M&P Calipitter Chow clone

Hello all,

Still looking for a good Calipitter Chow clone from Mom & Pop. If you have any to share I would be grateful. Have a nice day.

3 Likes

M&P liquids are way cheaper than DIY concentrates of companies like FA or FLV, so i don’t think many would want to try cloning Calipitter Chow. There’s no reason for that. Just a hint - when you’ll be looking for CC recipes, eliminate those that use any FA/FLV flavors.

3 Likes

A quick search… can not vouch… but here ya go…
https://ukvapers.org/Thread-calipitter-chow-alternative

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a money thing. Just curiosity. I love it, but I can’t figure out what it is that I taste.

3 Likes

The description is intentionally vague, it seems. Maybe mix up a plain Cheesecake with Vanilla Custard like someone did in the forum link above. Adjust from there.

3 Likes

Not sure. My guessing would go into other direction; peanut butter (maybe even some hazelnuts), salted caramel, maybe some white chocolate, sweet cream, maybe even some rice crispies, and a drop of some bold vanilla (maybe tpa or fw, but cap custard or french van is not there). It’s quite popular M&P liquid, but i wasn’t impressed too much, so i’m just using it like other concentrates.

4 Likes

Might help - in the past companies rarely used flavors of 3 companies, so i would probably focus on flavors of 2 companies (tfa and fw specifically in this case and i’d ignore cap, fa or others). That would also make sense from the price point (since M&P liquids are very cheap).

4 Likes

While that might be true… if you do find a blend mix that might come close… You might want to think on that recipe and giving it an upgrade to better flavorings. just my thoughts… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Different people taste different things. I taste some sort of salted rice indeed! I think it’s the only vape I would recognize blindfolded because to my taste buds it’s unique.

5 Likes

I’d be interested to know as well, also out of curiosity. I was late to the party with calipitter chow but I’ve been doing a lot of catching up this year. It’s easily my favorite creamy thing at the moment and I quite enjoy it on its own, even without ever going over 10%.

I can however totally understand how people think it’s not that interesting, and I might have found the same some years ago. While I still enjoy bold, vibrant recipes, I tend to rotate them much faster than I used to. They seem to exhaust my senses kind of like how heavily compressed music tires the hearing.

I get cream, vanilla, a bit of caramel and peanut. Some mention a tobacco note; from the tobaccoids I know I’d guess FA Soho.

I can’t find a place where it’s cheap, in fact it’s one of the pricier aromas I buy. The M&P website is no good, 10ml of calipitter chow aroma is $6.95. At my go to (EU) vendors the stuff is consistently much more expensive than CAP and TFA as well: Chef’s Flavours sells it for 2.45 british pounds (as compared to 1.13 TFA and 1.38 CAP).Vapeable.com 2.49 (1.49 both CAP and TFA), NomNomz 2.30 (1.25 TFA, 1.50 CAP).

(You mention “liquids” and compare them to “concentrates”. I assumed you were talking about concentrates - if you mean liquids instead then I should point out that these are so ridiculously expensive that even at half the best price it would make no sense buying them if you can DIY as well. Some five bucks should make you at least 100ml at the suggested 12% concentration, base and nic included. I’m personally under $20 per liter, at 10%, 3mg, 30PG/70VG.)

But by all means let me know if I’m missing something. Cheap M&P sounds like music to my ears.

Why rule out FA and FLV? Calipitter chow is not a particularly strong aroma, most people who vape it as a single aroma use 10% or more. If you could make it with FA aromas you’d likely need less than half of that. Same goes for FLV. The notion that FA and FLV are expensive doesn’t really consider that you can make a lot more juice with it!

And more importantly, you can make a healthy margin even if you’d use FA flavourings 1:1. If you buy FA in a 1000ml container you’re already down to $70 = $0.70 per 10ml . Prices will obviously be much better when you’re buying gallons at a time, and at 0% sales tax / VAT.

Anyway, as a new chow fan it’s been a pleasure to revive this old threat, would love to hear it if OP’s research has progressed in the mean time

3 Likes

BTW how do you know M&P is using flavours from other brands instead of manufacturing their own? I can’t find anything that suggests they do (or don’t for that matter).

3 Likes

I meant if you want to make a ‘clone’ (= same-same), then i probably wouldn’t use FA/FLV since FLV is a new company (so their flavors certainly weren’t used in calipitter chow) and FA was not very convenient to be depended on at that time (i’d rather place my bet on cheap and more accessible brands like FW, CAP, TFA, CCW or even a direct import of dirty cheap concentrates from China). But if you want to make something similar to Calipitter Chow (so not a clone), then you can certainly try with these brands too ofc.

If this is your ADV or maybe even the only vape you desire/need, then hell yeah, it is extremely affordable. In that case you’re not buying 10ml bottles probably.

100ml costs ÂŁ15.00 only (nomnomz; one pound more at chefs; no idea about the prices over the pond) and this is without any discount (so you can get it for about 12 pounds or even less at specific times for 100ml). eSauce shop (UK) has a regular price for dozens of Mom&Pops at 0.95. It means you will get away nearly for the same price even if you had the exact recipe for cloning. And cheaper than at least 99.8% of vapers for sure.

Never tried Soho, but my first bet would surely be RY4 in that case (but ofc this is pure guessing).

Since i can see you’re a true fan of CC, this might interest you (if you’re from Europe). Some time ago i was reading some forums (German i think) and they were talking high about Twisted Calipitter Chow; they say it’s better, stronger, more flavorful than Mom&Pops (but also more expensive; and ofc, i never tried it, so i can’t confirm this).

I don’t; it’s just a speculation (since all points in that direction).

3 Likes

Good points.

I thought it to be relatively expensive given the price and amount needed. However, 0.95 is by far the best 10ml price I’ve seen this far.

Nope. But at 0.95 a piece you bet I’ll be doing that from now on. Cheers mate.

I’ll pass, but thanks anyway.

3 Likes