Lung issues? Why am I just hearing this now?

I’ll see this dude in question today and make sure I heard him correctly…he doesnt look as sick as it sounds he would be. Theres some smart people on ELR!

4 Likes

He could vary well be suffering from some sort of ailment but you are not typically walking around w/ sepsis it is a life threatening situation where 2 or more vital organs are failing or have failed. I work in the ICU and we have many ppl on several antibiotics requiring a lengthy stay in the hosptial…I certainly hope for his sake it isn’t !

4 Likes

It might be the other thing you said…im gonna find out though. Thanks for your input!

3 Likes

My sister has Sarcoidosis she still smokes cigs well she HAD it not sure if it still present it can go away on it’s own.

2 Likes

You know what bacteria/viruses really hate? Temperatures over the boiling point of water. Trying to convince me that they can thrive is what is basically an oven (Atomizer) seems ill informed. It might be an interesting experiment to create a culture of what remains alive in a wicked RDA after 10 minutes of chain vaping, but my intuitive guess would be nothing. Is there evidence of elderly patients getting sick from their COPD vaporizer treatments? If even slightly possible I think that would be greatly known. Can such flora even be transmitted via steam? …I mean outside of some deep sea volcanic vent.

@Amy2? get right on that RDA culture :laughing: !

Also it is my understanding only ONE person ever contracted/died from “popcorn lung” and they all-but-swam in artificial butter vapor for years. Most here would agree the D/A/P scare is fueled by greed at Big Tobacco and only a thinly veiled and false interest in Public Health. How can you be sure? Well once vaping is taken over by BT we’ll hear loudly about how much safer vaporization is over combustion (and we recently saw exactly that) …I mean we already know by personal experience, but this Truth will be stifled until they (BT) own it.

On PG… like things such as Latex Gloves (surgeons), this can be an issue about “exposure”. You friend may have developed a sensitivity to PG over time on the basis of repeated exposure …a known issue, but exacerbated by the high 50/50 VG/PG ratios of much commercial juice. Many folks here are into DIY to modify their own PG sensitivity issues. Kudos to the OP for spending some time researching …never stop. If your friend has any real evidence WE (ELR) will be the first people interested!

We learned recently (video) that Minty vapes are harsher on lung tissue that other flavors. Did he prefer minty vapes? I think your friend may be conflating his own health status with whatever he can get his brain to grasp …this is Human Nature. However, Opinion is not Science. Still, its not your job to enlighten, and you could even damage that friendship trying to inflict him with facts. Keeping that friendship might be preferable to being right. Hey? Best advice? He quit smoking and quit vaping? Win Win. Instead offer some congratulations …we ain’t vaping Kale out here …everyone might be able to agree Vaping is a health risk.

8 Likes

There are a few different classes of bacteria that thrive in extreme temperature Thermophiles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermophile is one that comes to mind. Each different class thrives at certain temperatures.

I do build my own coils but I do buy store stock coils too.
I think it all depends on the individual’s health in general what his history is and family’s history that guides what is happening to him.

6 Likes

I agree Pg has bactericidal properties that is why a large amount of hospitals have it pumped through their air system.

6 Likes

When they find some Water Bears in eJuice vapor CALL ME …I mean at my house! :astonished:

6 Likes

Lol you would of contracted it some other way by then since it’s your souce of water. No thank you even thou the name is cute.

3 Likes

well let’s clear some things out…

1. Noone said that vaping is 100% pure for health or whatever… it’s just way much more healthier (95% according to English researches)… well if someone thinks that smoking is better him, so be it… noone is forced to vape

2. yes, PG can cause some irritation sometimes or allergies (really very rare) but NOT in condition to kill, make people really ill or cause something really serious in my knowledge until now…

3. bacteria: most bacteria Can’t live in the wick or coil… there are only a small chances for specific bacteria that could, BUT oh well… it’s almost impossible to go in there (hepatitis for example :stuck_out_tongue: ) but on the other hand… ever thought of cleaning drip tips or even your tank? you can clean anytime you wish your drip tip with some alcohol… or the tank with some water, some people even use those tablets that are for cleaning dentures and then wash them out with some water… it works… bacteria isn’t a problems… and well bacteria live EVERYWHERE…

4. popcorn lung… that’s for luls … 7 people in the whole world had that disease and in reality if you search about it … there had inhaled so much diacetyl in that factory while working that all of us together in this forum will not inhale in like 4-5 years…plus a traditional tobacco smoker, inhales like 700-1000 times more these chemicals than a typical vaper…

and until now none research has found any really bad effects from vaping to the health that can cause death or more serious problems than traditional smoking… we vapers change a really bad and truly unhealthy habbit (smoking) that kills people for over 50 years officially now… to a healthier alternative way to take nicotine… i don’t think that any vaper would suggest a non smoker start vaping anyway…

6 Likes

I think if someone smoke the right strain of marijuana, they can conjure up all manners of death and destruction that could befall them. Paranoia is a bitch.

If that were my friend I’d tell them we need to contact the CDC, NBC, MSNBC and The Discovery Channel. I mean really news is news, and who doesn’t like a rare illness story. But this is otherwise a non-issue even if the condition exists in this person and can be directly related to vaping. Why? Because MILLIONS of people vape every day with zero negative effects. [quote=“BoDarc, post:28, topic:135624”]
When they find some Water Bears in eJuice vapor CALL ME
[/quote]

:slight_smile: well I think the tardigrade has survived everything man and nature has thrown at it. So it may make its way through the wick, survive the coil and enter the lungs. Nasty! :laughing:

5 Likes

Lol Apparently Tardigrade survived space ! ‘Water Bears’ Able To Survive Exposure To Vacuum Of Space

Of all environments, space must be the most hostile: It is freezing cold, close to absolute zero, there is a vacuum, so no oxygen, and the amount of lethal radiation from stars is very high. This is why humans need to be carefully protected when they enter this environment.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080908135906.htm

5 Likes

After seeing that pic I had to find out what the hell a water bear was…what the hell man! I love science so I must’ve been sleeping in school when they went over these things. How cool! Pretty neat little buggers

4 Likes

I would endorse the idea that you should clean your drip tip on a regular basis … it`s a good idea to keep your vape gear clean as well.

4 Likes

I thought I was the only one sneaking my husband’s Goon into the kitchen at like 7am to go scrub the gunk off…

6 Likes

I found this interesting forum by looking for e-liquid recipes for calculator. And gather the opportunity to join.
For most of the health issues they omit to compare with cigarettes. They say there is diacetyl in e-cigs but omit to say there are many times more in cigarettes. I saw a research earlier (Which amused me most) and unfortunately I couldnt find the source now.
They had tried to measure the particules in smoke, vapour and room air (To show there are less particules in vapour against smoke but more than room air.) They found out there were less particules in vapour than room air.

Think all the resources and ability the tobacco companies, medicals and governments have. If there had been any danger in vaping they would raise the hell. not gossips and urban legends.
For diacetyl yes there were people who developed pop corn lung in that particular pop corn company. But there were hundreds which did not. They still are not sure whether it comes with diacetyl.
Also you get diacetyl with e-cigarettes do you know how much you get from smoking?
Also for the gems you seem to use same dishes without cleaning. How can a occassionally cleaned gadget can trasform that much germs? Also believe in PG it is used as disinfectant in hospitals.
I have been vaping for 4 years and dont intend to quit (It quits me I go out long hours without taking it with me and no funny effects as in the beginning.)
For these years I noticed that cigarettes addicting is not same with e-cigarettes addicting. You can easily quit e-cigarettes with a little effort but you know the story with smoking.
Dont worry enjoy vaping
And sorry for the long post for this is my first here.

14 Likes

Hey thanks for posting and welcome to the world of mixing! You came to the right place. This is a very helpful forum with all kinds of smart people, including you!

6 Likes

@nmackan

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/14/media-bias-exposed-popcorn-lung-chemical-750-times-greater-in-tobacco-vs-e-cigarettes/
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: New Study Finds that Average Diacetyl Exposure from Vaping is 750 Times Lower than from Smoking

Looking at the numbers, Siegel found “daily exposure to diacetyl from smoking is therefore 750 times higher, on average than exposure to diacetyl from vaping.” Vapers are, on average, exposed to a daily dose of nine micrograms of diacetyl, compared with 6,718 micrograms for smokers.

But the evidence gets worse for sensationalist headline writers and anti-vaping activists. “The ‘worst’ e-cigarette tested produces diacetyl exposure that is 85 times lower than that of the ‘worst’ cigarette tested,” says Siegel. The e-cigarette liquid with the highest level of diacetyl in the Harvard study exposed vapers to just 239 micrograms against 20,340 micrograms for heavy smokers.

7 Likes

What is more I am sure they already checked the worst diacetyl producing liquid with less producing cigarette and it is still for the vapers’ benefit. (on several times basis) Otherwise they should have claimed vapers expose more diacetyl than smokers without mentioning worst liquid to less cigarette. I mean we would have a new urban legend.

4 Likes

I really love this thread. I want to give it one big heart.

Gimme diacetyl!

5 Likes