Lovage root

I bought lovage root (Flavorah) to test, thanks or @SquirrelSmash fault and it is a very thick, dark brown liquid … Too thick … Is ok, or did I get a faulty one?

7 Likes

That is what it should look like. One tip I’d give is to add it as the last concentrate, then the PG from the others will thin it better for mixing.

7 Likes

Ok, thanks, I will do so

5 Likes

You should blame him, not thank him… :rofl: :joy: :rofl: (SS love u m8.)

6 Likes

I’m happy to be your lightning rod of hate. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

This is turning into the Crab Juice Challenge of 2011.

2 Likes

Oh, I think the elusive chicken with biscuits and gravy will be the white whale challenge of 2022. @Rocky02852 got it stuck in my head and I cannot shake the madness of creating it.

3 Likes

May I point you in the direction of Bob Bitchen for a little inspiration?

4 Likes

I think that may be my New Years resolution… finish Jerry :tada:

Say hello to Jerry:

5 Likes

Of course… you didn’t have a look at Rocky’s stash didn’t you? :joy: :rofl: Then you’ll see the light… :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve never checked it. I just assumed it would repeatedly say ‘All Milk and Honey makes Rocky a happy boy’.

3 Likes

I have not used lovage root yet, I purchased some but have some trepidation in using it as I have no idea what the flavor profile is or will be after a steep. From what I’ve read in a lot of posts it does well with tobacco flavors which I am a big fan of.
@SquirrelSmash do you think it would do well in your Everyday Zhou or Smokey’s Winston cigarette?
Thanks in advance for any input

3 Likes

Oh yes, it’ll certainly fit in with both of those. Lovage Root is one of the oddest flavours as it is an extraction without a VG or PG base. So, many find its cloudy and syrupy nature off-putting. When it comes to the two you’ve named, I’d suggest going for 0.15% and maybe increase it if it suits you.

The best way to summarise it is to class it as like traditional Chinese medicine but it adds a moist note to tobaccos: like a walk in a damp forest near autumn. As such, people who like more naturalistic tobaccos but don’t want to use NETs in order to remain tobacco free rely on it a lot.

@Rocky02852 also made a few mad but brilliant drink blends with it. This one is the perfect mix of his M&H, my Lovage and a few shared Flavorah’s we both use a lot:

3 Likes

Thank you for the help. It certainly sounds like it would be a nice addition to some of my mixes. I think I’ll mix up a small batch of Everyday Zhou with the added lovage.
The Lovage in the afternoon actually looks delicious, I’ll have to get the flavors needed and mix some of this up as well.
Thank you again!

3 Likes

Well, don’t rush into getting too many flavours at once. I am currently struggling to try and get back under 200 again.

2 Likes

I’m trying not to, just hit the 100 mark with last delivery, trying to slow down, that recipe just sounds too scrumptious to not try.

3 Likes

Well that one is made using only the beasts of the Flavorah range. I use all of them a lot when I get down to spring and summer blends.

3 Likes