

I’m experimenting with FA Merigue for this purpose. So far, I love the taste and it does a good job of simulating that sweetness one craves in certain mixes. Love my plain and toasted marshmallow too!

Now, I’m gonna have to create a s’mores recipe!

4 Likes

Yes ! marshmallow is my go to sweetener if I can’t get it done with it then I’ll do some super sweet by Capella. Then if it’s a bakery then defiantly a shot of DDL or even cake batter will do it. I love Oba Oba by FA it is biazzare milky, creamy, marshmallow some even say it has hints of tobacco involved in it. It’s great at small percentages all the way up to 7% as a stand alone I’ve used it.

4 Likes

Is there a way to make your own sweetener, I normally use TFA sweetener and is is perfect for me
I recently made an order from rts and they didn’t have TFA brand and the stuff they sent me is junk.
Just wondering if anyone had made there own sweetener.

I was JUST thinking about this today. Weird. I don’t see why not. It’s just sucralose (Splenda) and PG, right? You’d just have to figure out how much to use.

I was thinking the same thing, normally I would just buy it but I am in a pinch for it.
I wouldn’t even know where to start on the ratio…

If you’re not too interested in precision, I’d do as much as will dissolve in the PG. TPA’s site says they use PG, Sucralose, and distilled water. If you want something more precise you could try a 10% (1g per 10ml) or some variation of that (ie 3g in 10 ml would be 30%, 5g in 10ml would be 50%, etc.)

1 Like

That sounds great, I just looked at the old bottle of sweetener i had and that is exactly what it said.
I am going to try it and see what happens. Thanks for all the info, will let ya know if I get it to work.

1 Like

If your looking for something really sweet try yellow cake and madagascar vanilla from fw my girl loves this mix I can’t stand it. It taste like straight frosting way to sweet for me.

I wanna join @Jimk in saying that Meringue (FA) is truly excellent!

3 Likes

Look for colorless LA watermelon pair it with sweet strawberry capella’ s add 1 drop of sweetner ( I use Ecx sweetner ) onestopdiyshop had clear LA check them out. If you use LA watermelon at 5-7% and sweet strawberry at 3 % put with any creams you like and add a marshmallow if you like this will give you a sweet sweet vape hopefully not a toothache thou.

3 Likes

It is a great tool to have isn’t it !

2 Likes

I ordered “Sweetener” from Mt. Baker Vapor and it is really good and sweet. I only need to add one drop to my tank or about 6 drops to a 15ml bottle and it has no aftertaste and makes it very sweet. I really like SWEET and that it is. Why is everyone suggesting flavors like cotton candy or honey, ect. rather than a sweetener? I don’t know what’s in this and perhaps someone might want to research it and find out. What ever it is — I like it very much and it’s very sweet. Joya

1 Like

Almost all “sweetener” (TPA Sweetener, Cap Super Sweet, etc.) is sucralose, and the OP said they had that already and it wasn’t working for them.

ahh, so glad to find out what sweetener is in the Mt. Baker ‘Sweetener" = sucralose. One things for sure… It goes a long way. I don’t taste any aftertaste or any unkind evidence from it and I like my juice very, very sweet. In fact, I’ve been saying I can make anything taste good by sweetening it. LOL me, me, me. That’s typical me. I sure hope the thread goes on so we can learn more about sweeteners. Just to post… I tried using marshmallow recently. I have a touch of toasted marshmallow in mine by TPA, and I noticed it TURNS ON MY TASTEBUDS! After I vape ejuice with it, I can taste everything a whole LOT! I recall someone posted ethyl maltol can turn off your taste buds. Perhaps (in my case anyway) it is opposite. I’m not sure yet if it’s the marshmallow or the "toasted marshmallow’ that does it. Hmmm. Do you know JoJo? Anyone else have this experience?

2 Likes