MacBaren Vanilla Creme Pipe Tobacco

I’m inviting anyone who knows pipe tobaccos to help me create a recipe. @SquirrelSmash I know you like your pipe tobaccos so please jump in if you please.

To help, I used to smoke a pipe many years ago and was introduced to it by a smoke shop that sold me what they described as something similar to the less expensive Captain Black Original…a soft tobacco with a vanilla top note. An aromatic pipe tobacco as opposed to the non-aromatic English classification. I loved the aroma and so did everyone around me. I’d love to create a vape around this profile. Here’s a real pipe tobacco that I would aspire to:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/macbaren-vanilla-creme-pipe-tobacco-pipe-tobacco/1439914/#:~:text=The%20MacBaren%20Vanilla%20Cream%20Pipe,to%20please%20the%20entire%20gang.
MacBaren Vanilla Crème Pipe Tobacco

8 Likes

@muth good choice of brands I also have been a connoisseur of well blended pipe tobaccos for many years. My favorites also being from MacBaren, I thoroughly enjoy their Cherry Ambrosia and Toffee Cream. I have been looking for a good quality E Pipe in which to enjoy my pipe inspired eliquid mixes. For my cherry Ambrosia mix I used the Stixx mixx Cherry Cavendish with their Dark Fire and INW Shisha Vanilla and InW Cherries. I’ll have to look for my recipe and share with you.

6 Likes

Found it

Cherries (INAWERA) 2.00
Cherry Cavendish (Stixx Mixx) 6.25
Cherry, Black (Amarena, Cherryl) (FA) 1.00
Dark Fire (Stixx Mixx) 0.75
Marshmallow (FA) 1.00
Shisha Vanilla (INAWERA) 1.50
Walnut (VTA) 0.50

Before I found Stixx Mixx I used a lot of Inawera classic pipe tobaccos. They have a vanilla for pipe that is good though it needs some help as it’s quite a mild flavor.

8 Likes

I remember enjoying the Captain Black Royal blend which had notes of sweet coconut and vanilla and it had a wonderful room note that people nearby would compliment me on. I had a black coral meerschaum pipe (full bent) with a gold band that was dedicated to that particular tobacco because I liked it so much.

4 Likes

I have had a fair few bowls of Mac Baren’s offerings over the years.

Although I was never a fan of aromatics, I’ll ponder how to approach it later today.

If my memory serves, this is a pressed, shredded, and cased Virginia, burley and cavendish blend. I think I’d have to begin with a light vanilla cream base and then build up from that.

5 Likes

You only forgot to add an amber stem.

5 Likes

Hahaha, well this particular pipe had the appearance of black coral/coal so the black stem suited it well but I did have a few pipes with amber stems.
This pipe in the picture is similar to the one that I had only mine was bent slightly more.
IMG_1999

5 Likes

So yours was partway to being an Oom.

This photo really reminds me of Peterson’s might sandblasted selection. Although, I can image you with a meerschaum lined calabash while pondering singular issues.

4 Likes

Those Oom pipes are a bit too large for my tastes but I did think about getting a Sherlock Holmes style calabash but I refrained for some reason. I found smoking a pipe like good company similar to being with an old friend and spent many an hour quietly sat in my favourite armchair by the fire pondering all sorts of different things, it was like a therapy to relax the nerves and I always felt more focused afterwards. Hell, this conversation is making me miss my old pipes and I think I need a suitable E pipe to try and replace them.

7 Likes

You could try Inawera’s Vanilla for Pipe as a base and go from there.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone. I see I may have stirred up some old memories. I refrained from getting INW Vanilla for Pipe because I heard it was weak but you’re right, no reason why I can’t beef it up to my liking as one way to do it. Building it from scratch will be more advantageous to me for creating other pipe offerings.

I was by no means a pipe connoisseur so I appreciate all the suggestions :hugs:

3 Likes

Island Tobacco (SC) is a tobacco with coconut. I liked it and bought as much as I could when BCF had their clearance. It can still be purchased at Flavor Jungle under the FE brand, iirc.

ETA: As a matter of fact, I liked the tobacco/coconut profile so much that I requested a special blend to be made from Naturally Extracted Tobacco when they were still in business. It was a take on their Black Cavendish/Coconut blend only mine used Natural Cavendish which was lighter and let the coconut shine through more.

10 Likes

What is Island Tobacco (SC) called now? I just looked through Flavor Jungle under FE and I don’t see it.

3 Likes

@ DIYEjuice Island Tobacco (SC).

7 Likes

Thank you Dennis! :hugs:

4 Likes

Thx, McDuckie, maybe FJ doesn’t have it anymore.

1 Like

That sounds delicious @muth and something I would enjoy myself. I might just look into finding something similar here in the U.K. or find a recipe with similar attributes.

3 Likes

The coconut in Island Tobacco is good quality but it’s not a Cavendish tobacco and not a NET. I wonder if INW Tobacco Cavendish and their Virginia Absolute would be a good start…with a coconut of your liking.

2 Likes

I remember a long long time ago, when I used to smoke a pipe, I used to buy this buttered rum blend from Tinder Box that was just so relaxing and smelled wonderful. I actually had a camp shirt that I would wear while smoking it. Just so I could smell it later. It’s the only time I liked the smell of tobacco on clothing.
Wonder if there’s a recipe for that? I suck at tobacco mixes, but would try that.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that Inawera made those flavours @muth and to be honest I don’t know much about tobacco recipes in vape form so I wouldn’t have a clue where to start but thank you for your suggestions.

3 Likes