Lung issues? Why am I just hearing this now?

Whats up yall. I heard some shit today from an unreliable source and was looking for some answers. I can’t find anything after a quick google search, just your basic popcorn lung malarkey and bad reactions to PG. A fellow vaper told me that he was having to quit vaping because it’s giving him breathing problems and making him sick. He has been vaping for a couple of years now so I thought it odd that he have trouble now. Here’s the update: He claimed that vaping was giving him bronchitis that could lead to septicemia. I’m thinking this is a worse case scenario thing. It could also be a rumor spread by doctors that form their own negative opinions towards vaping. Who knows…

Anyways, he said that coils, wicks, juice (in the tank) and drip tips collect bacteria and germs that can make you sick. You put it in your pocket, carry them around all over the place, yadda yadda yadda. I’m from the country. We’re known to drink from muddy creeks and such. We breathe in more crap from the regular air more than anything else imho. When I smoked cigs, I got some sort of little cold all the time. It was killing my immune system along with everything else. Since I’ve quit smoking though, I dont think I’ve been sick since (maybe once :head_bandage: ). Has anyone else heard something about vapers getting repeatedly sick from germ infested vapes? Or people who have breathing problems that get worse when vaping? Usually I keep up with vape news and this is new to me.

5 Likes

was the word septicemia?

6 Likes

YES! Omg that was it exactly! Now I can successfully search for something

2 Likes

That’s what animals/people die from after being bitten by a komodo dragon. All that high-end bacteria in their mouth.

6 Likes

So I wonder if this has any truth to it? I guess it’s possible if someone left an rda juiced and wicked out in the open for a month without being used and then hit it one day. I like to tell myself that germs can’t survive on a coil that just heated up to 800°

2 Likes

WOW! Look at the big brain on @mrneph2
:grinning:

6 Likes

I’m not thinking it’s impossible, but very unlikely. Probably have to be that perfect storm of filth directly on/in the drip tip and making contact with an open wound in lip, tongue, or mouth.

3 Likes

Man, that’s a hard one to believe. Septicemia is an advanced condition when a flora of bacteria becomes prevalent enough to invade and travel through the blood system. I helped develop a line of septicemia testing equipment and the correlation of the condition seems tangential at best. Sounds like the crap that MSLSD or Faux News would peddle if their coke-a-cola sales were down and they were despite. Or maybe the FDA got some intern microbiologist to spout some crap by paying off student loans. It fits the profile, very scary sounding without any basis in reality.

13 Likes

I’d say thats a good assumption. I change wicks pretty often and clean everything when I do so I would say the case is rare

5 Likes

popcorn lung is real but with the amount of diacetyl we vape it would seem to be impossible to get as for him getting sick from the shit in his drip tip thats his own stupidity CLEAN the fucking thing smh , my fiance is the same way she thinks she could vape on a tank forever without cleaning it , again smh , i clean hers sometimes but leave the shit on a tooth pick and say this is from just your drip tip you nasty sucker lol , seems that people are pg sensitive but there are other options , it cracks me up when ex smokers become better than smokers and ex vapers become better than both , my mom is on disability and livea with me ( she lives with me ) my place her room but she started vaping while i was smoki g still and quit vaping when i started and now she goes around rhw house talking shit under her breath about the vape clouds it pisses me off because she use to vape in the house now that shes done she doesn’t like it all of a sudden , sorry for the long rant but this is shit that gets to me

11 Likes

No kidding man. As I was listening to the dude I was already telling myself “fuck it I guess I’ll get that “s” word disease cause I’m not giving up vaping yet!”

5 Likes

Amen brother

2 Likes
6 Likes

As per @mrneph2, only a perfect storm situation. Again tangential at best to vaping. Maybe, in theory, a bacteria could have been introduced via vaping. Impossible to verify as bacteria is introduced every day, all day long from a plethora of origins. This bacteria could have perfect conditions within the host to multiply and become septic. I can’t take the bait on the immune deficiency line either. Again, maybe some perfect storm scenario which would have probably manifested with or without vaping. I’m thinkin this is a B horror movie for sure. Swamp thing was probably better.

8 Likes

I freaking used to watch the shit outta some swamp thing! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

5 Likes

I watched it many times myself back in the day. I think it had a Swamp Thing in it, but I remember it for something else entirely…

4 Likes

hey! wowee you found my favorite commercial ever! some dude at work has ass breath and when he comes around I sing that song. thanks! for a serious note,keep the drip tip out of your butt or someone elses butt and you will never get sick from vaping

9 Likes
13 Likes

Right?!! Gross.

5 Likes

To me it would seem he would suffer from Sarcoidosis WAY before Sepsis. You have to have a set of symptoms way before your diagnosed w/ Sepsis. SIRS= systemic inflammatory response syndrome this is one of the biggest indicators we use to watch someone so they do not go " septic " once you go septic you’ll require antibiotics possible multiple depending on the source… so for him to have septicemia WOW that is really shocking… I am leary to think that it came from a vaping source not that it can not happen but it is a true perfect storm scenario. Just my 2 cents I am not a Dr. nor do I specialize in Pulmonology just a nurse.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/arthritis-sarcoidosis#1

Oh and @fidalgo_vapes I totally understand your frustration I clean my fiances tank and it is utterly disgusting I personally have to snag it and inspect it cuz it’s always super gross…why can’t our other halves take just an ounce of responsibility on their gear ?

12 Likes