Losing the palate occasioned by the vape?

@anon84779643 So far I haven’t done anything that I really liked and was worth.:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

@brasilVAP if that’s true @anon84779643 can surely help you out in that department.

3 Likes

Sounds like over flavorings to me @brasilVAP
this is why I had asked for a sample recipe for what ever you are trying.

List what manufactures you have available… or find a recipe up on the elr calculator side you want or did try…

Thanks @SessionDrummer lol I do not know what all he has access to and I don’t use any other manufacture… Flavorah is all I use… Not sure how much help I will be to him. :smiley:

4 Likes

I have several essences, some I haven’t even tested yet.
Since I started I got used to using an excel spreadsheet where I relate 25 to 30 different juices recipes (all with 10 ML).
As a production line, I do it all at once, not one by one.
As I experiment, I write down my impressions of some that stand out and, if appropriate, suggestions for possible improvements.

For some months now these impressions are more difficult … my notes are always the same:
Unidentified tastes …
Most of the time I have to consult in the excel spreadsheet the description of the flavors used in the juice because the taste is not helping to identify what that juice is.

I appreciate the kindness @anon84779643, but at the moment would not have the taste in order, worked to your satisfaction, to enjoy your help …

But I hope this will improve over time.

2 Likes

You need to work on solos. Never mind recipes. find where you Can taste 1 flavor first.
One flavor… start it low… what ever manufacture you have… and work it up…
Watch this video and see how this person is testing out flavors. This might help better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBurOts9G4

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter whether you liked it or not. If you’re asking for advice, it is important that people understand what you are talking about. Whether you’re testing a single flavor or a complex recipe, saying “I don’t taste much” doesn’t tell us a lot. Both using too low or too high % can have the same effect.

Just say (for example) I tried TPA Peach Juicy at 5% or paste the URL of the recipe you’ve tried and tell us your experience. That way we have a good idea of what’s going on. Additionally, you could tell us what atomizer / coils / wick you’re using.

4 Likes

Your both problems are related (nose bleeding and losing palate / lack of flavor tasting) and i’m guessing the cause is the way you are vaping. You say you are ‘always exhaling through the nose, otherwise is not worth the vape’. Maybe you are overloading your nose.

Please make an experiment - block your nose with your fingers and make couple of puffs - and you won’t taste any flavor, anything at all. So my advise would be to limit your exhaling through the nose to max 20% per puff instead of 100%. The vaping sensation will be the same while your nose will become more sensitive for flavors, it will be less irritated and you’ll have less bleeding.

(Also have in mind your nose bleeding comes from the vapor - when you inhale 1ml of liquid, most of that liquid comes out again by your exhale ofc (if you vape 10ml of liquid per day, then almost 10ml of liquid will come back for exhale - and if you are exhaling through the nose only then some of that exhaled vapor will condense on thousands of your nose hairs… and that will result in nose bleeding). So that is not necessarily related to vaping or irritation; you have the same experience in sauna probably if you exhale through your nose only, although there the inhaled vapor is not nearly as saturated as by vaping, nose is not irritated by various chemicals and smelling receptors are not under high pressure).

2 Likes

I had really bad side effects from vaping but it was drying out my nose, not making it run.

I almost had to quit vaping because my nose got so swollen I could barely breathe through it, and it was filling up with scabs

What I have to do is use antibiotic cream or coconut oil and swab a little bit on the inside of my nose when it gets dry

Every symptom wen’t away in a few days and i’m vaping fine now

This might work for you too it just creates a barrier so vaping won’t irritate the nose

2 Likes

Off topic but why only Flavorah? Is there something I should know lol

2 Likes

I dont mix with the standard flavors because of freedom of choice. I prefer Flavorah and other ultras, however my main focus is only Flavorah… American created and supported… one of The best companies we have right here, in both my home state and in NC… functioning out of Washington state with some of the best employees…

Funny in a sad sort of way, I hope our diy will never be effected by these current events… so why would I want to support any other company?

3 Likes

yeps is what I said right before your post last night…

Issue is he has an idea in his head that is not matching what his expectations are, and he is not wanting to tell what it is he did… why is that? <I have zero idea…

4 Likes

Oh I see! I never really did any investigation into that aspect, but it makes sense. As long as your happy is all that matters! Thanks for the reply. I was just more curious than anything. :v:

1 Like

Not to mention, I have only 1… shipping bill… and I dont have to go chasing flavors that are out at every other re-seller… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree with you! I just stick with bullcity and use the ELR discount code. However I do get everything else I need from liquid barn. Nic/vg/pg.

1 Like

You are right there is little information to be able to analyze and answer.
I would say that the context of my post, (put as objectively as possible) was concern about the health and side effects of vape on my body. Both in the medium and long term.

We know that every organism is different.
For some it is difficult to understand and be interested in the issue because their bodies simply did not react: either good or bad with the vape, simply assimilated with little or no reaction.
Others went through similar situations, even worse, but overcame.
In posting the topic I did so after researching these symptoms I face … without getting many answers.
Now in the answers / testimonials it is recorded that it is a fact that can occur but that usually / apparently … is overcome by the body itself in adapting.
Patience, I will then wait for my body to overcome this phase.

If it doesn’t get better, then I want to follow @Brotherbob suggestion and eliminate PG completely for some time … from the research I did PG is the villain of allergic reactions in vape.

Thanks, I appreciate the answers and testimonials that can help others with the same problems.

3 Likes

And here I thought it was about you not being able to taste a flavor at what ever amount you are using it at. Shame on me!!!

it still sound like “zombie tounge” where when one vapes a flavor, and then vapes and vapes it and then can not taste said flavor… normally comes from over using a flavor and killing off taste buds…

my bad.

2 Likes

No way @anon84779643 should have been clearer and more objective in my first post.
The vaper tongue symptom manifested as soon as I started but I got better / better and the flavors appeared! what a joy!!
But then the problems reported above began.

2 Likes

I think it is a translation issue.

If you mix, do not use too much flavor. start very very low and then raise up your amount of flavor…

Using too much flavor, will make flavors disappear.

2 Likes

Although not a scientific study, I find this is a good read about the PG topic.

5 Likes

I found a blackjack clears my palate you can also buy sweets online for vapers tongue that seems to work hope this helps

3 Likes