Lost Vapes Thelema Quest 200w Mod Review by SessionDrummer

I have been POUNDING the Thelema Quest non-stop since starting the testing, throughout the review process, and continue to do so, and wow. I think I may pick up another couple, JUST to have some spares. I haven’t had time to do my typical “WTF” drop drop drops yet, but I will, and thus far, every time the display lights up, I’m reminded of how much better, and clearer it is, than many other mods I own.

The new(er) chipset/verison mentioned above, appears to be easy on the batteries, and not only is it NOT running through batteries faster, but it actually seems like they might be lasting a bit longer.

I’ll try to drop it a few times, hehe.

6 Likes

Hoping they send along the Cyborg Quest 100w to you. I got burned on the 2 Grus so not jumping on thit one until I hear from actual users like yourself. Similar in shape to my beloved ehpro cs 120s so figure I’d like the mod tho it is as ugly as the cs 120s imo. :rofl:

5 Likes

@Letitia while getting “free” stuff sounds good, hehe, it puts a LOT of pressure on for sure. Luckily I’ve been purchasing my own lately, that way, I get to review what I want, when I want. :slight_smile:

What happened with your 2 Grus’s if you don’t mind me asking ?

Let me look into that Cyborg. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Underpowered so have to set wattage higher and that just bugs me. LV instead of releasing an upload just released a new & improved. Let’s just say they lost my respect and trust.

6 Likes

I did quite a bit of investigation into this when my first Grus was horribly underpowered and read coils at 10% less than the true ohms. I had contacted them and they replied that 10% difference was within their deviation allowance for this type of set up. Considering I use highish ohm MTL builds this was a ridiculous amount of deviation.

I did actually get another 2 Grus mods after finding out that the problem was random and they both read true and work fine. I tried to find out whether the firmware was up-datable on the board used, and it seems the board is missing the connections to be updated and requires modification to both the board and a usb cable to replace the firmware with something better.

Lost Vape brought out a V2 version of the Grus which uses a Quest board, but I will not be upgrading to that. The 2 OG Grus mods I still use will not be replaced at their end of life, I now also use a Ursa (as a mod with the 510 adaptor) which uses the much better Quest board.

4 Likes

Understood @Letitia. The good news is, the Quest 2.0 apparently fixed the underpowering, for what it’s worth.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear your experience. I bought 3 of them and they all read ohms within .01 of my builds. Battery management isn’t the best but I’m vaping 40 watts at 0.17 ohm DTL.

5 Likes

I second the issues relative to battery life on the Grus. I don’t often fire anything at more than 3.7 volts (to taste) or over 65 watts (generally less on both), so using it to taste works all right for me. It burns through a P42A Moly a third quicker than my Puls V2 though.

6 Likes

Sounds like I will continue to avoid LV and DNAs in general. If they’re not reading accurately, then I’m not interested.

2 Likes

I have been happy with my Lost Vapes. My Thelma 250C has been a wonderful mod that was sub $90.00 US and accurate to a T. My 3 Grus mods were $50.00 shipped for all 3 with none of the problems claimed above. They make great beaters that take a 30mm RTA and enough battery life to get thru my 7ml Adomiser V2 with life left to get thru 1/2 a second tank.

5 Likes

I’ve just been relying on a pile of Guars: which do all the basics well. Though, I was pondering getting a Hadron Plus.

3 Likes

I never buy anything on release. Too many questions need to be answered. Reviews? You only get a quick impression from someone who has had it a couple of hours. How long it lasts (button, lights, software. Resistance to juice leaking into 510.) Are most important to me and a review won’t cover that.

4 Likes

Me too. I prefer to wait for the latest fad, then get an old one. If ramps up well, is reliable, and accurate, then a keeper. Bells and whistles aren’t needed.

1 Like

Well, I try NOT to be that guy @rcleven. I’ve been abusing my Thelema Quest, and it’s grown to be one of my favs.

Tell me, what MORE you would like in reviews ?

1 Like

Steamcrave doesn’t have a good history with mods. Good move to go with a DNA250C chip in the new Hadrons but have heard people complaining about problems with the Hadron Pro regarding build quality.

I really like this new Thelema with the Quest chip and so far SS316 TC has been surprisingly good. I have only tried 1 build in TC, a dual 3mm triple core clapton from AVS. Plan on trying a single coil TC build when I get home. It does have a SS904 TC mode but doesn’t really work with the Freemax mesh pro 904L coils but nothing does, even the DNA chip. I think that has to do with how thin the mesh is, not enough surface area so the ohms don’t change at all. The closest thing I got to work with the freemax 904L mesh is the hohmtech G2 in SS316 mode.

I got the blue and it is not the same as the Centaurus, almost a little purplish blue but I sorta dig it.

It is a pain to see the battery levels, so small so bring your glasses if you want to see it.

3 Likes

Like I mentioned above. How is it performing past warrant? How do they handle their warranty? Is it still working 6,9,12 months from purchase?
Just had a super experience with Steam Crave. Was cutting my lawn and my Supreme 3 cap fell off and couldn’t locate it. I actually told them that. They sent me a new cap and 810 Dt for the shipping cost (8 dollars). No proof of purchase needed.
That’s how to treat their customers :smiling_face:.
That’s what I would like hear in reviews.

4 Likes

That actually MIGHT be possible. Let me think on that.

2 Likes

@rcleven I can safely say, that the Thelema Quest is working out PRETTY good. Decided to enhance my collection OF them.

5 Likes

Great Review my Friend :+1: Much Respect

2 Likes

@Mix_and_Hope thanks for stopping in, and thanks a lot.

2 Likes