Lovely evening for a walk with the dog and my mod

Really, can I not search properly or something. Cheers mate.

They seem legit, I’m going to give it a go. Thanks for that. They sell batteries at really good prices. I’ll take the rIsk I think. I’m paranoid about clones, but they seem popular which makes me think they can’t afford to screw their customers.

1 Like

they sell clones and authentic. if it is/was a clone the word ‘styled’ would be in the title.

It’s snowing and colder than a mother-in-law’s heart here. But just you wait for another 6 months and we’ll do this to you!

Beautiful shots, not unlike where I’m from in the states.

2 Likes

Would expect nothing less :laughing:

1 Like

Ya the mozzies were bad this year at my house I think I saw 5 or 6 lol (not too many here is all) flies on the other hand ya we have them.

As far as critters killing you the % is lower than the number of deaths in the usa from falling out of bed (seriously it is 450 people per year)

So if you are not afraid to go to bed you shouldn’t be afraid to come to Oz.

2 Likes

I like seeing all of these pictures I always think that Australia must look similar to FL. I don’t know why but w/ the beaches and all. It kinda does in a way. Hehhe Mozzies , flies, alligators, pylons, retics, and everything else down under :wink:

I miss this view in Washington state

4 Likes

Having had the privilege to travel a bit in my time and having visited FL the weather there is more like North Queensland (think great barrier reef). Where I live is near the mountains like washington state (nowhere near as cold I don’t think) our average temp in winter is about 10c (in the mountains much colder can get to -10 c) -summer temps are between 25c and 40 c ish but not humid (but it has gotten to 44c here)

from the front steps of my house summer

crappy pic but from the back balcony winter.

4 Likes

I like both of the pictures. I have a few early morning where the suns coming up and the mountain fog isn’t burnt off yet stunning. Wow 40 c it gets that warm huh I wouldn’t of thought that…of course thank goodness for google since I don’t use Celsius that often …well for some reason we do for taking temperatures but I just learned anything over 39 call the Doctor never really learned it heehe.

That Wa. state view in my pic really isn’t that great it was just an area I liked to go.

1 Like

Maybe if you ever come here you should cross Oodnadatta of your list of places to go highest temp recorded is 50.7 °C (123.3 °F) average temp in summer is 33c (91f) granted it is in the desert and there is nothing there really lol - but we digress :grinning:

Sorry fo rthe thread derail @Volition

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like to skip that place FL is hot enough we were just having crappy high 70 F days in Dec. now it decides to go cold in 2 days it’s going down to 28 F tonight berrhhh

and yes @Volition I will refrain from further derailing…I am terribly bad about that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not a serious thread, you guys are close to topic. And I’m enjoying the banter. Proceed.

2 Likes

I’m just interested in seeing what you all’s side of the world looks like ! :smile:

I’ve been to almost every state here in the U.S. and only one tiny part of Canada.

1 Like

Great, I’ve been to the east coast of the US, New Orleans (actually drove from Orlando to New Orleans, very intersting trip. In Tallahasee we found a “Australian themed bar and hotel” we’d been away from home for a couple of months and were excited to say hello to a couple of Aussies. We were a little homesick. Anyways we rock in there “Wow, your the first Australians that have ever come here” ohh well.We then went to Houston and spent a couple of days in LA and Hawaii on the way home. Great trip, I really enjoyed the drive down south.

I’ll be doing a little travelling this year for my RC racing so I’ll be sure to upload some more photos as I get around. Like @woftam said. Both he and I are about the same latitude as say Monterey on the west coast or the border of North Carolina & Virginia but your temperatures on the east coast are different due to the gulfstream. We are in some of the colder places in Australia yet our summers are still hot as we get big Northerly breezes that come from the heart of the country which is all stinking hot unpopulated desert. The other breeze we get comes from Antarctica. So northerly hot, Southerly Cold.I loe when the change comes through we can drop 10-15 degrees c in 30 minutes. Its an awesome relief after say 5 days above 35.

Anyways As i said, i’ll keep the photos coming. And I’d love to see other parts of the world being posted too. Tell us about your place.

3 Likes

Like it did last night man that cool change was welcome :grinning:

2 Likes

“My place” is a small town in Turkey. I took this standing in some Roman ruins. Where I live is pretty but kinda sucky too. I want to retire there someday though…haha, more diversion.

5 Likes

LOL I was born in Tallahassee it’s an odd ball city if anything. I wonder what the place was. I like to travel and even in FL the terrain may not be aw inspiring on every turn but there’s just something about old mossy oak trees sitting next palm trees that I adore I call it Old Florida , new FL would be Orlando where everything is kinda fake and skyrise hotels and not much of it is true to the state just over developed.

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip it sounded like a great time.

Here’s a couple shots of Miconopy Fl

throughout this tiny tiny little city theres palm trees that are super old and huge too bad I only got the main strip. I like " forgotten places "

@therabidweasel I think you have a " my place " all over the world you have one cool job whatever it is that you do you travel everywhere ! That’s an awesome shot looks like some smaller mountains in the back.

6 Likes

Well 8 o clock again and the dog beckoned. It’s worse today, the heat that is. It’s probably a few degrees cooler than the last couple of days. But the humidity has gone crazy. Was there the worlds biggest cloud chucking contest. Unfortunately not the humidity doesn’t smell sweet enough.

Absolute stinker.! That cool change was much too short.

3 Likes

Well, yes, only few people die from encounters with animals. But do you also have the number of the cases where people get bitten and don’t die? These are the scary ones. And getting bitten is just one issue. You can also be stung, touched, sprayed, insects lay eggs under your skin…

I know it is unlikely as long as you keep your hands out of dark holes in the ground etc but you know… as a European you don’t grow up with that kind of dangers around you so we don’t have the hard wired emergency triggers in our heads.