Ma ban on menthol cigarettes

What do you think of this? Personally, I couldn’t believe it. It’s a short and easy read.

5 Likes

At least they are standing up, the vaping industry not so much. There’s not even a mention about all them looming bans in the emails they send, just buy our latest shitpod :nauseated_face:

8 Likes

Well did they do that or?

I think that if we do not stand up for what we want, it will be taken from us.

7 Likes

I have been getting info from US vendors. Some are great where they link you to all the petitions and calls to action. Others may just say that they can’t ship to your state. And the Chinese vendors…well, Innokin is the only one I know that’s got the pedal to the metal on the vape/flavor ban issue but most of their activities have been in EU. Phil Busardo and Dimitri are working with them if you want to know more. Dimitri is all over twitter and harassing the president, as well.

5 Likes

I spoke to my favorite convenient store guy and he still has menthol tobacco products on his shelves but he said they’re having meetings on The Hill. Who knows how this ends? He said that MA will lose about 300 million in state tax sales alone for menthol cigs. Said it was 35-40 percent of most convenient store sales.

2 Likes

Vapetasia has been pretty loud voiced on twitter

3 Likes

You can bet they won’t let that happen. These corrupt people are all about money and I’m not stating one party either ALL of them … so angry that I could spit nails most days.

3 Likes

A lot of folks will not come out of this alive… it will put a hurting on the entire country…
We knew this was coming… and all the should have would have and dont they dare… wont help.
What will is if we keep a cool logical thought process going, and come up with solutions to fix all of what they “deem” bad. If we want to keep our vaping. It won’t look like what we have now… but it wont be collapsed. Def expect higher costs and if you want to vape later… discretion.

2 Likes

Menthol smokers will not give up their menthol, state will just lose more money to the black market. I was a lucky one, when Illinois raised the tax so high 2 years in a row I lived close enough to 2 of the borders of more reasonably priced cigs. Illinois took a huge loss in southern Illinois those years.

6 Likes

I like my menthol too… thank goodness I have a recipe I enjoy when I need a little something :wink:

2 Likes

Lol
Can’t stand menthol vapes at all yet it was all I ever smoked. I was/am still shocked how much I dislike any juice with menthol. Honestly still sometimes long for a menthol smoke in the mornings, luckily there doesn’t seem to be any temptation attached to the longing.

4 Likes

I don’t shop in the US since the cost of shipping is just not worth it so I primarily get emails from Chinese vendors and they don’t care, there’s always a new thing on the horizon.

I’m not really on social media, I’m just looking at the info I’m getting in my mailbox and I get that the Chinese don’t care, but I also get emails from something called Vaping360.
I can’t remember how I got on their mailinglist, or who they are precisely, but I’m pretty sure they’re not Chinese.
They only have the usual giveaways and sales pitches.
I’m only illustrating what information people get when they are living under a rock :wink:

5 Likes

I cant do them all the time… maybe a tank full if that… then I am done for a bit and back to something else… I dont even have an all day vape… but that is what makes things fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got that damn right. The MA vape shops are kaput. I didn’t know that when you sign a lease for a business space you owe for the length of time you signed the lease for. God forbid any of them signed 10yr leases. This is why they lawyered up and filed a lawsuit. I pray they win because they have families, employees they had to let go, etc.

3 Likes

Now that I know you’re in Amsterdam that makes more sense. Frankly, I depend on those Chinese vendors.

ETA: I just saw on the news that Chinese packages are showing up in the states with US return addresses. I just edited most of my post.

3 Likes

But it’s our governor who is setting the ban! Why would he want to lose $300,000,000 in state taxes? Makes no sense if money is the bottom line. I’m at a loss and can’t help but think that something else is going on behind the scenes. Who else can it be but Big T. What’s your take?

1 Like

Yep, and that’s exactly what’s going on here. MA residents always flocked to New Hampshire for state tax free big ticket items, cigarettes and liquor on Sundays (before MA changed the law). Now vape sales have quadrupled on the NH borders.

News today: Another person (50 yr old male) has died in MA from vaping. Gee, wasn’t the ban supposed to stop that? I told them prohibition doesn’t work. It didn’t work in 1914 why should it work now?

1 Like

you have any tobacco growing up there, or is Ma actually putting a huge hurting on the state due to lost taxes from folks buying smokes… hmm… there is something up… price of cigs too high and people switch to the next cheapest thing… :crazy_face: Most love cheap things… deals! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s called Connecticut Shade Tobacco and is primarily used for binder and wrapper for cigars. You can also grow it for personal use only on your own property.