Looking to mix things up

Looking at my options, it seems that i need to buy 20mg/ml nicotine PG base, can’t get 100mg/ml, which would work in the calculator, but 20mg does not for some reason, i cant personally calculate it myself, i always end up with 18ml of that stuff, which would end up giving me 360mg in a 30ml bottle…weird right.
this is what im looking for and what i can get…
30ml bottle, 50/50 VG/PG, 12mg/ml, 10% flavor(or w/e recommended).
Straight VG
Straight PG
20mg/ml Nic Salt PG
Flavor

with 100mg/ml nic i could use calculator to get right measurements but not with 20mg, try it out, it makes no sense, i just need the right amount of nicotine added so i dont kill myself

Edit: sorry, im a dumb @$$ lol, does add up to 12mg/ml, missed one detail lol, still wish i could get closer to that 50/50 mix though

Edit2: 1 last thing to point out, my options are buy premixed 50/50 flavorless and just add flavor, making it a 40/60 VG/PG, or, make my own but im forced to use 20mg/ml which ends up becoming 40/60 VG/PG without the flavor added yet…or is it 3% flavor or 10% 3ml flavor…i dont remember.

3 Likes

It’s going to be difficult creating a balanced (PG/VG) recipe at your desired 12mg/ml with 20mg/ml 100%PG nic base. (I.E. if you wanted to make 100mls you are already @ 60% PG with the nicotine alone, before adding any flavoring)

I would recommend trying to source some VG based nicotine or alternatively drop your nicotine target of 12% (I realize that the latter may not be what you wish).

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR @TobaccoNoMore.

3 Likes

20mg pre-mix in a 30ml bottle = 20mg PER milliliter.

But for posterity (and a complete understanding)…
20mg (nic PER ml) x 30ml = 600mg total nic in the bottle)

It doesn’t matter how much is in the bottle. (Unless you are drinking it, which is a major no-go, and you can see why above. 600mg of nic would cause issues if drank.)

If you happen to vape up to 1ml in a sitting, then you’re getting 20mg of Nic into your system.

The numbers can only go down from there.
Each time you add a flavor, that 20mg number decreases.
Each time you add PG, that number decreases.
Etc, etc.

I couldn’t make sense of your numbers (as written), and that’s the only reason I’m ‘spelling this out’ so to speak.

The only way I could mathematically get the numbers to jive is 18ml of 20mg premix = 360.

But that has no bearing on things if we’re talking about a 30ml bottle (without further context).

Apologies if I’m the one missing something… lol
Wouldn’t be the first time. Won’t be the last. But when dealing with nic, I feel it’s important enough to clarify (for you, as well as anyone else who reads this in the future). :wink:

6 Likes

looks like i will need to do a 60/40 VG/PG mix with the nic on the VG side, with increased flavor % to compensate, should also help reduce the liquid from leaking past the mesh of my 0.8ohm coil when ever i fill the tank, which it always does.
yeah i do see that my math is off, thanks for correcting, so the calculator works now that i use 60/40, if i use 3% flavor or 10%, it still works out, i just hope the coil gets a good amount of liquid so the coil dont burn, dont wanna switch to a lower ohm, that will increase my intake and monthly costs.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re gonna need to use VG based Nic if all you can get is 20mg Nic.

Not sure what tank your using or why your target is 50/50 pg/vg…
If your having leaking problems in a modern Sub-Ohm tank you need to run higher VG ratio, like 30/70 pg/vg. In the hotter weather I increase to 20/80 pg/vg.

10 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined the forum.

4 Likes

Update: i just put 27ml 70/30 flavourless in a 30ml bottle and mixed in 3ml flavour, shook it up real good and let sit for a couple of hours, checked it, everything seemed mixed, gave a try and there is barely any flavour, do i have to let steep?, or not enough flavour, atm it would be 60/40 VG/PG, it should have decent flavour at 10% of 30mls, specially in a caliburn G, but barely, like hard to tell if im not really concentrating on the flavour, any tips?

4 Likes

The higher the VG it will require a longer steep, but if your familiar with the flavors in the mix usually off the shake will give you a good idea. I usually give a mix an overnight steep before testing. If it’s good then go from there…1 week retest, 2 week, etc…

5 Likes